Sign in to follow this  
CaptEm1

Real 747 Pilot uses PMDG

Quote from a comment he made on his youtube video: Try next time to raise the nose of the aircraft ONLY 2 degrees (you can see this on the PFD) and then retard the throttles, while keeping the attitude of the aircraft the same. You will see a smooth landing without stalling the aircraft. But you should use PMDG for this. FS is not good enough. If you haven't already you should check out his page on youtube. A lot of cool takeoff and landing clips with a KLM 747. http://www.youtube.com/user/SuredTPS: It's also a fun place to argue with the amateurish default fsx simmers who think they know everything. ;-)

I have been subbed to him for years. I watched a 747 dvd and he is right. They said in the dvd that when you land you flare 2 degrees at 30feet. I tried it and it works great.I wonder if he flys the PMDG 747. My guess he might actually use FS considering he knew what PMDG was.

Pretty likely that he does considering he recommended using PMDG.

Not for advertising, but a good numbers of flight simulator add-ons planes are used real-life for real training (at least in the first phases of training...) of real pilots...PMDG being one of the top around can, of course, be one of the sim-houses to provide as-real-as-it-gets planes for familiarization or real training (at least in systems management...)...BTW, i know for sure that some well-known addons (a Maddog, a TU154, an ATR) are used real life for initial training in some airlines (as in the previous order, Alitalia (and Meridiana), Tupolev Flight School, Air Dolomiti)Cheers,

Nice video landing LAX. Loved listening to ATC... she's a lot more busy than I am lol!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Nice video landing LAX. Loved listening to ATC... she's a lot more busy than I am lol!
That's what I thought too! Sounds very busy smile.gif

At Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Prescott Campus, we used the Level-D Sim bird for advanced navigation class which was installed on every computer.By now I'm sure they have the PMDG 747 installed too. :(

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

When I was in the QF 744 sim, the Systems Engineer controlling the sim informed me, he recommended all new FO's to grab a copy of PMDG. He reckons it's great for systems training.Buzz

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me

damn its hard to keep 2 degrees. I normally do 5-10 degrees at normal landing speed 140-150 knots. When I do 2 degrees I go like 180-190 knots. When I do 140 knots at 2 degrees I lose altitude and then crash. How should I do 2 degrees at the regular landing speed?

And what about the "USE FOR SIMULATION ONLY" in every manual page? It's kind of funny!

damn its hard to keep 2 degrees. I normally do 5-10 degrees at normal landing speed 140-150 knots. When I do 2 degrees I go like 180-190 knots. When I do 140 knots at 2 degrees I lose altitude and then crash. How should I do 2 degrees at the regular landing speed?
No he is talking about the flare right before landing. You want to raise the nose 2 more degrees more than you were already. If you are on VREF +5 and go idle before landing you should be fine.

No he is talking about the flare right before landing. You want to raise the nose 2 more degrees more than you were already. If you are on VREF +5 and go idle before landing you should be fine.
so how many degrees should I do on approach?

so how many degrees should I do on approach?
between 2 and 3