Sign in to follow this  
wisefox7524

We got a vid!

Btw, actually go to Youtube and you can watch it in 720p HD. (we tried to do 1080p but FRAPS was causing these annoying microstutters that weren't there in the sim but showed up on the videos)
Looks great!How are the FPS though, I still noticed some 'stutters' in the 720p video? Is it possible to disable the "HUD" and the FO displays and tune the refresh rate for they 3d/2d panel gauges like with the 747/MD11?

Matthew S

Beautiful! there's that classic 737 engine whining that has been missing for so long !

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Both videos are fantastic! Thank you so much for taking the time. I like what you did with the lighting on the textures (daytime video). The cockpit looks so three-dimensional, like you could almost reach out and touch it.How do you go about finding the average pitch during engine run up? Do you rely on your own hearing much or did you use an EQ or a program like Melodyne? Either way the result is awesome. I am just asking, because I'd like to know how professionals would approach this kind of task.

Looks great!How are the FPS though, I still noticed some 'stutters' in the 720p video? Is it possible to disable the "HUD" and the FO displays and tune the refresh rate for they 3d/2d panel gauges like with the 747/MD11?
Those aren't there in FSX - it's because the computer is processing both the sim itself and FRAPS at the same time. And yes there's all kinds of options for disabling things, refresh rate tuning etc.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

nice vids looking forward to more! This is a good time to be a 737 NG fan! :(

How do you go about finding the average pitch during engine run up? Do you rely on your own hearing much or did you use an EQ or a program like Melodyne? Either way the result is awesome.
As some here might know, I'm a professional guitar sheet music transcriber in my day job. (that's where my handle "Tabs" comes from, it's the common name among guitarists for the type of books I make) I essentially have perfect pitch, which is the ability to recognize notes by ear alone, so what I did was use the application I use for transcribing music to isolate and slow down the audio from a bunch of real takeoffs we have recorded. I figured out where the starting and ending "notes" of all the relevant parts of the engine's pitch curves are from that method. I averaged it out because every takeoff sounds slightly different due to variations in the thrust setting, air density etc, which affects the pitch of the fan buzz and then sent all that information to Armen, who did an incredible job implementing it into the FS sound engine - it's got a bit of tweaking to go still, we have a map from one of our tech team members of exactly when certain sounds should appear in the N1 rise, so once that's done the engine sounds are basically finished.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

All sound sliders in fsx must be at 50% for optimum quality?
Eric,Indeed, all FSX sound sliders except ATC should be set to 50 for optimum sound realism. My personal settings are 80 for the FSX ATC slider, 50 on all other FSX sliders, and also all default settings in the PMDG FMC Sound Options pages.Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

As some here might know, I'm a professional guitar sheet music transcriber in my day job. (that's where my handle "Tabs" comes from, it's the common name among guitarists for the type of books I make) I essentially have perfect pitch, which is the ability to recognize notes by ear alone, so what I did was use the application I use for transcribing music to isolate and slow down the audio from a bunch of real takeoffs we have recorded. I figured out where the starting and ending "notes" of all the relevant parts of the engine's pitch curves are from that method. I averaged it out because every takeoff sounds slightly different due to variations in the thrust setting, air density etc, which affects the pitch of the fan buzz and then sent all that information to Armen, who did an incredible job implementing it into the FS sound engine - it's got a bit of tweaking to go still, we have a map from one of our tech team members of exactly when certain sounds should appear in the N1 rise, so once that's done the engine sounds are basically finished.
Thank you for responding to my question, Ryan. A perfect pitch is truly a gift for a musician. What software are you using? Guitar Pro? Sorry if it's getting off topic, I am just curious.

HI,thank you for the great videos. Just one small question.When you posted screenshots of the HUD at a landing at KRNO back in the old "A little Heads-Up on the NGX"-thread one could see in the 1/2-mile visibility approach the outlines of the runway on the HUD. Is this feature still up to date, maybe optional, or was it dropped because of FSX limitations etc (I couldn't see it in the recent videos or did i miss it?)...? i think this would be really handy in a CatII-CatIII environment.Regards,christopher Volle

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

looks and sounds incredible!! waiting is torture from now :D can't wait..

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Thank you for responding to my question, Ryan. A perfect pitch is truly a gift for a musician. What software are you using? Guitar Pro? Sorry if it's getting off topic, I am just curious.
As far as notation goes I use Sibelius 6 - it's a professional notation suite that I've been involved with for over 10 years now as a tester and stuff. http://www.sibelius.com Expensive but it's by far the best. Guitar Pro is decent, but it's not up to professional publishing level standards as far as its options and customization abilities. The application I was referring to for isolating and slowing down audio is Amazing Slow Downer - http://www.ronimusic.com - absolutely could not live without it. For recording I'm a Pro Tools 9 user.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

wow mate, Im not kidding I could have a ***shot just by watching this. Maybe even puke for joy. The sound is really really awesome!

HI,thank you for the great videos. Just one small question.When you posted screenshots of the HUD at a landing at KRNO back in the old "A little Heads-Up on the NGX"-thread one could see in the 1/2-mile visibility approach the outlines of the runway on the HUD. Is this feature still up to date, maybe optional, or was it dropped because of FSX limitations etc (I couldn't see it in the recent videos or did i miss it?)...? i think this would be really handy in a CatII-CatIII environment.Regards,christopher Volle
Good eye... that's the HGS's "AIII" mode, which is the low visibility Cat II/III approach mode. RSR wasn't using it in these vids because of the VFR conditions is all - it's still there!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Good eye... that's the HGS's "AIII" mode, which is the low visibility Cat II/III approach mode. RSR wasn't using it in these vids because of the VFR conditions is all - it's still there!
Perfect!Christopher Volle

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.