Sign in to follow this  
wisefox7524

We got a vid!

I actually have a question: Since we are going to fly this bird in the cockpit, i suppose the only sounds related to FLAPS, are for the Flap levers, right? We are not going to hear the actual flaps moving into position?
There is a very slight and very distant slipstream turbulence rumble that is audible at flaps 5 and further - we specifically had one of our tech team pilots check for this in the real thing. But as far as the whine of the hydraulic demand pumps and stuff, no, that is not audible from the cockpit at all in the real thing. Engines, that slight flap slipstream rumble, the rumble from the spoiler extension, and the nosegear stuff are the only things you can really hear from the cockpit. It's all recirc fans otherwise haha.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Wow! The videos and screenshots are just amazing! The sounds blew me away and the lighting effects look so real!Hats off to you guys - it's superb!Regards,Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

There is a very slight and very distant slipstream turbulence rumble that is audible at flaps 5 and further - we specifically had one of our tech team pilots check for this in the real thing. But as far as the whine of the hydraulic demand pumps and stuff, no, that is not audible from the cockpit at all in the real thing. Engines, that slight flap slipstream rumble, the rumble from the spoiler extension, and the nosegear stuff are the only things you can really hear from the cockpit. It's all recirc fans otherwise haha.
Thanks for the quick answer!I just love the flap sounds in the 737 when you sit at the wing area, i guess you guys are not going to provide us with such a nice sound for the passenger view.. :DI am really curios about the armed speedbrakes, when you touch down and it automatically extends there is the sound, probably the motor sound that moves the lever if i guess right, will we be able to hear that as well?Anyways, outstanding work from what i can see in the screens videos! Keep it up!

Thanks for the quick answer!I just love the flap sounds in the 737 when you sit at the wing area, i guess you guys are not going to provide us with such a nice sound for the passenger view.. :DI am really curios about the armed speedbrakes, when you touch down and it automatically extends there is the sound, probably the motor sound that moves the lever if i guess right, will we be able to hear that as well?Anyways, outstanding work from what i can see in the screens videos! Keep it up!
We'd do the passenger sounds if we could, but it's just not possible - FSX allows for two soundsets basically - external and internal-VC. If they had a third or more options for cabin we could do it... I hope they add this in Flight.The speedbrake sound is indeed the actuator for the lever, and yes the sound will be there, we have good recordings of it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

It appears the carbon brakes are very effective, just look at how close the HUD pulls up to the captain's head at the end of the crosswind landing, how's that for momentum effect with EZDOK!Now that is what I call a high deceleration rate, that HUD may need an airbag attachment :(

Is it just me? I hardly noticed the reverse sound.
Steven,We're still working on it ..... but don't worry ... I think even your neighbours will know when this baby goes into reverse! :( Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Fantastic! Beyond words! And I'm so glad to finally see the 2D cockpit, was afraid it got left out or something! :)Was wondering though, if you change the options in FS actions menu, will it be changed in the 2D cockpit as well?

Thanks a lot. Amazing Slow Downer looks interesting. I'd love to know if PMDG has a seperate studio or if you and Armen are working from "home", but that's pretty much irrelevant for this thread so I'll just stop asking and rewatch the new vids :-). How about PMDG giving us a video tour through the office some day, though? A lot of of gaming companies do that nowadays and it's a great way to appease your customers.
Hi Alexander,I used to have a dedicated studio but nowadays a semi pro setup on a PC is the way to go for me, so it is "home" thing now! The main tools used for this project are pro audio editing software and plugins, mainly to manipulate sound files using various techniques, like EQing and ambience processing to convert mono files into stereo, for example. Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

The 2D is awesome, I hope the HUD works on 2D as well.

Paul Gugliotta

Was wondering though, if you change the options in FS actions menu, will it be changed in the 2D cockpit as well?
Absolutely - all in real time instantly.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Steven-For certification purposes, aircraft braking demonstrations are generally conducted without the benefit of reverse.I was comparing data on the rollout distance for the carbon brakes/short field package against the predicted book values... So- no reverse. :( )Armen is still tweaking that aspect and once he gives me the all clear we'll give you one with a full shot of reverse thrust in it.
Aah my apologize, I watched the video at the forum itself instead of the youtube page so I missed the usuful decription, that indeed explains that the landing was a brake-test. No wonder I didn't hear the reverse then haha.
Steven,We're still working on it ..... but don't worry ... I think even your neighbours will know when this baby goes into reverse! :( Cheers,
Great to hear that, sounds promising! "I think even your neighbours will know when this baby goes into reverse!" AAahahahah I'm in stitches haha :( Now it realy sounds promising ,,,, B)

Hi Alexander,I used to have a dedicated studio but nowadays a semi pro setup on a PC is the way to go for me, so it is "home" thing now! The main tools used for this project are pro audio editing software and plugins, mainly to manipulate sound files using various techniques, like EQing and ambience processing to convert mono files into stereo, for example. Cheers,
I dabble in music and sound production as a hobby from time to time myself, that's why I am so interested in what products you are using. For example, are you using Wavelab, Audition or something different? What kind of plug-ins, etc..Thanks for the insight, I really appreciate it!

Have you tried the fsx.cfg HIGHMEMFIX=1 stuff - I thought that cured basically everyone? For what it's worth we've had ZERO reports of any skeleton aircraft issues or missing textures with the NGX - it's designed different from our older products and we think that's helping a lot.
Thank you Ryan,I have HIGHMEMFIX=1 in my FSX.ini.I flew the PMDG MD-11 2 weeks ago and ended up with blank/black texture boxes.After testing at 8000 Hz settings and moving away from McPhats HD texture sets I resolved the issue.Need to test it once more at 16 bit 44100 Hz and standard textures with the MD-11Very glad to hear there are no reports of texture issues with your NGX.Very much looking forward to buying her.Thanks for the adviseCheers, Rick

Ryan, O my God... I detected something really awesome while watching the second video. Go to 2:30 and keep an eye at the flap indicator. You even see the reflection of it, how real! Amazing work.Just a comment/question about the "ground" sound when taking-off and landing (rollout): I'm missing some rattle in the cockpit and some pounding sounds. Please watch this video below, go to 3:50 and hear the roll-out sound. At 3:59 you hear the first one, at 4:03 the second. I really hope you understand what I exactly mean because I don't know if the words "rattle and pounding" were the right one ... :(