Sign in to follow this  
Varmint007

Steve Lacey, RIP

A friend of mine working at MS Game Studios has passed along this horrible piece of news, which I have not seen posted yet, so unfortunately I will pass it along.Steve Lacey has died this afternoon in Kirkland from what appears to be a road-rage incident. RIP Steve and thank you for being an incredibly influential and important figure in our hobby.http://www.king5.com/news/Road-rage-suspected-in-fatal-Kirkland-crash-126093229.html

Oh my Jon, this is horrible news... I am sorry to hear this. So sad for his family. I really hope they throw the book at this guy, and hard.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Wow, that's unbelievably horrible news it hard to know what to say. So sad for his childern, spouse, family and friends left behined all because of the idiotic actions of one.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I am so very, very sorry to hear this tragic and sad news. I may not spend as much time on this forum as some and did not know Steve virtually, or otherwise, I am nevertheless in shock at this tragic loss. My thoughts go out to his family and in particular his children who have now been deprived the love of a father for the rest of their lives. Steve has sadly been taken from us all, but it is his family who now have to bear the real pain of living without him; God bless to them.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Sorry to hear about your loss Varmint007 .

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

what a tragedy, my sincere condolences to Steve's family

A true shock and a horrible thing for him and anyone that knew him.I'll keep the family in my prayers and extend my condolences to them.JP.

That's really terrible to hear. Life is precious, and way too short, and some people truly underestimate the value of it. My heartfelt condolences to his family as I know how hard things are going to be.

- Aaron

My very deepest heartfelt condolences to his family - this is just awful :(

Regards,

Mark

Wow. Sad indeed.Payers to his family and friends.

What a horrible senseless tragedy. Prayers and thoughts to the family.

I just cant believe it! I enjoyed very much Steve's writings and I'm so very mad and sad to hear of his passing, I had never had the chance too meet him but he seemed like a very great person my sincere condolences to his family and friends a truly sad day.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

This is really shocking news, especially considering the way it happened.I met him a couple of times along the years, and he was the one that first introduced me to the ACES people years ago, he was the one that basically wrote the Flight sim graphic engine. He was from England, used to work in a company named Rendermorphic, the main product was called Reality Lab, which was an early 3D engine comparable to OpenGL. The company was bought by Microsoft, all the people were moved to Seattle, and Reality Lab became MS DirectX, I think Steve worked within the DirectX team initially, then he moved to ACES to work on Flight sim in 1998, and was there until 2006, when he moved to Google.I pray for his family.