Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

NGX 737 Stuck

Daniel, as others have mentioned, you definatly need more RAM. You dont say what operating system you are using, but most of your availabe RAM is being used by your 2 gigs, leaving very little for FSX. If you can get up to at least 6 gigs, that will improve things greatly for you.

Jay

http://forum.avsim.n...irfraft-freeze/i found this one, its the same problem that i have but it seems that i cant find the solution there? any solution for it?
Daniel As it is being said by other fellow simmers, you definitely need more RAM. I have experienced the exact problem as yours because of my low end Dual Core + 2 GB. So I'd also suggest you to spend some money getting 4+GB of RAM which will lead you to run Win7 and then I'd suggest 64bits. I have done this and now (without HF4 as I'm waiting for SP1) I have quite all the problems solved - eventually I get a FSX CTD. Good luck Schmid

Daniel! do you have the fix HF4 installed? Helped a lot from panel freezing.http://downloads.pre...2987_Hotfix.ZIP / Leffe
i actually i have not, i will try it, is it really help this problem? is it really solve it? thanks, i will upgrade my computer for sure, but i want to make sure i am solving the problem so i will not by 4gb ram for nothing, thanks again!(:

More Ram will help you computer in any way you look at it. You will notice a difference. Either way you look at it, it is one of the best and cheapest investments you can make in a PC.

OK, so today i tried another flight from LEBL(Brcelona)- LEMD( madrid) so, first of all, i reduced every thing to low, except for the full screen resolution cause i dont know how, the aircraft from inside looked terrible every thing was unreadable, the environment was even worse, ok so, i switch the battery to on, and then started apu, after i ran the apu, i connected to vatsim, it was pretty cloudy, and the game wasnt that smooth, i mean even with that settings i got 10-20 fps btw i am using fps limiter that set tp-20, ok so took off without any problem, then got to my cruise altitude, FL250 (there was not atc online there was traffic though) then got to my TD point and started to decent to runway 31L and then when got to FL 180 the airplane stucked, when i am saying stuck i , mean that the screen stoped to show the altitude coming down, and the speed to, (the screen was on but stucked)i could not touch the throttle when i touched the flaps after one click the didnt react to , and every thing else on the overhead panel was click able but didnt do anything, any any help appreciate please help me, thanks again to all of you, hope to return you a favor one day(:
That is pretty much exactly what was happening to me. The only way I was able to fix it was to go the dual boot route with a 64 bit OS so it could see all 8GB of my ram. It will NOT run reliably on my 32 but WinXP, although this is the ONLY addon A/C I have that has this problem. That being said, a 500GB HD to set up the dual boot on was about $35 and the OS was $149 for the OEM version. Yes, it's an additional expense, and yes, it's a PITA, but I would bet that it will solve your freezing problem. You will still not have good frame rates with your current setup, but I bet you will be able to complete a flight. If you wish to go that route I would be happy to show you how to set up your rig to dual boot...

-------------

john croft

That is pretty much exactly what was happening to me. The only way I was able to fix it was to go the dual boot route with a 64 bit OS so it could see all 8GB of my ram. It will NOT run reliably on my 32 but WinXP, although this is the ONLY addon A/C I have that has this problem. That being said, a 500GB HD to set up the dual boot on was about $35 and the OS was $149 for the OEM version. Yes, it's an additional expense, and yes, it's a PITA, but I would bet that it will solve your freezing problem. You will still not have good frame rates with your current setup, but I bet you will be able to complete a flight. If you wish to go that route I would be happy to show you how to set up your rig to dual boot...
thanks man! you can show me if its ok from you, thanks

i actually i have not, i will try it, is it really help this problem? is it really solve it? thanks, i will upgrade my computer for sure, but i want to make sure i am solving the problem so i will not by 4gb ram for nothing, thanks again!(:
Until you get more RAM, nothing else you do is going to help much, thats just the way it is with FSX. You only have 2 gigs now and most of that is used by your operating system.

Jay

Ur all right, its not any of those names, so what does it matter if this guy signs or not. I have learnt the hard way never to put my real name on a public forum. Simple as that
Forum rules. No one is forcing you. You can always go get info somewhere else. Here we sign our real names. Period.

ok thanks, and btw, should i upgrade to windows 7?
What OS are you using now?

Jay

windows xp 2002 thanks
Oh, dear, yes. Upgrade. MS made a number of improvements to XP in Vista, and then again in W7. Windows is still sad compared to Mac OS, but that's a different story.

windows xp 2002 thanks
If your hardware can handle it, most definatly upgrade, I would suggest Win 7 64. Coupled with a good video card and plenty of RAM, FSX will 'fly', pun intended :-)

Jay