Sign in to follow this  
wisefox7524

We got a vid!

Thanks for the quick answer!I just love the flap sounds in the 737 when you sit at the wing area, i guess you guys are not going to provide us with such a nice sound for the passenger view.. :D
I tried to do this last week but due to a limitation of FSX if you add a flap sound to the wingview this sound will also play in the cockpit - so I had to drop it unfortunately.But other things like inflight wind and engine performance have made it to the wing views - so if you like the cockpit sounds then you'll probably like the wingviews too. :( Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Just a comment/question about the "ground" sound when taking-off and landing (rollout): I'm missing some rattle in the cockpit and some pounding sounds.
Steven,Indeed - ground roll and impact sounds are in progress. I expect that it will be similar to previous releases where we have sounds associated with both nose and main gears during ground roll and touchdown.Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

It really look gorgeous in all ways, I really can't wait for after I went through the Chief Pilot Manual Set I just can't wait to put my hands on it. I hope a bit more precisions will be given on the future shortly available information post :) Keep the great work :D

I was stunned when I noticed the landing lights, normal landing lights in FSX make the runway look washed out but you guys have done a fantastic job, they look wonderfull and sharp and there is no washing out of the runway at all. I love noticing the little things that normaly are missed by developers but you include. I firmly believe this is going to be the benchmark addon for others to follow for many years to come.The sounds are first rate and its a pleasure to just listen to your video over and over. Its like a living breathing machine which is more than the sum of its parts.My credit card is standing by hehe.Andrew Simmons

The 2D is awesome, I hope the HUD works on 2D as well.
Let not your heart be troubled... the Head up Guidance System (HGS) is fully functional in 2D as well....

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Let not your heart be troubled... the Head up Guidance System (HGS) is fully functional in 2D as well....
I guess after all the troubles it must have been doing the 3D one doing the 2D must have been quite simple respectively to the 3D one :)

Thank you Ryan,I have HIGHMEMFIX=1 in my FSX.ini.I flew the PMDG MD-11 2 weeks ago and ended up with blank/black texture boxes.After testing at 8000 Hz settings and moving away from McPhats HD texture sets I resolved the issue.Need to test it once more at 16 bit 44100 Hz and standard textures with the MD-11Very glad to hear there are no reports of texture issues with your NGX.Very much looking forward to buying her.Thanks for the adviseCheers, Rick
The highmemfix line should be added to your FSX.cfg if I'm not mistaken. Maybe that's your problem. I could be wrong tho, but I pretty sure that it should go in the cfg not the ini.

The highmemfix line should be added to your FSX.cfg if I'm not mistaken.
you are right.phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

As far as notation goes I use Sibelius 6 - it's a professional notation suite that I've been involved with for over 10 years now as a tester and stuff. http://www.sibelius.com Expensive but it's by far the best. Guitar Pro is decent, but it's not up to professional publishing level standards as far as its options and customization abilities. The application I was referring to for isolating and slowing down audio is Amazing Slow Downer - http://www.ronimusic.com - absolutely could not live without it. For recording I'm a Pro Tools 9 user.
Yup, I use Sibelius 6 too. Love that program. I'm lucky that I could get it with an educational discount... I'm no professional, but I love composing music when time permits.As for the 737NGX: wow. Perfect start of a new day! It's really amazing, how we are suddenly swamped with 737 aircraft. I'm gonna buy all of them biggrin.gifBy the way, I have only now realised how completely awesome that HUD is. I nevr paid any real attention to it, but seeing it in action, seeing how it performs and really being a robust "summary" of the cockpit instruments, I gotta say that I'm really, truly impressed. Wow, PMDG. Just wow...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Yup, I use Sibelius 6 too. Love that program. I'm lucky that I could get it with an educational discount... I'm no professional, but I love composing music when time permits.As for the 737NGX: wow. Perfect start of a new day! It's really amazing, how we are suddenly swamped with 737 aircraft. I'm gonna buy all of them biggrin.gifBy the way, I have only now realised how completely awesome that HUD is. I nevr paid any real attention to it, but seeing it in action, seeing how it performs and really being a robust "summary" of the cockpit instruments, I gotta say that I'm really, truly impressed. Wow, PMDG. Just wow...
One more fan of Sibelius 6 here. Great tool to make arrangements for my brass group. On the NGX now...I guess, not surprisingly, that it will be worth the wait. It's going to be a nice summer of flying.

Amazing update, thanks all. My jaw was on the table during that take off.... Sounds are fantastic.It's been mentioned that some sounds are still to be added - spoiler lever, touchdown, groundroll etc. I couln't help but notice there was no sound for the MCDU button 'clicks'. Can you confirm this is in the works as well? Nit picky I know, but I loved the MD-11's sound for this...Adam Turley.

Wow looks great! love the 2D and VC :)) Finlay a 737NG worth it's name for FSX::biggrin:Anybody knows if there are going to bee pop-up displays in VC & 2D?

Please watch this video below, go to 3:50 and hear the roll-out sound. At 3:59 you hear the first one, at 4:03 the second. I really hope you understand what I exactly mean because I don't know if the words "rattle and pounding" were the right one ... :(
Hey man,I am pretty sure the first thump you're referring to is the NLG touch down, while the second one is actually the sound of hitting a CL light. Sometimes you will hear that distinctive and continuous rattle when the NLG is rushing along exactly on CL. Totally great. AFAIK not very recommended to do this in smaller GA planes, but should not do much harm to the heavy iron. But you're right, these sounds would be awesome to have, but heavily depend on e. g. the factor of the NLG hitting lights, and I'm unsure on how hard this is to find out in the sim. Might be quite hard in fact. :(sig.gif