Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Alternative External FPS Limiter

Hi Paul,That seems interesting as I have been experiencing fluctuating FPS with the "old" limiter tool and I had dismissed it as one of those things when playing around with FSX.cfg setting's as we have all done.I would like to investigate your findings as I do like the FPS Limiter Tool more as it does not produce black screens and since installing the new limiter I have noticed that ASE causes FSX to freeze up and that is rather disconcerting when flying online. Thanks for the heads-up. [/size][/color] Hi Brad, Depends on where your sliders are set, if you are pushing it then you will notice some graphics degradation. I have just installed nVidia's newest Beta and rebuilt my .cfg and I am extremely happy with the new FPS limiter, except for the instances mentioned above. Are you running a second computer networked with your FSX computer? I have the same programs you have running on a client and I am pleased with performance and communiction between the two.
Yes, I am running a networked computer. My sliders are aggressively set. Concerning the frame limiter, the monitors will start flashing and will not stop. Any ideas how to fix?

Yes, I am running a networked computer. My sliders are aggressively set. Concerning the frame limiter, the monitors will start flashing and will not stop. Any ideas how to fix?
Oh, I missed the part that you have 2 monitors for FSX. How aggressive, I take it that your monitors did not flash before installing the new limiter? There might be something in the .dll that was provided that makes a difference... due to the fact there are numerous individuals (like myself) who have varying degrees of freeze-up's, black screens etc. I think there is an issue with the coding.Starting with Mesh, then Texture, try pulling your sliders back one notch and see if that resolves anything. Do you have 2 monitors linked to the FSX computer? I take it one is for the actual VC and the other is used to drag avionics and used for FSInn etc.I have all my addons which include ASE, FSInn, Aivlasoft EFB and other programs linked to FSX via the network which reduces strain on the FSX computer. I am experiencing rather impressive results with this limiter and hopefully we'll get a good fine tuned variation from *******.

\Robert Hamlich/

My multi monitor setup is more than you think. There are a total of five monitors, three via a triple head to go on one video card and 2 more instrument panel monitors via another video card. I do the same thing as you with running all other applications on a second machine. When the limiter was loaded, I was trying FSINN on the FSX machine. FSINN took my FPS from 30 to 15. I installed the limiter and my FPS was back to 30, 30 being the set maximum. That was very impressive so I would like to have this limiter. I will try the sliders but this happens when I change from windowed to full screen. Do you run in full screen mode and how to did you set the FPS parameters?

Hi Guys Could someone tell me how easy it is to un-install the alternative FPS limiter if it all goes wrong? I have not yet tried to install it yet, as I am wary of making things worse………I have a seen people on the forums saying some +ve and –ve things regarding it. All I want is a stutter free non blurry PC ……………… I don’t need things maxed up with Autogen etc, but VFR scenery needs to have a degree of sharp focus. I am still having some stuttering issues and buries when using VFR scenery of the UK. My system was working very well and smooth then I don’t quite know what happened. I have spent many weeks trying various as suggested on the forums including the tweek tool from *******. Thanks Stewart FSX GoldMSI X58 PRO-E Intel i7 920 Quad Core 2.66 Ghz Samsung 1TB 32 Mb CacheNVidia 285 GTX 2Gb DDR3 Corsair 12Gb Tri Channel 1600MhzWin XP Professional 64 Bit

Hi Guys Could someone tell me how easy it is to un-install the alternative FPS limiter if it all goes wrong? I have not yet tried to install it yet, as I am wary of making things worse………I have a seen people on the forums saying some +ve and –ve things regarding it. All I want is a stutter free non blurry PC ……………… I don’t need things maxed up with Autogen etc, but VFR scenery needs to have a degree of sharp focus. I am still having some stuttering issues and buries when using VFR scenery of the UK. My system was working very well and smooth then I don’t quite know what happened. I have spent many weeks trying various as suggested on the forums including the tweek tool from *******. Thanks Stewart FSX GoldMSI X58 PRO-E Intel i7 920 Quad Core 2.66 Ghz Samsung 1TB 32 Mb CacheNVidia 285 GTX 2Gb DDR3 Corsair 12Gb Tri Channel 1600MhzWin XP Professional 64 Bit
Stewart, it's just two files you delete from your root FSX directory. That's all there is to an uninstall.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Hi Bill I don’t get this frames limiter. I copied the two files into the root directory of FSX. How do I access the limiter side when running FSX? The install instructions say use the application key, is the key located between the rightctrl and windows key. I have a UK key board. Not sure if this makes any difference but nothing happens. Should something come up on the screen? Should I enter something into the CFG file? As per previous posts! [config]RenderAheadLimit=2FPSlimit=30I have tried to follow the postings by others but still don’t get it.I am a bit lost with this…………………..Sorry to sound so thick. Stewart

Hi Bill I don’t get this frames limiter. I copied the two files into the root directory of FSX. How do I access the limiter side when running FSX? The install instructions say use the application key, is the key located between the rightctrl and windows key. I have a UK key board. Not sure if this makes any difference but nothing happens. Should something come up on the screen? Should I enter something into the CFG file? As per previous posts! [config]RenderAheadLimit=2FPSlimit=30I have tried to follow the postings by others but still don’t get it.I am a bit lost with this…………………..Sorry to sound so thick. Stewart
I have no idea, Stewart. I just set my limitations in the config file and flew - never tried to access the limiter in-flight. I don't see anything on screen, but I didn't expect to. Maybe someone else can set me straight if I'm missing out...

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Is there any workaround if I need to switch between full screen and windowed mode at the beginning? I have to set up RC4 and ASE when the a/c is parked at the gate, no need to switch after that. This limiter works really great for me, almost no stutters but I can't use it :( Isn't that a classic FSX thing? :)

Is there any workaround if I need to switch between full screen and windowed mode at the beginning? I have to set up RC4 and ASE when the a/c is parked at the gate, no need to switch after that. This limiter works really great for me, almost no stutters but I can't use it :( Isn't that a classic FSX thing? :)
Here's one workaround that seems to consistently work for me: I start FSX in full-screen mode, but if I have to drop into windowed for some action (like showing the EZCA studio, for example), I find I can hit alt-enter to go back into full screen, then ctl-alt-del and bring up the task manager. For some reason, once the task manager is invoked, the sim pops back into full-screen mode and all is well. I'm not sure of the mechanics of it, but this works for me until a better solution is found.

Bill Womack

Hi AllSorry to stray off topic slightly but was Interested reading through this thread and coming across the black screen problem, as it's something that happens on my system everytime dry.gif Was keen to try the disablepreload=0 thingy but haven't got that line in my cfg file, should I add it?Many thanks for any helpRegardsAlanPS First post!! Yayyy :(

I tried to use this FPS limiter, and placed the two files in the root folder, but then FSX won't open. I get the "Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered a problem and needs to close"Once I remove the d3d9.dll it is OK again and opens normally.Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?Thanks,Bill

Well I have used the older external FSX Limiter program for a while and it has worked well for me. I decided to try this new frame limiter program to see if it would at least work as well. It indeed works as well. As a matter of fact, for me it works better in that the frame rate fluctuations are much smaller with this new program. It also seems to work with the frame limiter inside of FSX set to setting other than "unlimited". I have not had the screen issues others have had when switching between windowed and full screen. I have had a couple of occasions when the black square work appear but they would disappear in a matter of a second or two.So far, I am very pleased with this new limiter.

Danny

Hi AllWas keen to try the disablepreload=0 thingy but haven't got that line in my cfg file, should I add it?AlanPS First post!! Yayyy :(
B) :( :( Welcome!!!Yes - put in the [Main]DisablePreload=0spot - like that!Cheers!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Bill I don’t get this frames limiter. I copied the two files into the root directory of FSX. How do I access the limiter side when running FSX? Stewart
Once you have the 2 files in your FSX root directory it will enable itself when you start FSX.... if you hit Shift+Z a couple of times you will see your framerate in the upper left corner, make sure FSX frames are set to unlimited in the settings window.That's all you need to do. I am finding 30 frames and RenderAheadLimit=0 to work just beautifully, I tried 2 but I was experiencing stutters.

\Robert Hamlich/