Sign in to follow this  
TKent

Problem engaging autopilot - screenshot attached

I'm having trouble engaging autopilot on takeoff. Realistic autopilot engagement is set to "off" in preferences. Attached is a screenshot. At this point, I'm about 1,200 feet above ground level. If I click CMD A or B, I get a quick flash of green but it won't stay on.I can click HDG SEL and/or LVL CHG and they light up, but neither seems to have any effect on the aircraft (e.g., it doesn't turn -- maybe neither is supposed to work without the autopilot).I have this problem activating the A/P even after disconnecting external throttle/yoke, so I don't think yoke pressure or anything is involved (anyhow, I have realistic engagement switched off).I've read a lot of forum posts but I can't see anything that helps in this particular situtation. A super happy new year to anyone who has an idea. Well, a suiper happy new year in any case.Tom Kent

No screen shot. Make sure the generators are on line.

Dan Downs KCRP

How come you got 'STD' set on your altimeter at 1920 feet? And also your gear is down! You should also have a pitch and a roll mode activated on your MCP, preferably VNAV and LNAV, before engaging the A/P

Best I can tell your Flight Director is off. I'm not an expert on the 737 systems, but you might want to try turning both flight directors on, then select a mode, then engage an autopilot.

Autopilot won't engange as long as gear is down. Pull up your gear straight after takeoff, as one normally does and make sure trim is correct on takeoff. Then you should be ableto engange just fine.Also; there is no need to engage any other mode prior to engaging autopilot. A/P goes straight into HDG and LVL CHG mode automaticallyand so keeps the attitude of your aircraft at time of engagement. I never engage VNAV or LNAV until I am in an established climb and aboveacceleration alt.

Had the same thing the other day with SP1b, despite gear up, FDs both on, LNAV & VNAV armed prior to T/O.Remedy was to toggle the AP disconnect bar. After having done nothing else other than this, AP then decided to remain on. Hmm.

Best I can tell your Flight Director is off. I'm not an expert on the 737 systems, but you might want to try turning both flight directors on, then select a mode, then engage an autopilot.
The FD is on and the autothrottle is armed but there is nothing engaging it in a thrust mode.Maybe he just forgot to press TO/GA. Not sure if the FO's FD is on though.@ Tom.I don't understand why you have dialed in 250 for the speed. ( no V2 ) The actual speed is barely enough to get off the ground !If the pic is anything to go by, I would recommend doing the tutorial flight.The plane was not configured for takeoff.Hope I don't come across as being too critical. Just trying to be of help.Happy New Year to you also.Fred.

Hi Tom,Like Fred said, aircraft not configered for take-off. Gear still down,vors not turned on,flight directer off,heading bug not set on heading, speed not set, just a few of the problems.Jfriz

After making several touch and go suddently AP CMD A disengaged ; impossible to reactivate it ; BUT I can activate CMD B and continue my flight as co-pilot.?I can reactivate the Flight Director( FD) and the green FD annunciator is illuminated Result = the same NO Cmd A activation ... Cmd B = OKProcedure to fix it in flight ?

You click on a roll and pitch mode, and then you activate ap a or b
Where can I find "Pitch and roll" I dont see it thanks

Where can I find "Pitch and roll" I dont see it thanks
Pitch = V-NAV, LVL-CHG, ALT-HLDRoll= HDG SEL, L-NAVTry roll first, and than pitch. The company that I work for, we wait untill 3000 ft agl before engage V-Nav, and we take off with L-NAV engaged if you have a flight plan.

Hi Tom,Like Fred said, aircraft not configered for take-off. Gear still down,vors not turned on,flight directer off,heading bug not set on heading, speed not set, just a few of the problems.Jfriz
FD is on and speed is set. FD bars are not showing as no modes are selected on the MCP and A/T has not been armed. V-speeds are not programmed and confirmed in the FMS either.Speed should however be set to V2 on the MCP and not 250.Geir J.

Autopilot won't engange as long as gear is down.
This is not correct. You can engage autopilot with landing gear down as well as up.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg