Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bills2004svt

Service pack is out

Just wanted to let you guys know
Had a good first flight and I sure like the re-worked altimeter! :(

Here is i link to it. You have to log in to get the patch.Robhttp://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/links.php3

I looked on the website and can't find it. Can you provide a link.Thanks

Here is i link to it. You have to log in to get the patch.Robhttp://www.carenado.com/ecommerce/links.php3
Got it. Thanks for your help

Wx radar still does not work on my system (but, it does not work for me in the Caravan either so I must have some other issue on my system -- I get transparent VC in the Caravan and the throttle does not work).Somehow, these issues are related. These are the only two aircraft I have problems with. PMDGs, LDS, etc several other complex aircraft work fine. The Carenado Piper Saratoga works fine too. I wouldn't know I had a problem with the C340 if it wasn't for the weather radar, but the Caravan is completely messed up for me.Trying to think of the common denominator.Jason

Does anyone else find it odd, that the release of an SP is announced by a member of the community and not by Carenado themselves? I don't know how you found out but thanks bills2004svt.(that rolls off the tongue) :( As for the patch itself, all seems well. A shame they've got rid of the spoiler, that came in VERY handy sometimes! :(

As for the patch itself, all seems well. A shame they've got rid of the spoiler, that came in VERY handy sometimes! :(
Don't tell anybody, but if you grab the spoiler settings from the Lear 45 you can patch them into the C340. Of course, I would never admit to doing such a thing.

Does anyone else find it odd, that the release of an SP is announced by a member of the community and not by Carenado themselves? I don't know how you found out but thanks bills2004svt.(that rolls off the tongue) :( As for the patch itself, all seems well. A shame they've got rid of the spoiler, that came in VERY handy sometimes! :(
No. We should just be thankful that they come here and listen to us whining at all! :(

Had a good first flight and I sure like the re-worked altimeter! :(
I do like the new altimeter much better - but for the next service pack,I would suggest Carenado also fix the 10,000 digit :( See attached screen shot of me flying at 10,000 feet..

Hi Bert,This is strange. I have checked it last night and it's working correctly on my side.Maybe you have to download the plane again and reinstall it without using the patch.

Wx radar still does not work on my system (but, it does not work for me in the Caravan either so I must have some other issue on my system -- I get transparent VC in the Caravan and the throttle does not work).
Got them working now, both the C340 and the 208 Caravan... It was a corrupted FSX SP2 install. Sometime in the last year of installing addons and tweeking settings some element of the SP2 service pack was messed up. It wouldn't even alow me to reinstall just the service pack. I had to reinstall FSX base, then SP1 then SP2. But all is better now and I am enjoying both the 340 and the 208 (I put the RXP FLT, FLN, and GNS gauges in the 208, including the S-Tec autopilot -- which satisfied my need for tweeking :)).Jason

I do like the new altimeter much better - but for the next service pack,I would suggest Carenado also fix the 10,000 digit :( See attached screen shot of me flying at 10,000 feet..
I noticed the same thing on a flight last night, Bert. It got an eye-roll from me.

Logging in, I see no updates?All that is displayed is the word 'Updates

Greetings fellow desktop aviator, now that you can clearly see how high you are , could we somehow persuade Carenado to increase the size of the HSI numbers , so we can plot our course, or do i need glasses

Greetings fellow desktop aviator, now that you can clearly see how high you are , could we somehow persuade Carenado to increase the size of the HSI numbers , so we can plot our course, or do i need glasses
I wear computer glasses - maybe time to try some :(

The picture you show i bet is 1.00 zoom or more , usually zoom is set to 50 or 70 making the HSI unreadable , why would you be so concerned about the Altimeter when i could read it clearly the way it was , and not care about one of the most important instruments in the plane?