Sign in to follow this  
brynjames

Aivlasoft EFB, Flightsim Commander or both?

With the seasonal discounts coming to an end, I was considering getting the highly recommended Aivla EFB or Flightsim Commander - or both. I know there is a certain amount of overlap between the two products and would be interested in views and recommendations from users.Thanks.Bryn

With the seasonal discounts coming to an end, I was considering getting the highly recommended Aivla EFB or Flightsim Commander - or both. I know there is a certain amount of overlap between the two products and would be interested in views and recommendations from users.Thanks.Bryn
I suggest you get aivlasoft. I have it and use it all the time. If you want just a flightplanner just wait a little and you should be able to buy a good one. (www.pfpx.com)

Aivlasoft are digital charts, FSC is a flightplanner.As you said, they do overlap, but I haven't installed FSC since several month (maybe a year) now!And I do not miss it.One reason I do not like FSC with its outdated design and usability what is like WIN98 style.You really buy old software with it! The latest updates do not change this.Another one is the rough or lacking support on their forum.I haven't visited this since a long time noe, maybe things have changed, but I do not believe...So, go for EFB!!!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have both and ALWAYS use them together on a client PC. Makes for a brilliant combination. EFB is, without doubt, the better of the two, but FSC will add extra functionality. Especially when using the NGX.

I have both and ALWAYS use them together on a client PC.
Did you have any problem trying to get EFB working on a separate PC?

Hey Dean (great name by the way) the manual for EFB is very good, talks u through the remote PC setup, if widefs is working ok for you it will be easy

Dean Stringer

Did you have any problem trying to get EFB working on a separate PC?
No problems here on a separate PC. I thought it only used simConnect, not wideFS, but I may be wrong. Like others have said, I rarely fly without it any more . . .

Joe Lorenc

Even if you do have any issues, which I doubt, their forum will help you promptly.

I used to be a big fan of FS Commander, however since buying EFB, I don't use FS Commander anymore. Granted EFB is more expensive, but it is a in a class of it's own.

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

I thought it only used simConnect, not wideFS, but I may be wrong.
You are correct - version 1 is tied to SimConnect. Version 2... will have that and other networking options. ^_^And thanks for everyone's generous comments on AivlaSoft EFB!

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)