Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

25SEP11: Latest Hotfix and SP1 Scheduling..

Well, I downloaded the new fix, and everything went well. I deleted all my liveries, except PMDG, then installed. All went perfect. Not a hitch. The plane seems to be playing well with all it friends! Fully loaded, (see specs below) with FXDT LAX, Flight beam KSFO, I did LAX to KSO. Handed great! No freezes!!!!!!!!!, no fouls, no strikes! My frames were an average of 20+ better!! The planes flow graphics wise was much better+++....not a speck of dust! The only area I had a problem with was during decent, the plane just quit after approx. 5000 ft. and leveled, and I had to manually drop her into town.I still got to make sure that I programmed decent right in the first palce next flight. Everything worked great FMC/ILS wise. I took controls at about 3000ft. KSFO. Handled great all the way in! It seemed to have a more natual attitude than before.... All in all, MUCH BETTTTTER!!!!!!!!!! PMDG you are right on the target!!!!!! Keep up the great work!!! I can't wait till SP1 and 6700!!! Thanks again PMDG!!

Just flew with the latest hot fix, and the 738 American livery,With this flight,http://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL1308/history/20110926/1850Z/KLAS/KLAXFrom FSDT KLAS to KLAX, No defects noted,and noticeably fewer pauses.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I personally have never seen a seriously poll below 40%. This policy is offending everyone, who has spend much money into monitors willing to expand 2D panels for ergonomic training aspects. Btw. i 've never tasted any policy which forces me against my habit in and out the FS Simulator World. So even time will not change anything. But time is a good point helping to resist. There is a proper 747, MD-11, NGX, a VRS superbug, maybe in this life a suitable Airbus. How in god's name i will get the effective time using a T7 which would force me to unergonomic usage. The ironic thing, the T7 was my most expected aircraft 'til this cuting-feature-policy. The ability to decide i have always seen as a big feature. And finally the performance in VC will never be like 2D in FSX. It seems there is still a big difference in bare selling and using things. Money Eyes.gif
Why don't you guys perform a real poll, I believe that feature is available in AVSIM's forums? That way you would get real numbers backing up your cause.In the past I always used 2D but now with a big screen (using a 40" TV) and together with Track-IR I will not go back. However I do realise staying in 2D might be the only option for some based on hardware setup.

Richard Åsberg

Hi Robert Well done on the release of the latest hotfix, I shall be waiting for SP1 as one hotfix I did made my sim unusable. No matter I can wait, the one thing PMDG do and do well is work on their updates and listen to the customer base. I have tried to rea dthrough all seven pages looking for something but i am in the office and really need to start work. Perhaps you can indulge me and answer a simple question. Has the simconnect overflow issue been fixed, when using the NGX in conjunction with Aivlasofts excellent Electronic Flight bag product. Can we now see online traffic depicted whether it be IVAO or VATSIM> Wycliffe BarrettVATUK3 Membership Manager www.aivlasoft.com "Disclaimer, I am in no way associated with Aivlasoft, I do not work for the company or promote their product for gain, I am but a paying customer who is now a beta tester."

James. Found 'em! They were in programX86/microsoft games/sim objects/airplanes/PDMG 737-800 .....John
???You've got one f...up installation of FSX if it's installed like that. Might have something to do with the permissions Win7 assigns to the Program Filex X86 folder.My advise: Really, bite the bullet and reinstall FSX in a proper location (like: C:\FSX).

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Sorry if this is obvious, however does the latest hotfix contain all previous hotfixes or do you need to install them individually?

???You've got one f...up installation of FSX if it's installed like that. Might have something to do with the permissions Win7 assigns to the Program Filex X86 folder.My advise: Really, bite the bullet and reinstall FSX in a proper location (like: C:\FSX).
It's not f*** up, it's where probably 99% of all FSX installations are, i.e. where the Microsoft installer puts it by default. Moving the installation wouldn't solve his problem (which had been not being able to find the aircraft config files). He's already explained that he's reluctant to reinstall. Even PMDG don't recommend reinstalling just to move to the better file location. I've had to do a few FSX reinstalls as a result of hard disk problems and it's not something I'd do voluntarily nor for small performance gains. If you only have a couple of add-ons fair enough, but if you have dozens it becomes a real pain. Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

thanks robert.what about us with no problems. LOL.gif we dont need this one do we?

It's not f*** up, it's where probably 99% of all FSX installations are, i.e. where the Microsoft installer puts it by default. Moving the installation wouldn't solve his problem (which had been not being able to find the aircraft config files). He's already explained that he's reluctant to reinstall. Even PMDG don't recommend reinstalling just to move to the better file location. I've had to do a few FSX reinstalls as a result of hard disk problems and it's not something I'd do voluntarily nor for small performance gains. If you only have a couple of add-ons fair enough, but if you have dozens it becomes a real pain. Kevin Hall
I was referring to the fact he has a \microsoft games\sim objects folder and a \microsoft games\fsx\sound\ folder. Something did not go right in his installation process.As far as reinstalling concerns, I consider myself to be an expert on that area, currently reinstalling FSX for the 8th time. And yes, I do have dozens and dozens of addons, so I surely recognize its a royal pain to do a reinstall.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

I was referring to the fact he has a \microsoft games\sim objects folder and a \microsoft games\fsx\sound\ folder. Something did not go right in his installation process.As far as reinstalling concerns, I consider myself to be an expert on that area, currently reinstalling FSX for the 8th time. And yes, I do have dozens and dozens of addons, so I surely recognize its a royal pain to do a reinstall.
Have you considered the possibility he just mistyped the folder location and left out the "FSX" path between "microsoft games" and " sim objects"? If the install was that corrupted FSX just wouldn't run as it wouldn't find any sim objects. As for reinstalling no doubt you had good reason to do so, but too many people here recommend reinstallation to fix problems, sometimes even as the first step in trouble shooting. It should be a last resort only. If the problem is with one addon and not others, then it's just not logical to assume that the FSX installation is at fault. As for reinstalling Windows to fix FSX addon problems words fail me, but if people want to spend hours doing this kind of thing I suppose it's up to them. Cheers Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

I may have missed it, but shouldn't there be a published methoed to undo hotfix 4 if you try it and it creates problems? Is hotfix 3 still available, or is the 2922 version of the baseline installer available to download if you have the original installer. TBH I'd rather only have to download hotfix 3, not the entire installer including hf3. It appears hotfixes are only available from links in the forum. Shouldn't they be available in the download section of the PMDG website, or at least on a pinned hotfixes thread in the forum. A link buried in a long informative post isn't so easy to find. Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Have you considered the possibility he just mistyped the folder location and left out the "FSX" path between "microsoft games" and " sim objects"? If the install was that corrupted FSX just wouldn't run as it wouldn't find any sim objects.
He didn't. In an earlier post he stated not seeing the sim objects folder in the \ms games\fsx\ folder. For some reason it appears his installation is split up in two locations.
As for reinstalling no doubt you had good reason to do so, but too many people here recommend reinstallation to fix problems, sometimes even as the first step in trouble shooting. It should be a last resort only. If the problem is with one addon and not others, then it's just not logical to assume that the FSX installation is at fault. As for reinstalling Windows to fix FSX addon problems words fail me, but if people want to spend hours doing this kind of thing I suppose it's up to them.
Agree. Although I do find FSX to be a difficult application to troubleshoot. I've done 2 or 3 reinstalls after being driven to madness by un-explainable CTD's (after running satisfactory for months). Most often these kinds of problems are caused by less-than-perfect created addon's but not always it can be determined what the exact cause is.Most reinstalls by me were done simply because I wanted to clean up (having 1000+ scenery layers make stuff somewhat "unclear" Whistle.gif )

Regards,

Frank van der Werff