Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

Performance decreasing when mouse cursor displayed, are you looking into this PMDG?

That's probably due to i7 2600k@4.9Ghz.
Yep, maybe. I'm not 100% certain though.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I'm one of those who don't have this issue at all (even with the iFly I didn't have it)... So...
This is very strange considering the fact that i have been told that this issue (maybe to differing degrees) is FSX related and unavoidable and as as i stated in an earlier post, i do experience this myself with a not half bad rig.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

That's probably due to i7 2600k@4.9Ghz.
I'm getting it on my system, despite an i7 980x running at 4.46 ghz and it's really quite annoying, only just noticed it last night for the first time

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Hello,I know it's been discussed before. And the problem could be quite annoying.Thanks in advance,
I think this issue could be mostly resolved with a little creative software utility that would place a single pixel (if that indeed is all that would do it, or as it were a mask of pixels that matched the mouse pointer) in the z order underneath the mouse pointer so that it is never actually parked directly on the main views in FSX, but instead when visible is sitting on the pixel. People who have seen how this works understand that whenever anything is under the mouse pointer the perf degrade disappears, for example any 2d panel, 2d gauge, the ATC window, etc. So a surrogate 'mask' as it were, even a tiny transparent one, should do the same thing I would think. It could be programmed to disappear w/ a left or right mouse click action so that it would not impair mouse button functioning. Sure, when you did a mouse button click you would get a very brief and probably imperceptible loss of perf, but as soon as the mouse button is released that would disappear. I presented this option to (I think it was) Ryan the developer of the Turbine Duke (sorry Ryan if your name wasn't Ryan!) and he sounded intrigued but I haven't heard back from him. That particular bird suffers from this effect too.Sound really be easy to do I would think, but then again I'm not a programmer . . . What do you think?Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi,try to put mouse cursor in the upper left corner of your window.Cheers,Francesco

Francesco Gatta
Managing Director / Media

Royaldutchvirtual.com

Unplug the mouse from computer. Problem solved.
A bit drastic one thinks considering the cursor disappears after a couple of seconds

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Interesting how tolerant everyone seems to be over this issue considering the uproar and criticism that was made when a certain other 737 was seen to suffer from this problem...Whistle.gif
The performance hit was pretty bad with that particular product if I remember correctly. With the NGX, I don't even notice it.

While PMDG 737 NGX is state of the art FSX has been programmed by a very retarded monkey so we have a golden product ( PMDG ) over a lame one ( FSX ) .That's the reason of the issue

Interesting how tolerant everyone seems to be over this issue considering the uproar and criticism that was made when a certain other 737 was seen to suffer from this problem...Whistle.gif
+1
What's more interesting is the idea that people get so worked up about an issue that they never stop to think that an issue related to the mouse cursor, which is a development of the operating system, is likely more of an issue related to the developer of the OS, or the root program. That shouldn't take a rocket scientist.Of the worst offenses in these forums and others, is the idea that everything is a bug in the programmer's code, and not one of the parent program(s).

Kyle Rodgers

While PMDG 737 NGX is state of the art FSX has been programmed by a very retarded monkey so we have a golden product ( PMDG ) over a lame one ( FSX ) .That's the reason of the issue
I must agree with you about the programmer though I've been thinking lately how come no one from the old ACES team have gone onto to work with other developers and try and resolve FSX's many issues?

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

I must agree with you about the programmer though I've been thinking lately how come no one from the old ACES team have gone onto to work with other developers and try and resolve FSX's many issues?
It is rumored few of them will work on Ms Flight that it will be released around spring-summer 2013.Anyway I have only really really bad sensations about Flight.

When Moses brought forth the tablets. They believed Big%20Grin.gif
If you are referring to tablets that are common in nightclubs then anyone will believe anything!

I know it's been discussed before. And the problem could be quite annoying. At Aerosoft Schiphol (my home and favourite airport), I'm getting around 18-20 fps while the mouse cursor is displayed, and around 23 fps when it is not displayed. PMDG claims that the performance is equal or even better than the MD11. This is not true for me because I'm getting over 25 fps in the MD11 at Aerosoft Schiphol. If I want the NGX to come a little close, the mouse cursor must not be displayed.
When the 747-400X came out it was a huge FPS killer and still is. Then the MD-11 came out and they toned down the graphics quality and optimized it more. This made it much smoother and more FPS friendly than the 747-400. Now the graphics quality is up again for the 737-NGX and on top of that is way more complex than the MD-11 is. So comparing the MD-11 to the NGX is completely ridiculous as far as FPS goes. Thats like comparing the 747-400x to the Default FSX 747-400.