Sign in to follow this  
AAfan

Is this preformance normal with an i7 2600K?

I will post a screenshot of my nvidia inspector settings tomorrow night EST it will help you, not on my fsx rig right now.

Rich Sennett

With the filter change I seem to be getting around 23ish steady so it made a good difference, thank you Rich! I'm going to futher investigate this but its nearly 3am so I need to get some sleep, thanks for your help so far guys, I think we can get er fixed up tomorrow, well really later today now

Ok, turning on AA in FSX with the enhancer thing actually still dropped me about 3-5 FPS and I guess Autogen will have to be on just dense for me to get around 20-25FPS
Yeah well i don't have autogen on at all. because fsx is totally awful with the trees and 3d buildings. if you think about it when your in the air your not going to see them anyway try turing autgen off full stop report back if it's helped.

With the filter change I seem to be getting around 23ish steady so it made a good difference, thank you Rich! I'm going to futher investigate this but its nearly 3am so I need to get some sleep, thanks for your help so far guys, I think we can get er fixed up tomorrow, well really later today now
Glad to hear you are making progress. You have a very leading edge system and should be getting about the best performance possible assuming everything is optimized.

Yeah well i don't have autogen on at all. because fsx is totally awful with the trees and 3d buildings. if you think about it when your in the air your not going to see them anyway try turing autgen off full stop report back if it's helped.
Im gonna get like 300 FPS without autogen, but I like it when landing :)

Hey I have I7 2600 K and I run it on ULTRA High with locked frames. Make sure you put your frames to 30 Only and in your scenery select Ultra High and Bring the Water QUality to Low +1 and the Autogen (Very Dense) and Scenery Complexity to Full and btw Water Quality Doesnt change after Low + 1 it just kills FPS. And why are you running FSX on x 1050 you can run it on 1920 x 1080 ? Puzant

I can't help to notice you have not got your AA on in fsx? also try turning off some of the autogen buddy and reduce your clouds to high or medium and draw distance to 70mi
Ill try with AA on in FSX but it should be overrode by the Nvidia thingy, and my draw distance is 60 already Ohhh and performance at KFLL is around 20-23 FPS on average in the VC, outside however I get like 30FPS where ever including Seattle
I see that you have already tried with AA turned on in FSX, but heads up that this should always be turned off with have Trilinear MipMapping on because those settings are being handled by Nvidia Inspector. Your FSX setting are not much less than what I have set, so it must be something else. AAFan, are you using REX? If yes, are you also using the 4096 HD 3d clouds? I found that with those clouds and NGX on my system I was getting 2~10 FPS while looking outside in the VC. When I looked away from the clouds in the VC I would just up to 15~25 FPS. I got a lot of FPS back by setting REX to use 1024 3d clouds and choosing a non-HD cloud. I aso OC'd my CPU a bit, but looks like you have that already covered, by running at 4.6Ghz!! Shocked.gif

Im gonna get like 300 FPS without autogen, but I like it when landing :)
Good that you're making progress. As for stutters, I have found the most fluidity by turning off hyperthreading and setting an affinity mask of 12 (anything else and I get slight microstutters). If by kfll, you mean fsdreamteam kfll, I get between 20-23 fps lined up on 9L with the NGX, with same settings as you, except I have 100% world of ai traffic, and have mesh complexity set to 100. If you want I can tell you what I get at a specific time, location, etc., and with specific settings as you have the same CPU as me and at the same overclock.
Good that you're making progress. As for stutters, I have found the most fluidity by turning off hyperthreading and setting an affinity mask of 12 (anything else and I get slight microstutters). If by kfll, you mean fsdreamteam kfll, I get between 20-23 fps lined up on 9L with the NGX, with same settings as you, except I have 100% world of ai traffic, and have mesh complexity set to 100. If you want I can tell you what I get at a specific time, location, etc., and with specific settings as you have the same CPU as me and at the same overclock.
I'm on my phone and the edit button is grated out, but I forgot to mention that I am running 1920x1080 resolution with the 8xsq nvidia profile that Ryan pinned in the general forum.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Seattle area is a killer. I have a similar system, but get better frames. If you get inspector set up correctly, it can actually increase the FPS. I use Antialaising mode in FSX and also tick the AA box. Then use enhance and 4x multi + 4x supersparse (something like that, its off the top of my head).

-Iain Watson-

Guest Tamadeez

Turn off Autogen. Turn off all traffic. Cloud coverage to Minimum and go from there. Maybe even bringing Scenery Complexity down a notch or two. Uncheck both the boxes in simualtion settings under the Weather Tab aswell ( Read NGX Intro) . I would finally say bring both Mesh Complexity and Resolution to full because I think those affect the physical terrain (elevation) which I would think corresponds to a more accurate depiction of terrain on the NGX's ND. Actually also put AA on and use Antistropic filtering I mean shesh you have a GTX570!

Ryan, Are you using REX? Some of the wave animation textures in it can be super hard on FPS - at one point writing the tutorial flight I had like 10 FPS over the North Sea and it was the REX wave animation doing it. Try turning water down to Low 2.0 or even High 1.x and see if that helps at all - there's a lot of water in that area.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

one real quick suggestion thats easy to do.. Raise your HUD.. HUD's are notorious for dragging down frame ratesPam

Simple set your water effects to low 1.x. You can turn the other effects like lense flare on (attention: no light bloom), they are not so gpu/cpu intensive. You can also set the filter to anisotrop. After this, play with the autogen density slider.

Ryan, Are you using REX? Some of the wave animation textures in it can be super hard on FPS - at one point writing the tutorial flight I had like 10 FPS over the North Sea and it was the REX wave animation doing it. Try turning water down to Low 2.0 or even High 1.x and see if that helps at all - there's a lot of water in that area.
I had the same thing happen to me using REX sparkling setting. I dug those wave animation textures out, the ones called "oceanheight...." , 4 or 5 of them if I recall, and found they were 32bit texturres. I simply converted them to DXT5, put them back in and now no FPS drop over water and it still looks the same. I mentioned it to Tim and REX and he mentioned they might fix that in the future. Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

confirming Seattle to be one of the more FPS killing areas in FSX hehe. That includes the JFK area and around London.