Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

Yes, we know about the "mid 2010" release date. And your point is...??(and please don't mention things that have been repeated ad nauseum here)

Is this "realism" referring to the fact that all the systems work on the plane, not so much HOW the plane handles?
Also depends on how your joystick/controls are set up. Its easy to have sensitivity set to max so an aircraft barrel rolls when you fart which obviously isn't how it is in real life.I tend to look at the aircraft systems being realistically defined vs the aircraft dynamics though some of the real world pilots on here will state that the aircraft can handle very similarly to real world.

You should have let the video run for a couple of seconds, saved yourself the trouble:

Well to be honest I got both and I rarely fly with X-Plane, but as far as difference to the flight are concerned, it can be simplified to this as the core difference in the philosophy : very basically any aircraft in Flight Simulator is driven by a more or less complex mathematical simulation, so basically taking data from thrust and things like that and then process those data to give accurate flying representation, while on X-Plane size, it is based on the airflow, that means the 3D model has to be accurate as it is the model that will make the difference in the aircraft handling, and data processing. So basically in FSX you can make anything as crazy as you like and you'll get it working through the maths you could even give a box the ability to fly like an airplane for all that matters, while that Box would not be able to do anything as far as flying is concerned in Xplane.But so far I've not experienced it so much, well sure it is working, but maybe I set it up wrong but making a nice flight with the dafault cessna is really hard, and it tends to be a very bumpy ride, very difficult to maintain it level. But I really think what lacks the more at least for me in Xplane is aircraft to the level of complexity and realism of PMDG and other developers. And for public I really think they need to make a more user friendly interface as it boots right to your last location, and then you make all the selections and stuffs, you go through many menus and it really is not that easy to find everything while FS menus and interface are quite nice.
Ha wow I lost you quite quickly with this explanation. Thanks for this though. I just hear of quite a few people saying that x plane is more realistic when it comes to the handling of aircraft but everything else(graphics, terrain etc) is pretty slack. So i guess PMDG can onml work to the confines of fsx, so I wonder how "real" the NGX will be....Im not having a stab!

Talking%20Ear%20Off.gifTalking%20Ear%20Off.gifTalking%20Ear%20Off.gif
The disrespect shown by above example and many many others on this forum is nauseating.If RSR and PMDG decide to pull up stakes and depart the AO, I wouldn't blame them.

You should have let the video run for a couple of seconds, saved yourself the trouble:
ahahahahahah yes what he said!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Yes, I know "approximate" anyone can define how it wants: 1 year, 5 years, 20 years Big%20Grin.gif

Guys please, lets not start this again... Finally had some normal discussions going again, lets keep it that way.

Talking%20Ear%20Off.gifTalking%20Ear%20Off.gifTalking%20Ear%20Off.gif
OK, you are out for 30 days.You will have plenty of time to calm down.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Pretty much any new GPU can run on that computer. I had a GTX460 on my older (Core 2 duo E8500 3.06Ghz) computer. Sure a top of the line GPU wouldn't realise its full potential on your computer but a new 1GB + GPU never hurts the performance, you just don't get the full performance boost you would if you upgrade your whole computer. Whether your computer can handle a GPU upgrade depends on the power your power supply unit it has.Here is a calculator that can tell you if you need to upgrade your PSU. Keep in mind that brand and age of the PSU also matters. With that said, your motherboard should support any newer GPU, like a GTX 460 1GB, GTX 470, 480/570/580 etc. To reduce the bottleneck you might want to overclock your CPU though, if your cooling can handle it.
Thanks William that is extremely helpful. Having checked comparative performance with my present card on the Nvidia site, price on Amazon or play.com and PSU requirement I'm homing in on an Asus GTS450 with 1GB RAM as being a suitable replacement. Iain Smith

oh my days, there is a lot of resentment in the ranks!!!It's like a creeky old sailing ship,,

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Maybe shoulda put in there "*All dates are way off" LOL I'm so gonna get banned for this :(

Maybe shoulda put in there "*All dates are way off" LOL I'm so gonna get banned for this :(
No risk, we never ban for heavy jokes.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Why should you get banned? They know it much better than we do, that they are late. BUT if you keep blabering about it, they can just get pi**ed and cancel whole NGX, what's worse, PMDG project, say this stress about release date isn't worth those moneys and just say Sayonara. I want NGX just as much as everyone do, but i'm saying LET THEM DO THEIR WORK.But what caught my attention is that they still have time to visit forum smile.gif But hey, everybody needs to relax, even you, YOU and YOU biggrin.gif