Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS Hub

Battlefield 3 1080p uber-real tank desert gameplay

This is aviation related because....?But it looks like something from a movie. I guess that's a good thing?

This is aviation related because....?
You see heli's in the movie -.-Special for you: as I said, 100% off-topic but I just wanted to share this. :(

I wouldn't exactly call it uber-real. Just visually pretty.

I wouldn't exactly call it uber-real. Just visually pretty.
Hm true, well I had a talk with a friend of me couple minutes ago and I said: I think, in the distance it looks very very real and "3D" but if you are 1 meter next of it, you just see a 2d photo-real texture.

Not exactly ultrarealism, but it was more realistic than what I expected. -former gunner Leopard battletank

Not exactly ultrarealism, but it was more realistic than what I expected. -former gunner Leopard battletank
No unfortunately games are seldom very realistic anymore. If that's what you're going for today, you'll get disappointed in most of the cases. So many new games are full of "small action movies" to add to the story instead of letting the player play the game. I want the old games back, but with todays graphics!Just%20Kidding.gif However, BF3 does look nice! Big%20Grin.gif

Looks great, visually very impressive indeed, but from a tactical standpoint I'd hardly call it uber real, although I daresay it is uber fun.Charging an entire unit across open ground in an evenly-spaced straight line with no attempt by tanks to go hull down or outflank is the sort of 'tactic' that went out with 'going over the top' on the Somme, and especially when air support is available!Al

I was a huge BF2 fan - eagerly awaiting BF3!!But now off to finish Half Life 2 Ep 2 :)

I was a huge BF2 fan - eagerly awaiting BF3!!But now off to finish Half Life 2 Ep 2 :)

I saw this movie and it's wauw! I know, it's 100% off-topic but I really wanted to share this movie with you!
AWESOME! I'm still playing Bad Company 2 on xbox live a whole lot, but this video's quite nicely shows the gameplay (communications) and visual progress that they've made with BF3.Thanks for sharing

Looks amazing. I'm so glad they finally started to give PC a little bit more attention instead of just porting it over from Xbox360.

Yeah! Seen this vid before and it is awesome. Can't wait for 25th October 2011! Got a widget on my phone counting down already! :(

Guest acezboy561

Looks fun ;D Speaking of war games, has anybody tried Apache Air Assult? Its available from JustFlight - I have a review copy of it. Its a fun game - tricky at times aswell.

Awesome looking game. I sure hope I'll be able to put the NGX down to play it when it comes out.

A good friend of mine is one of the map designers on this game (worked on BC 1 & 2 too) - been hearing about it from him forever. Really looks like it's going to revolutionize the FPS genre, can't wait.Btw, this does involve aviation - BF3 has flyable aircraft and helicopters, though it's probably not a "sim" in the way DCS A-10 is or anything like that.

Impressive graphics... WOW.

You should get your map designing buddy to invite me to the alpha when they send invites out :(

This game is exactly the reason I don't have a console like xbox or ps3. If I did, I would never get off. FS would die and then so would I when my spouse kills me.

Looking at this makes me feel like jumping back to the DCS A-10 cockpit... Just waiting for the 1.09 patch release soon...

Speaking of war games, has anybody tried Apache Air Assult?
Yup, I've got that, it's pretty good fun, has decent multiplayer, and according to some BAe test pilot who flew the Apache, it models the way an AH-64 handles pretty well in spite of being a fairly light sim. Dunno if that is true of course, but it certainly does fly very well and is a lot better than I thought it would be for 25 quid. The preceding game by the same company which has the UH-1C in it, Whirlwind of Vietnam, is pretty good as well too, but a bit short on missions.Al

Yeah can't wait, prolly come out before something else... ;)Pete Walsh.