Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

What do YOU want to see in SP2?

What do you mean for multicrew ? 2 players via web in the same cockpit acting like a captain and F/O ?
Yeap, exactly.

I would like to have:Heat blur from enginesengines smokethe possibility to open a cockpit window when parked a thet gateClaude Moffet

I would like to have:Heat blur from enginesengines smokethe possibility to open a cockpit window when parked a thet gateClaude Moffet
the possibility to open a cockpit window when parked a thet gateClaude Moffet
In the real one it is supposed to open the window in air in smoke condition. Obviously the aircraft must be unpressurized and at low speed.
PMDG has just sad that they will put shared cockpit in SP2. :)
Thats a great news

Regards

Andrea Daviero

the possibility to open a cockpit window when parked a thet gate
I think that it is impossible, because they reached the max animation amount.

A taxi navigator GPS based.
Available as 3rd party software. Why bother PMDG with this? There's a lot of fixes to do for the NGX.

Dave P. Woycek

B777?Roberto
Go away. Seriously. I start getting mad at these hijacking 777 requests in the 737 NGX forum. The 737 will keep you more than busy if you care to learn it properly, and there are still many open issues which need to be addressed in SP2 of the NGX.If you want to express your impatience about the 777, please do so in the General Forum.

Dave P. Woycek

Want to see everything is complete with Turkish Airlines textures.The PMDG logo is shown on the ground connections!!!

Go away. Seriously. I start getting mad at these hijacking 777 requests in the 737 NGX forum. The 737 will keep you more than busy if you care to learn it properly, and there are still many open issues which need to be addressed in SP2 of the NGX.If you want to express your impatience about the 777, please do so in the General Forum.
Hello Dave:I am quite sorry that my post upset you. However, after reading suggestions in this thread for the SP2 that went something like this:“…a beautiful woman as copilot ….or flight attendant..”“ …. hear the chit chat of the cabin crew while the passengers load ….. ““….. voice commanded radio frequency controls ….”“ …. fresh coffee … but my wife does not want to wear the xxxxx airline uniform …”I thought that I would attempt (unsuccessful as it was) some humour myself.It should have been greatly obvious that a suggestion to have a B777 as part of an SP2 for the NGX is meant to be a joke. I hope that those other suggestions did not upset you as much as mine.I would also hope that you can relax, make yourself a good coffee and have a nice flight in the NGX. Since SP1 arrived, I am having a great time with this product and hopefully you can find the time to enjoy it as much as I am.Regards,Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Hello Dave:I am quite sorry that my post upset you. However, after reading suggestions in this thread for the SP2 that went something like this:“…a beautiful woman as copilot ….or flight attendant..”“ …. hear the chit chat of the cabin crew while the passengers load ….. ““….. voice commanded radio frequency controls ….”“ …. fresh coffee … but my wife does not want to wear the xxxxx airline uniform …”I thought that I would attempt (unsuccessful as it was) some humour myself.It should have been greatly obvious that a suggestion to have a B777 as part of an SP2 for the NGX is meant to be a joke. I hope that those other suggestions did not upset you as much as mine.I would also hope that you can relax, make yourself a good coffee and have a nice flight in the NGX. Since SP1 arrived, I am having a great time with this product and hopefully you can find the time to enjoy it as much as I am.Regards,Roberto
Actually voice commands are not sci-fi, there are products like voice buddy that can be used to command some things, if there is a key combination, it can be commanded by these softwares. This without moving your view from more important things.But, definetly, for SP2 is almost a joke, yes :D

Regards

Andrea Daviero

This plane is almost perfect :DHowever, i'd change add a few things:-Cabin VC model (like the one in FS9 PMDG, which was awesome for video making :D), with an animated cockpit door.-Randomize wingflex when on the ground: when i switch to wing view and im rolling it looks like the wingflex animation is too repititive (still awesome how it is now anyway tongue.png)-More detailed landing gear (especially shock absorbers), would do good for making videos on which the camera is set on a tyre.

Custom waypoint are great when the control says "Airliner 123 cross 40 miles northwest of Toledo at an maintain 12,000"Plug the waypoint in, put 12,000 in for VNAV and let VNAV do the work.Happens all the time in the real world.
Huh? That is in already and is called PlaceBearing/Distance: TUL305/40 and creates a waypoint called TUL01 (or 02 etc.). What is being asked for is the ability to use custom waypoints to create custom waypoints...so when control says "Airliner 123 cross 40 miles northwest of Toledo at an maintain 12,000 - duh, sorry about that, I have already put someone else here, would you mind coming in 5 miles to their left?" you as the pilot can enter TUL0190/5 and expect it to work. Of course, the fact that a waypoint that ends in a digit is (by definition) a created waypoint and not an entry in the nav database, or the fact that ending in a digit, it is not possible to know which digits are part of the name and which are part of the bearing complicates matters considerably. I mean, does TUL123 mean bearing 123 from TUL, or bearing 23 from TUL1 or bearing 3 from TUL12?

Huh? That is in already and is called PlaceBearing/Distance: TUL305/40 and creates a waypoint called TUL01 (or 02 etc.). What is being asked for is the ability to use custom waypoints to create custom waypoints...so when control says "Airliner 123 cross 40 miles northwest of Toledo at an maintain 12,000 - duh, sorry about that, I have already put someone else here, would you mind coming in 5 miles to their left?" you as the pilot can enter TUL0190/5 and expect it to work. Of course, the fact that a waypoint that ends in a digit is (by definition) a created waypoint and not an entry in the nav database, or the fact that ending in a digit, it is not possible to know which digits are part of the name and which are part of the bearing complicates matters considerably. I mean, does TUL123 mean bearing 123 from TUL, or bearing 23 from TUL1 or bearing 3 from TUL12?
What the controller is expecting you to do is to maintain your present flight plan route and cross a measured distance away from the airport/intersection/VOR on your flight plan route.You're en route from KMGN to KTOL and your flight plan is basically KMGN HIRED KTOL. You're on your flight plan heading to HIRED and the controller says "Airliner 123, cross 46 miles northwest of Toledo at 11,0000". You comply. This is a pretty standard thing to happen IRL as they are trying to get you under the MIZAR arrival stream for Detroit.So, if you take a look at Skyvector (http://skyvector.com...HIRED:A.K5.KTOL) you will see that the leg from HIRED to KTOL is only 26 nm. This means that the controller wants you to cross a point that is 45 miles from Toledo on your flight plan route. So, you have the 26 miles from HIRED to KTOL and you need another 20 miles to meet the 46 total miles for the crossing restriction. So you would end up putting in "HIRED/-20". This places HIRED01 (new waypoint..custom waypoint) on your current flight plan route (magenta line) exactly 20 miles from HIRED. On skyvector, it shows a dot just north of the HIRED intersection. This is where HIRED01 would be located on the ND. If the controller gave you something like "cross 5 miles Southeast of HIRED at 9,000" then you would put "HIRED/+5" in the CDU.This is much easier than place/bearing distance because by the time you figure out what radial & distance puts you 46 miles from Toledo on your flight plan route, you've already blown the crossing restriction and now you are getting a letter in the mail.Most FMS's in the corporate world have the ability to do custom waypoints, I don't see why the 737 wouldn't have it. Heck, in the FMS that we have in the King Air we can even name our custom waypoints as long as the name that we put in isn't in the database already as a predefined intersection. So we could put "KTOL/-20/ROCKS" then "KTOL/-10/PMDG". It would show up on the MFD/ND (read from KTOL)...KTOL (magenta line)...PMDG (magenta line)....ROCKS (magenta line).