Sign in to follow this  
DChockey08

A conversation with a Microsoft employee

Deleted per Admin request.
Wait a minute here, are you serious, somebody from the staff (administrator) asked you to delete your post? Any reason given?

Well...I was on the ski lift behind you listening to your conversation and I think you're mistaken. He didn't say that "Hawaii will be the only scenery in Flight" what he said was either "The underpants I wore to Hawaii were too tight" , "Hundreds of pirates will attack Hawaii tonight" or "Hovercrafts will arrive full of eels at daylight." Either way, he said nothing about Hawaii being the only scenery in Flight. An innocent mistake on your part, no harm done.

Sorry, but the security guard at the front gate that stopped you from entering the MS grounds doesn't count.

Wait a minute here, are you serious, somebody from the staff (administrator) asked you to delete your post? Any reason given?
Yes. I posted it once and it got deleted. Thinking it was a fluke I reposted it. Then looking into my email box i got a message asking me not to post stuff like that again and that my message had been deleted. I saw this message after reposting, so i deleted the content. Again, i already regret coming here with the info, but i do assure you all it was genuine. Don't believe it, not my problem.

Guest HowardHughes
Deleted per Admin request.
Yes. I posted it once and it got deleted. Thinking it was a fluke I reposted it. Then looking into my email box i got a message asking me not to post stuff like that again and that my message had been deleted. I saw this message after reposting, so i deleted the content.Again, i already regret coming here with the info, but i do assure you all it was genuine. Don't believe it, not my problem.
Rubbish.If the admin want something deleted they delete it. Crawl back under your bridge troll.

I deleted his last thread. Even if the story was remotely true, which I don't know, I have a feeling the alleged MS employee wouldn't want someone posting protected information over a forum. Nothing more nothing less.

I deleted his last thread. Even if the story was remotely true, which I don't know, I have a feeling the alleged MS employee wouldn't want someone posting protected information over a forum.Nothing more nothing less.
That is the right decision on your part in my opinion. From enraged developers who blast Microsoft to those who hint and spread innuendo, whether there is truth in it or not, is a bit much.Kind regards,

Don't believe it, not my problem.
I know I don't believe it.

Assuming it was true...Imagine some MS developer working on the flight project, which no one, in the grand scheme of things, remotely cares about. This big project he's working on and devoting probably at least a year of his life too... He goes to his wife's x-mas party and people say, Oh you work on X-Box!? He says, No, I'm working on Flight.They have a puzzled look on their faces, and he explains it's this complex real life flight simulator where people can buy pretend flight steering wheel thingeys and pedals and sometimes even talk to air traffic controllers over the internet...no really, it's true. EXACTLY like real pilots... It's this big cool world wide thing...I swear, it's going to be great.............No, I'm not working on Halo 3...Then one day he meets a guy on a ski slope of all places who was not only interested in his project, but interested in it before he mentioned it. He talks about it to him not realizing that this guy is secretly taking notes on the conversation for immediate dissemination on a website chock full of anti-Microsoft flight type guys....yeah better it be removed. I'd hate for this poor guy to lose his job over an innocent conversation on a ski lift.Most software developers know all to well what it's like to love what you do, while 99% of the public doesn't remotely care.If it was true....We'll all know soon enough anyway.

Noah Bryant

I don't remember the stories being this crazy before FSX was released, perhaps it was because I was enjoying FS9 so much that I did not care.

\Robert Hamlich/

I was abducted by an alien once....
I am an alien...I mean, I am an ALlenAs an ATC I once saw an object I could not identify, either physically or whatever,it to this date denies any scientific describability, even by leading world scientists I've mentioned it to.so I called it an Unidentifiable Flying Object, although even the word object only means it was the object of my description. and the labelling of flying was only because it was above ground... left to say 40 years later it remains certainly...unidentifiable.

Rubbish.If the admin want something deleted they delete it. Crawl back under your bridge troll.
Don't you hate when that happens....
I deleted his last thread. Even if the story was remotely true, which I don't know, I have a feeling the alleged MS employee wouldn't want someone posting protected information over a forum.Nothing more nothing less.

Assuming it was true...Imagine some MS developer working on the flight project, which no one, in the grand scheme of things, remotely cares about. This big project he's working on and devoting probably at least a year of his life too... He goes to his wife's x-mas party and people say, Oh you work on X-Box!? He says, No, I'm working on Flight.They have a puzzled look on their faces, and he explains it's this complex real life flight simulator where people can buy pretend flight steering wheel thingeys and pedals and sometimes even talk to air traffic controllers over the internet...no really, it's true. EXACTLY like real pilots... It's this big cool world wide thing...I swear, it's going to be great.............No, I'm not working on Halo 3...Then one day he meets a guy on a ski slope of all places who was not only interested in his project, but interested in it before he mentioned it. He talks about it to him not realizing that this guy is secretly taking notes on the conversation for immediate dissemination on a website chock full of anti-Microsoft flight type guys....yeah better it be removed. I'd hate for this poor guy to lose his job over an innocent conversation on a ski lift.Most software developers know all to well what it's like to love what you do, while 99% of the public doesn't remotely care.If it was true....We'll all know soon enough anyway.
Lets assume the poster's story is true....what do you mean by "poor guy" ...was the dude not under some kind of NDA you think, did he not know what a NDA was before he signed it, if the story is true and he opened his mouth, HE"S the only one to blame, not the poster, since when are we shooting the messenger....

I don't remember the stories being this crazy before FSX was released, perhaps it was because I was enjoying FS9 so much that I did not care.
They weren't because many of us were included in product testing, we had allot of information available to us about the product, Microsoft was conducting surveys on these forums with chosen simmers (myself included) as to what they wanted to see in the next title (suffice it to say 90% of the ideas never made it to the final product), and last but not least we had a couple Aces guys here in the forums communicating with us daily. Totally different dynamic when FSX was in development that's why FSX was such a let down when it was finally released.FS2k2 had allot of pride from the Aces team during development and upon completion as it was a serious advance over FS2000. FS2k4 was hailed as a Centry of Flight experience marketed along the historic marker of the First Powered Flight Celebration of the Wright Brothers. All three products previewed screenshots from around the world well before release. I can believe the original post here because of what I've seen before with FS releases. We'll know soon enough and it will be funny to see what side has egg on their face. I actually hope it's in my camp who believe Flight will be a very limited simulator, stay tuned...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest HowardHughes
Don't you hate when that happens....
It doesn't matter either way.Avsim have the equivalent of (or an actual) NDA in place after their meeting a few weeks back. They will not risk hosting anything that could potentially be true.Of course it clearly isn't. I'm not saying that Flight may start with smaller regions etc, I'm just saying that this guy has clearly not spoken to a Flight developer on a ski-lift LOL.gif

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.