Sign in to follow this  
KLMMD11

NLS A380

Its been a while since NLS released any updates or info regarding there A380 add-on. Does anyone know if the project is still on going, or if its dead.cheers

I believe it is still alive. (when last i checked), but still no further announcements.

At this rate FSX will be obsolete by the time the A380 is released. I had a look in their forums before they closed it and progress seems awfully slow.

I think they've just changed the forums for reporting about their progress (which isn't their main intention, so it happens very infrequently). Their old forums just collected the usual 'when will it be there' questions, in escalating tones from the customer side, so I can understand their decision to leave this path until something to report comes up.

At this rate FSX will be obsolete by the time the A380 is released.
When looking at the guys still using FS9 with pleasure (one of them is you), you seem to point to a time far, far in the future.

Given that MS Flight isn't out yet, and a decent complex airliner for it would probably take three years to do, by my reckoning they've still got until well after 2014 before they need to worry about FSX being considered obsolete, and frankly, I bet some people will still be flying FS9 at that time.Any software in the world (O/S system compatibility notwithstanding) only becomes obsolete the moment you stop enjoying using it. Just look at all the efforts to get things such as Fly! still usable. Yes people will buy MS Flight on the day it comes out, but on that day they will probably have a go, think 'mmm this has got potential' and then fire up FSX and fly their PMDG NG or whatever.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Don't forget about the portovers, Alan, they may arrive sooner. However, you are right of course, until the one sim goes completely out of interest, a new one (and there are Flight and XP10 coming up) has to be established first and also has to develop enough attraction to let the old product become "old" in the eyes of the user.We can only speculate though, about the portover path. Hopefully the devs know more about it so they can adjust their current FSX projects a bit to enable some nice transition with not too much downsides and waiting time.I think a current FSX thing will look good for some time to come and an in-depth A380 would be a nice thing in all current and upcoming sims.

It seems they listened to you, they put up a video and some screenshots just yesterday.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

When looking at the guys still using FS9 with pleasure (one of them is you), you seem to point to a time far, far in the future.
The only reason the vast majority of us is still playing FS9 is because FSX runs like a snail even with overclocked machines. If MS Flight turns out to be good then I can't see many people staying around with FSX. (Think of how many people stayed with FS2002 when FS9 was released. Not many, I must say.) Imagine flying the Captainsim 707 on approach to Orbx's Melbourne, with full sliders+ENB Light Bloom, full UT traffic and REX clouds. If you can run that with 30+FPS without Phase Change cooling I would be surprised. Remember FSX is almost 5 years old.

What was the topic again? Ah .. found the screenshots? I like them. :(

Imagine flying the Captainsim 707 on approach to Orbx's Melbourne, with full sliders+ENB Light Bloom, full UT traffic and REX clouds. If you can run that with 30+FPS without Phase Change cooling I would be surprised.
So, because FSX cannot handle all that, FS9 is the better option? Interesting argument ...

So, because FSX cannot handle all that, FS9 is the better option? Interesting argument ...
If by keeping the framerate acceptable means that FSX will look the same or worse than FS9, then FS9 has the advantage of having a wider variety of compatible aircraft and scenery to choose from, especially if you have invested a lot of money on FS9 payware addons.

Although this is **NOT** from FSXOli B says the project iv very much alive with this video posted yesterday

a side note I wish MS Flight's big city lighting would almost exact what shown in this great little video!!Josh

Cheers Josh Cliff

If by keeping the framerate acceptable means that FSX will look the same or worse than FS9, then FS9 has the advantage of having a wider variety of compatible aircraft and scenery to choose from, especially if you have invested a lot of money on FS9 payware addons.
HelloI am still flying FS9 but I also use FSX, It has been a long time since FSX ran like a snail.You have a better machine than mine and if you are not getting great FSX performance from that setup then something is wrong.Time for you to take another long look at FSX IMO

HelloI am still flying FS9 but I also use FSX, It has been a long time since FSX ran like a snail.You have a better machine than mine and if you are not getting great FSX performance from that setup then something is wrong.Time for you to take another long look at FSX IMO
IMO It's not my settings which are at fault, it's the payware aircraft/scenery being too hard on the frame rates. Match the two together and FSX grinds to a halt. Normally this shouldn't happen on a machine that is 4 years newer than the game but due to poor coding by ACES we have to overclock the CPU to extreme heights just to achieve better framerates. And this is why I believe that if MS flight is properly coded then most would make the switch very soon. You just can't squeeze more performance with newer hardware in FSX.