Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

This is what an NG REALLY looks like

For those expecting the release of the Angle of Attack Training Material for the PMDG 737NGX, like me, we have news. In AoA's Facebook page, a message was posted saying that the AoA Team is [apparently] about to get the NGX to make the videos for the training.Just to let everyone know. Guess what:Chris Palmer, who we could call of the Mr. Robert S. Randazzo of AoA, just confirmed that information via email those who signed up to the NGX Training newsletter. Basically, he said that he had a talk with PMDG today and they are going to allow AoA to get their hands on the NGX. Chris said he'll be providing us with his thoughts and impressions on the NGX over the next days and weeks. The same way the NGX will bring many new stuff to the flight simming world, AoA announced via newsletter that they will bring lots of new stuff to their training material as well. I recommend signing up to AoA's NGX training newsletter at the bottom of this page.
All signed up. Thanks for the heads up!

I've put another video up of a (real) -800 in the cruise. Again not very exciting but it does show a non-conformal view through the HUD - the boresight is dotted indicating that the path indicated on the HUDis not actually showing the true path of the plane in the outside world. This is due to the strong xwind from the left. The true path would be somewhere further out to the right beyond the limit of the HUD screen.And yes the TCAS isnt working on this A/C.
TB
Did I see the flight number starting with QFA in the FMC?

I know that you guys are going to make it so amazing, that we won't even need to buy plane tickets to fly on a 737 NG. Big%20Grin.gif

For those expecting the release of the Angle of Attack Training Material for the PMDG 737NGX, like me, we have news. In AoA's Facebook page, a message was posted saying that the AoA Team is [apparently] about to get the NGX to make the videos for the training.Just to let everyone know. Guess what:Chris Palmer, who we could call of the Mr. Robert S. Randazzo of AoA, just confirmed that information via email those who signed up to the NGX Training newsletter. Basically, he said that he had a talk with PMDG today and they are going to allow AoA to get their hands on the NGX. Chris said he'll be providing us with his thoughts and impressions on the NGX over the next days and weeks. The same way the NGX will bring many new stuff to the flight simming world, AoA announced via newsletter that they will bring lots of new stuff to their training material as well. I recommend signing up to AoA's NGX training newsletter at the bottom of this page.
I got that as well. I'd been wondering for a while if Chris would be able to have access to the NGX before release to help speed along the first few training videos.

I wonder if Bryan York from FS2crew will be getting the prerelease NGX to speed up his development of FS2crew.

I wonder if Bryan York from FS2crew will be getting the prerelease NGX to speed up his development of FS2crew.
Actualy what he needs is an SDK. Without the SDK FS2Crew wont be as seemless as the J41/MaddogPro etc.Theres no telling if there will even be an SDK but I would hope so.

I wondered the same thing :) This was Bryan's response:

Hi Geoff,Yes, FS2Crew is in the same boat as AOA.Cheers,Bryan

Nice find. Thanks for posting:)

Simon

you know that ground equipment and covers of pitot tubes, will leaving the pitot tube on inflight on the NGX be modeled like what would happen in real life?

Actualy what he needs is an SDK. Without the SDK FS2Crew wont be as seemless as the J41/MaddogPro etc.Theres no telling if there will even be an SDK but I would hope so.
There's supposed to be an SDK, but I haven't seen it yet.With an SDK/API, the integration with FS2Crew will be totally direct and "clean", as if PMDG programmed it themselves directly into the aircraft.Cheers,

I've put up a video of the HUD Modes in cruise: PRI, IMC and VMC for anyone interested.

and one of a visual app with the HUD in AIII mode
As always I apologise for the qualityTB

I've put up a video of the HUD Modes in cruise: PRI, IMC and VMC for anyone interested.
and one of a visual app with the HUD in AIII mode
As always I apologise for the qualityTB
We greatly appreciate those videos. Thanks TB.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

you know that ground equipment and covers of pitot tubes, will leaving the pitot tube on inflight on the NGX be modeled like what would happen in real life?
+1

Hey Bryan, here' s hoping for an SDK getting to you soon.Once you get used to flying with FS2Crew - and it did take me a while - it's hard to go without it. I use it for literally 100% of my jet flights now. ++ immersion factor. I must say that while I'd use any of the Fs2Crew stuff, the Maddog stands out to me as the best - lots of voice options, the female French F.O. is kind of cool. I would love to see a PMDG 737 NGX version with that degree of attention to detail and SDK integration.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."