Sign in to follow this  
Wendall

What was YOUR first payware airliner?

There isn 't really any reason for this post, but fun to see everyones choices and opinions...My first was the CS 757 4.4, about 2.5 years ago, WAY beyond my skill level at the time, now, not so much...Regards,
PIC 767 for FS2000 and Dreamfleet 737

André

747-200 Classic by AETI.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Mine was the CS757 for FS2004. I was so naive then. Thought I could go from the default 737 to the CS757 and understand everything. Was I wrong... I quickly understood that it was way above my level of knowledge. I didn't fly the plane match anymore afterwards, and in the months following that purchase I think one of the next planes might have well been the LDS767. That one was also really difficult, but I followed the checklists and... again didn't understand it. I only came to fully understand the planes when I bought the PMDG 747 and did the type rating courses by PMDG. After that, I could fly both the LDS767 and CS757 without big problems, and the 737 soon followed.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

For me PSS's A320 was the first purchase. That was the slippery slope I slid down. From there countless $$$ have been spent on PMDG, LDS, Wilco/Feelthere, Captian Sim, Aerosoft... Who would ever think that a $50 program would end up costing well over $10,000 by the time you look at the cost of FS, add aircraft, add-on's for scenery, sound, flight planners, weather, ATC. Then there is hardware cost; keyboard -> joystick -> yoke, rudders , throttle quad, headset. Mouse -> GoFlight hardware. 1 monitor -> 3 monitors with THTG and TrackIR. Then the PC hardware replacement, which as your addiction grows becomes the move to multiple PC's, iPad for charts.. Oh yeah, that lead to thousands of dollars to gain the approval of the FAA.All in all not bad for an initial $50 investment Money%20Eyes.gifHappy simming!Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

My first payware was the CS727. I really wanted a 727 that flew really well by hand and was fairly true to the systems in the real plane. Once the bugs and niggles are worked out, it fits the bill. Lots of eye candy and animations and stuff if you are into that. I liked everything about the freeware Vistaliners/HJG 727, except it flew like crap by hand.

David Norman Paul

My first was the Iron Knuckles DC-9 by Flight One. I still go back and fly it occasionally, it has a great 2d panel and it flies well on FS2004.Dale

Dale

Mine was PMDG 737NG in 2005. Before I was a hard core GA fan. I thought airliners simulations were unrealistic and meant for kids to play captains.Then one day, on a FS newsgroup I was following, a regular contributor, real world 737 captain, did not make a post for two weeks and everybody asked him where he went. He said he did not have time to post because he was immersed in flying this new 737NG. So I thought, well if rw pilot is so enthusiastic about it then it must be something, and I did my first purchase and my fs world changed.Now I rarely go out of my MD and NGX any more.Daniel

The Dreamfleet 737-400.Came in a huge box with a glossy covered manual the size of a small novel and a brilliant VHS of a real flight - Stansted to Lisbon I think.Wish they packaged them like that nowadays!And what on earth happened to Lou Betti and DF anyway???Ian

PSS 777 for FS9 - first time I got the "wow" factor - never again since, seems to tell you the quality of payware aircraft nowadays, we simmers expect everything.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Kenneth Kerr's DC-3 (an 'airliner' in its day) add-on for FS5....I believe. Still have the original install disc's and packaging.I believe Ken was one of the first to offer payware add-ons for FS, and it was quite controversial 'in the day'.

Mine was the DreamFleet 737. Was that FS2000 or 2002? It's been so long now, I forget. What a fantastic plane that was at the time!

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

PSS 777-300 and Airbus 340-300If at that time PSS was that "good" what would it have been like today? I think most (if not all ) of the developers learned from PSS.