Sign in to follow this  
Nixon

Interesting waypoint names

A bunch of the arrivals into KPHX reference the city's sports teams:COYOT2 - for the Phoenix Coyotes NHL hockey team:COYOTHATRK (hat trick - 3 goals in a game by one player)BRUSRMAHEMSUNNS7 - for the Phoenix Suns NBA basketball team:SUNNSBBALLHOTTTSQUEZBAYBIBUNTR2 - for the Arizona Diamondbacks Major Leauge Baseball team:PICHRHOMRRBUNTRNothing yet for the Cardinals NFL team...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

There are some near Houston that relate to the Houston Rockets NBA team like MINGG or ROCKT plus a few others

Near Stuttgart(Germany)VATERUNSER (So the beginning of Lord's Prayer "Our Father...")there are many other crazy Waypoints in Germany likeHERBIHAREM... (don'T know more but here are some scary ones more!!)

There's a BULLZ1 arrival into ChicagoI've also seen RUNDI and CHOOT at 2 different airports in the US. It's my understanding that they are not used in polite conversation in India ;-)There's also RDNEK way up in northern Florida

How about MEEOW in Arkansas, JAVEX in North Carolina, SNIVL in Connecticut, SNEZE in Ohio, SPICY in Kansas and MILKY and MOIST in Wyoming.

Dugald Walker

MCO PIGLT2 Arrival Waypoints :HKUNA - "Hakuna"MTATA - "Matata" "Hakuna Matata" (song from the Disney Movie: The Lion King)JAZMN - Jazmin (from the Disney Movie: Aladino)PIGLT - Piglet (from "Winnie The Pooh")RFIKI - Rafiki (from "The Lion King")TTIGR - Tiger (from "Winnie the Pooh")These are some awesome Waypoint names :D

One of the transitions on the COWBY4 departure from KLAS is the GUP transition. So this is read "Cowboy four departure, Gallup transition" :lol:There's a part of Interstate 76 in Philadelphia that's known as the Schuylkill Expressway (as it follows the Schuylkill River, which is pronounced School Kill, but blended and with our funny accent). The BOJID1 arrival to PHL (the part for landing East) ends with SCOOL KYILL EXPRS WHEYYThe JIMGE2 arrival from the south that overflies New Jersey ends with JRSEY PIIKE EASEY PAASS (NJ Turnpike, which uses EZ PASS auto toll transponders)My favorite is the ILS 1R at MCI (Kansas City) SPICY BARBQ TERKY SMOKE RIBBSWho says nobody at the FAA has a sense of humor? :(

Steve Caffey

On the LBSTA2 departure out of KBOS, bit of a seafood/nautical theme:LBSTACLAWWBUOYYBOATTThere is another fix in the area (part of another departure) which I wish they had put into the LBSTA2:BSQUEAnd of course my favorite a bit to the south:DRUNK

Edited by RedSpinnaker

7900X OC @ 4.8GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional | 2 x EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (SLI) | 32GB G.Skill DDR4 2800

Near GOOY, Dakar. They are all "unique" :)LIMAXBIKISBONVIENURIBOMSAAPTONKILGOSLONURAShttp://www.ais-asecna.org/pdf/atlas/senegal/dakar/pdf/dakar-01b.pdf

Edited by Devinci

KBOS, Boston Logan, has some DPs names after Boston sports teams CELTK, PATSS, SSOX, and has one called LBSTA, lobster being a very popular dish in the area.Somewhere in the US, following an airway will get you over IWANA, BURGR, NSOME, FRIES. Someone was hungry.

KIND has race car driver names near it.Poster above beat me to the KBOS names.

Edited by SKEWR

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma