Sign in to follow this  
wisefox7524

We got a vid!

Amazing update, thanks all. My jaw was on the table during that take off.... Sounds are fantastic.It's been mentioned that some sounds are still to be added - spoiler lever, touchdown, groundroll etc. I couln't help but notice there was no sound for the MCDU button 'clicks'. Can you confirm this is in the works as well? Nit picky I know, but I loved the MD-11's sound for this...Adam Turley.
Adam,There is a very slight low frequency click sound there, but it's probably not audible in the video - the real thing basically makes no sound at all when you press the keys. I will ask about maybe making it an option to have louder clicks though, I can see how that might be useful because there's no tactile feedback like you get in real life with your finger.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Fantastic videos and a real treat to watch them. Everything else has been said.One minor complaint though, - the wife says the engines on the 7:1 surround sound are to loud as she can't hear the film in the room next door - perhaps you will fit a volume control in the FMC!!!Excellent stuff.Gary

Fantastic videos and a real treat to watch them. Everything else has been said.One minor complaint though, - the wife says the engines on the 7:1 surround sound are to loud as she can't hear the film in the room next door - perhaps you will fit a volume control in the FMC!!!Excellent stuff.Gary
Already done, Gary Big%20Grin.gif

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Already done, Gary Big%20Grin.gif
Does it go get you a coke on command?

Thank you Ryan,I have HIGHMEMFIX=1 in my FSX.ini.I flew the PMDG MD-11 2 weeks ago and ended up with blank/black texture boxes.After testing at 8000 Hz settings and moving away from McPhats HD texture sets I resolved the issue.Need to test it once more at 16 bit 44100 Hz and standard textures with the MD-11Very glad to hear there are no reports of texture issues with your NGX.Very much looking forward to buying her.Thanks for the adviseCheers, Rick
Rick,If you want to go ahead and submit a support ticket I'll try to help you troubleshoot this, there's a bunch of stuff we can try. Make sure you tell me your hardware specs.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

What about the click spots? I've been looking at the 2D cockpit picture and wondering where would they be. Are they set yet? Will they be like in the MD-11 or did you change that interface?

Matheus Mafra

What about the click spots? I've been looking at the 2D cockpit picture and wondering where would they be. Are they set yet? Will they be like in the MD-11 or did you change that interface?
Will be similar to the MD-11, yes. Stuff still being added, don't worry.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Adam,There is a very slight low frequency click sound there, but it's probably not audible in the video - the real thing basically makes no sound at all when you press the keys. I will ask about maybe making it an option to have louder clicks though, I can see how that might be useful because there's no tactile feedback like you get in real life with your finger.
Thanks Ryan. The louder click sound would be great. As long as it doesn't delay the release too much.... The sounds of course provide a vast amount of feedback to the user as you say. The lack of tactile feeback can be made up for by good use of quality and interesting sound effects. . The MD-11 and JS41 were especially good in this regard. A2A Simulation products with 'accusim' are in a similar league.Good sounds add immersion to the whole experience. It's interesting, when I'm flying for real I never really notice or hear the sound buttons and switches make - it's the last thing on your mind. Sitting in front of the PC is completely different though and I feel the little sounds are just as important as good systems modelling. Adam.

Thanks Ryan. The louder click sound would be great. As long as it doesn't delay the release too much.... The sounds of course provide a vast amount of feedback to the user as you say. The lack of tactile feeback can be made up for by good use of quality and interesting sound effects. . The MD-11 and JS41 were especially good in this regard. A2A Simulation products with 'accusim' are in a similar league.Good sounds add immersion to the whole experience. It's interesting, when I'm flying for real I never really notice or hear the sound buttons and switches make - it's the last thing on your mind. Sitting in front of the PC is completely different though and I feel the little sounds are just as important as good systems modelling. Adam.
Yeah I mean if we wanted to be 100% realistic, you wouldn't even hear most switch/knob sounds in the air once the wind and engine noise gets going. We're making a concession to the simming environment on that though, we'd probably get a dozen bug reports right away from people saying their sounds disappeared if we did it realistically lol...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Does it go get you a coke on command?
your wife possibly yes :(

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Stunning work guys, did you notice how fast the heading switching was wow, nice touch. :( Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

your wife possibly yes :(
I think she'd throw it at you since all that you do is fly it!

I decided to hit the sack early last night and made an effort not to check these boards at all today and look what I'm rewarded with. Great surprise!

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Don't get me wrong, Tabs, but i think this is not so correct.When i was sitting on the captain seat last week and the F/O was preparing the flight back, i could clearly hear the buttons clicking while the cockpit door was opened and the ground service etc was talking with the steward. It's not loud, but loud enough to hear when you are sitting or standing in the cockpit :)That's just MY experience, might vary from aircraft to aircraft, since they are all some kind of unique.

Woooow very nice detailed screenshot. I really want to thank you for sharing this one with us, thank you Vin. For now I got a new wallpaper. Can't wait to see the nice analogue Standy Instruments/Panel.