Sign in to follow this  
wedgantilles

New Screenshots at Facebook

No...I expect worked up would be me screaming in all capital letters and slinging profanity at every opportunity.

Its quite obvious that the holdup/delay for release is because the finished NGX is now in the hands of AOA who are developing the training material. This obviously is also not an overnight project. NGX is finished probably in beta testing whilst we wait for AOA to finish. Then all will need to be bundled adding at least 2-3 months from now.

What makes you think that AOA need to finish their training material prior to the NGX being released? It's not like it's being bundled with the NGX...Cheers,Nick Jones

What makes you think that AOA need to finish their training material prior to the NGX being released? It's not like it's being bundled with the NGX...Cheers,Nick Jones
From what ive read through the various topics posted that AOA for the NGX was/is going to be available from day 1 of the NGX release.Anyone correct me if im wrong.

- Specualtion. Whats the point?

Peter Osborn

Everything I've read indicates that AOA will have SOME training available on day 1. I don't think it was ever stated that all of their training would be complete on day 1.Who's to say that AOA are not beta testing the NGX also? This would allow them to have early access to start on the training materials.-Jason Fiset

I can only conclude that it must have something to do with the iFly release date... Seems like PMDG are now stalling until it releases first. First we weren't to go on short-term vacations, now we're expecting movies instead of the actual product release. Given my enthusiasm about the 737NGX, I've been exceptionally patient until now. This is despite thinking it was going to be out in November ("The manuals are being released; one of the last things we'll do before release"), then December ("We're really trying hard for a release this year"), then January (surely it'd be out after I got back from a 1 month trip), then April ("Beta was going to be Friday, now Monday, don't take any short term vacations"), but Ryan's post about movies was...disappointing. I'm not saying I don't want to see the movies, but, if the community reaction is anything to go by, it really seems that we have been fed one too many lines. Please do release it when it's ready. However, and I say this in the nicest way possible, I think everyone would appreciate a little openness/honesty.
The best post i have read in 4 months.

Hi Pete,+1 on that. Cannot wait to upgrade my PC here (anything will be better than my old Athlon 1.2Ghz with an old 8600GT video card. Just cant decide what card to get?Just wondering what you're upgrading from - to? .Mine will probably be a mix of orders depending upon price. I'm hoping I'll upgrade before the end of the financial yr - Just unsure what video card to get tho.Cheers,DavidPerth.
Hey mate. I built an i7 920 system with an ATI 4890 back in Feb 2010 before I knew about PMDG simulations. I mostly fly the PMDG j41 on VATSIM and it's pretty sluggish (max 20fps lol) at big airports with Orbx and Rex 2.0 installed. So I bought an Nvidia 580 and a Corsair H50 cooler with Corsair Vengence 1600mhz RAM. Will be overclocking to 4ghz and over, my aim would be 4.2! I also upgraded for Battlefield 3 when it's out this year :)I'm not really up with the latest and greatest tech knowledge but I've been googling abit and I've read threads in the MOBO, CPU and RAM part of the AVSIM forums and most people are recommending an i7 2600k system ocerclocked to 4ghz + with a 560ti card or higher seems to be a goer.It's an expensive hobby!Pete Walsh.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Why is no one from PMDG commenting?... Maybe RSR wasn't joking on his April fool post :( or was he... :( :(

Joe Park

Good to see I'm not the only one getting sick of these 'games' PMDG are playing with us.Say what you want, PMDG have hyped this up as THE fsx aircraft. Us users HAVE NOT created the hype, PMDG has done that themselves. It's evident in every post a PMDG NGX admin makes.So now, after not planning short term vacations, after waiting 4 months, patiently, we're told that we're going to have videos? That's just wrong on so many levels.I have no doubt that this is going to be a great addon, it is PMDG after all, but how they have handled the hype is almost borderline unethical. They're playing with us now. Just when interest is starting to dwindle, boom, we get a few screenshots. Now, they're wasting time and energy making us videos instead of spending all energy finishing the product?This was supposed to come out mid 2010. It didn't. November 2010, nope, December 2010, nope. January-Feb 2011, not much updates there. March 2011-Beta testing starting soon, don't plan any short term vacations. May 1,2011:We're making videos!Say what you want, I am EXTREMELY dissapointed with how PMDG are handling their customers. No doubt I will be getting scathing comments now, but I know I'm not the only one. I have almost come to the point that if the iFly 737 comes out first, I will buy that and not PMDG, because after seeing how they are handling their potential customers I am hesitant to wait, because the opportunity costs of waiting are getting higher and higher.Karan

I can see that this forum will soon be coming to an end! Get the hook Ryan!

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Good to see I'm not the only one getting sick of these 'games' PMDG are playing with us.Say what you want, PMDG have hyped this up as THE fsx aircraft. Us users HAVE NOT created the hype, PMDG has done that themselves. It's evident in every post a PMDG NGX admin makes.So now, after not planning short term vacations, after waiting 4 months, patiently, we're told that we're going to have videos? That's just wrong on so many levels.I have no doubt that this is going to be a great addon, it is PMDG after all, but how they have handled the hype is almost borderline unethical. They're playing with us now. Just when interest is starting to dwindle, boom, we get a few screenshots. Now, they're wasting time and energy making us videos instead of spending all energy finishing the product?This was supposed to come out mid 2010. It didn't. November 2010, nope, December 2010, nope. January-Feb 2011, not much updates there. March 2011-Beta testing starting soon, don't plan any short term vacations. May 1,2011:We're making videos!Say what you want, I am EXTREMELY dissapointed with how PMDG are handling their customers. No doubt I will be getting scathing comments now, but I know I'm not the only one. I have almost come to the point that if the iFly 737 comes out first, I will buy that and not PMDG, because after seeing how they are handling their potential customers I am hesitant to wait, because the opportunity costs of waiting are getting higher and higher.Karan
:( I believe in everyone's heart, there are two thoughts: 1) HEY, Can't wait anymore, release it now! 2) I should wait patiently, I have no right to criticize PMDG...Well, I remember someone said when the product came to its end, videos would be released. So... It's good thing!Actually, from what I heard, there are only a couple of people still working on 737 project now, so that can't be fast anyway. :( So, let's just wait! But yes, I do wish PMDG could do more. It has been 4 weeks without any announcement.

:( I believe in everyone's heart, there are two thoughts: 1) HEY, Can't wait anymore, release it now! 2) I should wait patiently, I have no right to criticize PMDG...Well, I remember someone said when the product came to its end, videos would be released. So... It's good thing!Actually, from what I heard, there are only a couple of people still working on 737 project now, so that can't be fast anyway. B) So, let's just wait! But yes, I do wish PMDG could do more. It has been 4 weeks without any announcement.
Actually, from what I heard, there are only a couple of people still working on 737 project now, so that can't be fast anyway.Have you got inside information... :( :( B)

Joe Park

Perhaps its got something to do with boeing wanting a public, less simulated version and their own fully simulated version. I mean, why would boeing give pmdg information for nothing.