Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

So with all the work that has been done to the plane, and all the work to be done on the plane, do you have some sort of estimated timeframe until completion? How long does pmdg take to text the plane for bugs etc? I suppose this is similar to asking how long a piece of string is. I would have thought hough tthat if bugs are found while testing, fixes would be quickly implemented in the design/code so other aspects of the plane can be tested/rectified.
Greetings,PMDG has stated many times that beta testing has no set time period nor do any of their development methods. When something is ready they will release it, not a second sooner and in the humble opinions of this flying brick that's the way it should be. There are bound to be bugs in any product and I can't imagine anything as complex as what is being simulated here to be devoid of anything less than a small ecosystem of them all clamoring to break everything in sight. Given however how thorough PMDG is about testing their products internally I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a few bugs on the windshield, the avionics tubes, engines and about everywhere else on the aircraft, in fact that might be a fun addition, no? A few broken flies on the windscreen etcetera that is. What might you guys think of having a little game when the NGX releases about counting the number of splattered bugs all over the external model? Where might these bugs be? Just some random thoughts here.-Matt Barton

I'm wanting the NGX as much as anyone, but frame rates are critical. If they need more time to manipulate options, code, whatever, to maximize the frame performance, so be it. I will wait. If they hurry the release with poor fps, then everybody loses.

So with all the work that has been done to the plane, and all the work to be done on the plane, do you have some sort of estimated timeframe until completion? How long does pmdg take to text the plane for bugs etc? I suppose this is similar to asking how long a piece of string is. I would have thought hough tthat if bugs are found while testing, fixes would be quickly implemented in the design/code so other aspects of the plane can be tested/rectified.
Of course we have an internal estimate. Are we going to share that? Absolutely not. Nothing we've ever said (ie the video from last year) was anything more than our internal estimate at the time. We're not going to make the same mistake of setting ourselves up like that again. No matter how many times we say things are estimates, people take it as "promises" etc and we end up taking flak for it. People can call us "arrogant" all they want for not broadcasting our internal release estimates to the world. Try getting Apple to tell you when their next iWhatever is coming out and see what they say... The better question is what would it do for you in the first place even if you knew? I could tell you the target date is X and that still doesn't mean a thing and likely won't be met.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Try getting Apple to tell you when their next iWhatever is coming out and see what they say...
And remember what happened when they rushed the iPhone 4 out? Now we don't want the NGX to be an iPhone 4 antenna do we? Sure there was a fix; put a case on the phone. But who wants to put a case on the NGX and cover that beautiful paint job?

Hey forum I have a problem and hopefully one of you guys can help me figure it out, I use Windows 7 Ultimate with FSX along with FSInn and FSCopilot on my computer and every time I close FSX a couple seconds later I get a messgae saying the Flight Simulator stopped working. I know it's from the FSInn program because eas soon as I install it this error message appears. Now it doesn't really affect anything but it just gets plain annoying and fills up my error report summary in Windows. I also know it has nothing to do with Windows 7 because the same thing happend to me with Windows Vista before I upgraded. Any suggestions please? Greg Selenski
I know this doesn't help, but I had/have that same problem. Using Vista 32.
Now, this really doesn't belong here, but try this advice from Vatsim forum:(Trouble Shooting FSInn):Error when Exiting Flight SimulatorTurn off Sky Blue Radio Tuner.(Addons -> FSCopilot -> Settings -> Tuner -> [click to toggle] Enabled/Disabled)Daniel

But PMDG is not Apple .... or does your sales of $ 26 billion Dollars in one year.Silly.gifStefan Z.

Of course we have an internal estimate. Are we going to share that? Absolutely not. Nothing we've ever said (ie the video from last year) was anything more than our internal estimate at the time. We're not going to make the same mistake of setting ourselves up like that again. No matter how many times we say things are estimates, people take it as "promises" etc and we end up taking flak for it. People can call us "arrogant" all they want for not broadcasting our internal release estimates to the world. Try getting Apple to tell you when their next iWhatever is coming out and see what they say... The better question is what would it do for you in the first place even if you knew? I could tell you the target date is X and that still doesn't mean a thing and likely won't be met.
No, Rayan, it's absolutely false, we, the customers are based solely on your quote. "Coming 2010" is an estimate? " night screen to come this weekend" is an estimate? Until today you have never given an estimate.You can very well say, "has probably come in the next 6 months is an estimate there may be unforeseen or bog in the project "And we will not take this as a promise, believe me ...Mathieu Laws, is sorry for his English !

"coming 2010" was replaced by "coming soon"!I don't know where the problem is?What do you want: that PMDG says "ah, ok, the people want our plane right now.... don't mind about all the bugs left, we will release it now"?Does anybody seriously think, that PMDG holds back the finished product over month?They are still developing and haven't started Beta right now... so consider Beta-Testers will encounter other serious problems, too... will take also month to solve them.Yes, PMDG has given some "estimated" release dates like "coming 2010", but obvisiously there are some problems.So what? Want to like a buggy addon and then complaining about that?All we have to do is wait...I don't think complaints will make things faster!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So hanging for a night time VC shot.Love to see how this X Mas tree lights up Cheers, Rick

I must admit, a night-shot would be awesome...but for some reason pmdg are not posting these even though SO many have asked for them. But i'm not complaining.....

"coming 2010" was replaced by "coming soon"!I don't know where the problem is?What do you want: that PMDG says "ah, ok, the people want our plane right now.... don't mind about all the bugs left, we will release it now"?Does anybody seriously think, that PMDG holds back the finished product over month?They are still developing and haven't started Beta right now... so consider Beta-Testers will encounter other serious problems, too... will take also month to solve them.Yes, PMDG has given some "estimated" release dates like "coming 2010", but obvisiously there are some problems.So what? Want to like a buggy addon and then complaining about that?All we have to do is wait...I don't think complaints will make things faster!
there is a way of doing things. we must not let "Coming 2010" until December. does not "promise" of the screen for the weekend, then say it was an estimate.Yes we must wait! but stop saying : soon soon soon, release date so close ... patience patience.It was written "Coming 2010" I waited patiently for the end of 2010.The product is not even ready to be launched in beta test.A little information will not hurt anybody, 8 months? 6 months? 1 month? and stop swinging for 2014 and 2017.Mathieu Laws, is sorry for his english

I think more and more people are getting frustrated over the wait. Because PMDG said it was going to be released in 2010 and its now 03/2011 and still not in beta(whatever that means) its probably justified. However, I don't think it allows for arrogance. Good things take time. Rome wasn't built in a day. Haha. I say if you are frustrated and cant be bothered checking the forum, don't check or post on this subject. It will just get you more upset not knowing when the AC will be released. I am not being arrogant. Please do not think that I am.

I love these questions, not knocking on anyone but, will my system run NGX?Core i7 920 overclocked to 3.81 liquid cooledtwo power supplies 1800w totalGigabyte X58-UD5 Mobo12 gb RamThree Gigabyte SOC GTX 470 Video cards liquid cooled5 Acer 20" monitiors running Nvidia 2d surroundA 4 drive 1.5gb Raid 0 array for system/boot1 80 Gb SSD for FSXThree WD 1 gb HHD for storage and junkN standard wireless internet and 10/100/1000 wired on 24 port switchThe answer? I can't even run FSX some days. If willing it runs great, but so buggy some days I just want to throw the whole thing out the window. I figure NGX should run on any machine that runs FSX desently now. I'm sure the team know how to use the latest optimization technics know to the programing folks. We will know soon enough.
You have a very similar set up of amachine as I have and yes you shouldn't have a problem at all but in so saying I do have similar problems with FSX. There are days, as you, I want to throw everything out of the window. FSX can become very unstable if too many add-ons have been integrated even if they are all OK for FSX. There are a few sites you can have a look at to tweak your FSX. One more advice is to check for uiautomationcore.dll For some reason, the core problem lies with the uiautomationcore.dll library in Windows 7.Hope this helps.

Ian C. McCulloch

'What would one do without Malt Whisky? Slainte Mhath'

It only can get better

I must admit, a night-shot would be awesome...but for some reason pmdg are not posting these even though SO many have asked for them. But i'm not complaining.....
face it, you've been complaining a lot!!
there is a way of doing things. we must not let "Coming 2010" until December. does not "promise" of the screen for the weekend, then say it was an estimate.Yes we must wait! but stop saying : soon soon soon, release date so close ... patience patience.It was written "Coming 2010" I waited patiently for the end of 2010.The product is not even ready to be launched in beta test.A little information will not hurt anybody, 8 months? 6 months? 1 month? and stop swinging for 2014 and 2017.Mathieu Laws, is sorry for his english
Please stop whining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

face it, you've been complaining a lot!!Please stop whining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1