Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Quick-Read on a few items...

Captains-As of 0930Z/29OCT11, I replaced the SP1 installer in order to fix a few minor issues that could be addressed with a simple installer rebuild.The items are:1) Replaced the Introduction document with the full version. (Not sure how the 18 pager got there...)2) Fixed a specular map that was incorrect on the PMDG 737-800 House livery...3) Fixed a minor issue on the LowRes panel99.99999% of you won't need/care about these changes, but if you do care:1) Re-download the SP1 then remove/reinstall the NGX + SP1.2) If all you want is the Introduction document, you can download it form here.3) If you want to use the hires textures in the lowres VC model, OR if you want the correct specmap on the PMDG 800 House livery, please see #1...Now- while I have your attention- there are two items we are seeing that are VERY important for everyone to know:1) If you have saved flights or saved panel states that you created prior to SP1 (including a default flight in the FSX Fly Now window) using the NGX- you should delete these files and re-create them using SP1. There were some pretty significant changes in how we save/load information from the saved flights, as well as how we save/load various options that you can choose in the airplane... These will cause erratic results if you do not delete them and recreate them using the SP1 airplane.2) If you find that loading the 2D panel gives the sensation of looking down steeply at the runway, please take a look in the FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/PMDG 737NGX 800/Panel directory. We placed a readme in that directory that will explain why you are seeing this and how to solve it. (The solution is easy- but we documented it for you just in case!)Okay- i think that covers the errata for now...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Robert,Many thanks for this new SP1! Much appreciated.Because you suggested we should re-download all NGX liveries, I presume one should not use those painted by users (and available here at AVSIM library) based on the NGX paintkit.Could you please confirm?Kind regards

Edmundo Azevedo

Hello Robert,thank you for the info. Is there a way to verify wich SP1 installer i have downloaded ?I have installed everything new from the scratch as recommended.1. B737-89002. SP13. B737-6700 (which i just bought a couple of minutes ago)My introduction manual shows 134 pages. I guess I have downloaded the latest SP1, right ?Thanks for the outstanding work with the NGX family.Very best regards,

1) If you have saved flights or saved panel states that you created prior to SP1 (including a default flight in the FSX Fly Now window) using the NGX- you should delete these files and re-create them using SP1.
Before I start tinkering (and messing things up), where do I find these files that I should be deleting? Thanks.

I can't find the readme file: Only a 4_3_vs_wide_readme fileAnd i have set wideaspect........... to True (I am useing tripelhead2go VERY WIDE)HElp

Robert, what about the saved statesNGX CLDDRK.sav (and .fmc)NGX DEFAULT.sav (and .fmc)NGX LONG.sav (and .fmc)NGX SHORT.sav (and .fmc)?They were created before SP1, if I delete them, where will I get the same applicable to SP1?Thank you very much for SP1!

James Goggi

OK ...SO, the SP1 now on the website is the latest or no?I see that announcement has been removed...

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Patrick,With all due respect, you need to give people time to respond. You original question was posted at 1154z. You then posted at 1224 and 1235z, wondering why there's been no response yet. The forum readers are either waking up (here in North America), or flying the NGX, or perhaps (in my case) don't know the answer to your question. Give it time. You WILL get an answer before long.

Patrick.... go to ...FSXPMDGAircraftDelete/move all the ini files you see there that have your a/c tail number against themDrew[EDIT] oh, and also delete any files in my documentsflight simulator X files that are to do with save flights you made with your previous NGX

These service packs are like London buses. You wait ages for one then two come at once! :)Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hello!I am still having the "2D panel gives the sensation of looking down steeply at the runway" problem even after making sure WideViewAspect=False is in the Display section of the FSX.cfg. I also cannot figure out yet how to use the 4:3 2d. Is there something else I can try in order to resolve this?Thanks