Sign in to follow this  
damienw

My review of FS2Crew for the iFly 737 as real-world B737 Capt

Hi everyone,I just wanted to give my thoughts on the new FS2Crew for the iFly 737NG. In my honest and professional opinion as a current 737 Captain this version of FS2Crew is very good, you have many options to choose from, and many different scenarios are modeled. Flaps 15 landing (for abnormal situations), 3 variations for Bleeds off takeoffs, External Air/Power Starts, through flights, Even small details like the F/O Checking the center tank fuel quantity. (Both center tank fuel pump switches must be OFF for takeoff if center tank fuel is less than 2300 kilograms), but, he's not limited to that one scenario, there are many others regarding fuel system procedures. The only things missing from the iFly version are having the F/O doing failure flows, and being able to do "circuits and bumps". Being part of the Beta team I can say that alot of work has gone into the iFly version to make it as realistic as possible. There's really nothing else you can add it's a complete Flight Crew experience.RegardsDamien WeekesCaptain 737 BBJ

It is nice hear a real world 737 captain approve this simulation. I've bought quite a few Fs2crew products. This one is already my favorite.Brilliant work Bryan!

It is nice hear a real world 737 captain approve this simulation. I've bought quite a few Fs2crew products. This one is already my favorite.Brilliant work Bryan!
+1 fantastic .. saying that all your products are ,.. i also agree with the Real World pilot in that would love to be able to do circuits (think i asked that already ;) ) Rich

ugcx_banner.png

Bryan,I've been using FS2Crew/iFly for several days now, and I have to say THANK YOU for a wonderful product! It is simple to use, works really well, and completely changes the flying experience for me -- to the point where I would be really reluctant to fly without it.For those of you considering purchasing it, I think you'll like it. I had purchased an earlier version (much, much earlier) which didn't really "click" with me, so I spent days debating the purchase despite the rave reviews. I don't know if the product has just really evolved well, or if the plane is particularly easy to integrate with, or -- probably the most likely -- this pilot has evolved to the point where he can appreciate it. :) Whatever the reason, this version's a keeper!Michael

Hi Michael,FS2Crew has evolved a lot in the 6 years I've been making these things.The iFly SDK also helps "a lot"... it allows me to interface directly with the aircraft... so much smoother and easier that way.Cheers,
Bryan as a previous customer, your registration page refuses my details! I really do want to buy this product, can you advise please?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Bryan as a previous customer, your registration page refuses my details! I really do want to buy this product, can you advise please?
Hi Dave,Contact me via a PM or the Contact Page on the FS2Crew website.We'll get you sorted.Cheers,

Hi Everyone, As the person dealing with the support for the iFly product, I would just like to thank Bryan and Damien for really going that extra mile with the iFly 737. Once you have used FS2Crew with the aircraft it becomes second nature and reduces the workload while seriously enhancing the aircraft. I had a friend visting last night who had not seen FS2Crew in action until last night and he was blown away by how much it adds to the experience. as I am sure everyone is aware we are working hard to get the FSX version out, which means loads of test flights that now have FS2Crew running because without it my flights are not the same. I am now really looking forward to the voice edition.

I also have to say I'm very happy with FS2Crew for the Ifly 737.I am a new purchaser, and hesitated for weeks, as I have never used an FS2Crew product before, and I didn't want it to 'take away' any fun I was having flipping switches and moving levers. :)I have found that FS2Crew has very much enhanced my immersion factor with the Ifly 737, and has taught me loads about real-world procedures and flows. Something that I've never had access to before. It not only has increased my enjoyment tenfold, but has given me a whole different perspective on what real Captains and F/O's go through in their day-to-day routines.So, a big thank you to FS2Crew for their fantastic product, great integration and interface too!Chris Bremmer

Chris Bremmer

I also have to say I'm very happy with FS2Crew for the Ifly 737.I am a new purchaser, and hesitated for weeks, as I have never used an FS2Crew product before, and I didn't want it to 'take away' any fun I was having flipping switches and moving levers. :)I have found that FS2Crew has very much enhanced my immersion factor with the Ifly 737, and has taught me loads about real-world procedures and flows. Something that I've never had access to before. It not only has increased my enjoyment tenfold, but has given me a whole different perspective on what real Captains and F/O's go through in their day-to-day routines.So, a big thank you to FS2Crew for their fantastic product, great integration and interface too!Chris Bremmer
Chris,Glad you like it!Cheers,

Bryan, is there a button version for Level-D767 in the same manner like for iFly's 737? It's a very convenient interface. You can have it on and off the screen, you can assign joystick buttons for the flow etc. It was not that convenient in the older first release for PMDG737 that I have. The iFly version is really great now and despite a few quirks I like it more already, than the voice versions (for pmdg and maddog). Thanks,Dirk.

Bryan, is there a button version for Level-D767 in the same manner like for iFly's 737? It's a very convenient interface. You can have it on and off the screen, you can assign joystick buttons for the flow etc. It was not that convenient in the older first release for PMDG737 that I have. The iFly version is really great now and despite a few quirks I like it more already, than the voice versions (for pmdg and maddog). Thanks,Dirk.
Hi Dirk,There is a 'button control' version for the 767, but the interface system is totally different.Cheers,

I wish somebody posted a video on youtube to get an idea about fs2c/Level-d 767. For example I don't like the really old now interface in pmdg737's version and I won't fly it with fs2crew. On the other hand I liked what I saw in Wilco's A320, unfortunately airbus series are nogo for me on Win7/WXP 64-bit (as their gauge leaks memory wise under 64bit OS). So I'd appreciate a link to the screenshots of ui and menus for fs2crew's Level-d edition if you know any.Thanks,Dirk.

I wish somebody posted a video on youtube to get an idea about fs2c/Level-d 767. For example I don't like the really old now interface in pmdg737's version and I won't fly it with fs2crew. On the other hand I liked what I saw in Wilco's A320, unfortunately airbus series are nogo for me on Win7/WXP 64-bit (as their gauge leaks memory wise under 64bit OS). So I'd appreciate a link to the screenshots of ui and menus for fs2crew's Level-d edition if you know any.Thanks,Dirk.
Hi DirkAvsim has reviewed almost every FS2Crew.I believe there are screen shots in each review.I'd look in the Avsim review section.Cheers,