Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Official Groundroll Enhancement Thread...

Just another quick post here, but I have two sound files that a real pilot recorded with his cell phone right before takeoff. It was a 737-500 and 737-900 and both sound similar, but the 900 has a distinticve sound of the nose wheel tires rubbing or spinning against the brake stoppers in the wheel well, so you might want to include this 900 sound somehow.If you guys have a place I can send them to, let me know. They are m4a files (2 files) that will open in Quicktime.John

I'm sorry guys been really busy Beta testing and i will be very busy in the next few weeks so all i can ask is if you would bare with me i will take care of it asap..Regards Steve

Would it be possible to keep the first post updated with the latest files?Thanks,

The use of 'Official' title of this thread seems to imply that the enhancement is endorsed or produced by PMDG. Having read most of the above that doesn't appear to be the case and if I'm correct then anyone having problems with the NGX after applying the patch would presumably get no support from PMDG. Perhaps the thread should be renamed to remove the impression that it is 'Official'?Andy Lawton

Edited by AndyUK

So nice job and enhancement for the NGX ! Thank you very much.By the way should you be able to create a sound for the Thrust Levers actuators when pressing TOGA during T/O ?Here is a video from Just planes (just listen @ 0:30 sec for the sound) :

Could be nice to have this sound when pressing toga button on thurst levers.Cheers

The use of 'Official' title of this thread seems to imply that the enhancement is endorsed or produced by PMDG. Having read most of the above that doesn't appear to be the case and if I'm correct then anyone having problems with the NGX after applying the patch would presumably get no support from PMDG. Perhaps the thread should be renamed to remove the impression that it is 'Official'?Andy Lawton
I titled it that because of the official work me and joel did. Personally you only need to read the first thread to see that it is not by PMDG.Sometimes reading does solve alot of issues. There won't be anymore work done in this area guys as i currently Beta testing Rex Essentials

I titled it that because of the official work me and joel did. Personally you only need to read the first thread to see that it is not by PMDG.Sometimes reading does solve alot of issues. There won't be anymore work done in this area guys as i currently Beta testing Rex Essentials
Steve,Thanks for what you and Joel have done so far.Pete

I don't know about your NGX but mines has the to/ga click sound.
It is not really a click sound ! check the video you'll see how it sounds...Cheers.

I have simulated this sound infact it does sound pretty good got a few adjustments to make as i am currently busy with other things at the moment but will update you guys asap...It almosts sound like the speedbrakes deploying..

Woaaa so very nice ! Do you have plans to release it soon ?

Thanks a lot ! I've sended you a private message btw.Cheers.