Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

From PCmag.

I am happy right where I am. I was not pessimistic nor optimistic about Flight. There were many though who hit the nail on the head.MS could have provided more info, but they loved to monitor the forums just to hear the speculation.Bob
in others words . you are happy that you played like a politician .. heheh

in others words . you are happy that you played like a politician .. heheh
Maybe I should run for office.Bob

The world is not ending in 2012.
Is that speculation or fact?On another note, can we fly an ILS in this game?

We can fly ILS approaches only when you follow the golden floating coins to the runway. Then you get a level up with a magic mushroom. When are they going to port this to the wii?

Jim is still right here, waiting for that first jet to be released, then what?
Jim it's overIf you don't pay him they will roast you on here Edited by mikea76

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Jim is still right here, waiting for that first jet to be released, then what?
You'll be an old man by the time that happens.....Just%20Kidding.gif

When are they going to port this to the wii?
It's already available for the Nintendo 3DS under the name "Pilotwings Resort":Actually, Pilotwings Resort is a cool game, but its similarities to Flight are uncanny:
  • Limited to a single, large island
  • Features a number of different missions to test your skills
  • Free flight mode with hidden locations and other secrets to discover
  • Can be flown using authentic piloting procedures

O.K., that last one is a stretch. You can use authentic piloting procedures if you really want, but it doesn't make any difference as far as the game is concerned. However, I suspect the same is true of Flight, so maybe it's not such a stretch.

Edited by Mountain Man

It's this part that bothers me most and is dead wrong."The goal of the game is to coat a stringent simulation with a fun, candy-coated shell. "If I can take anybody and make them feel like a pilot, we've succeeded," said Joshua Howard, the game's executive producer."Mr. Howard, if you can you make anyone feel like a pilot then you have excluded your devoted flight sim followers who made you what you are today. We don't embrace flight sims because everyone can be a pilot, we embrace it because we understand it and take the time to learn it's machanics, take your candy coated shell and eat it cause I don't even want to taste it!

Is that speculation or fact?On another note, can we fly an ILS in this game?
No. Not at all. No ATC whatsoever either. No AI, no road traffic, no "living world" at all. I never thought I'd miss the dolphins, whales, elephants and birds.
take your candy coated shell and eat it cause I don't even want to taste it!
It's more like plastic coated dog feces really.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

We can fly ILS approaches only when you follow the golden floating coins to the runway. Then you get a level up with a magic mushroom.
now thats funny!I cannot imagine why MS would remove the ATC and AI...but then again, we're all up for surprises today..

Edit: lol, now that I wrote all that I'm going to delete it ;)I'll just say I'm worried about Flight's chances on the mean-mean streets of real garden variety gaming.IMO time to step back…possibly move some Zynga wannabe's around ;)…and focus on the strength in the franchise.unlock the MP servers, unlock the SDK, unlock the distribution...and let users play FS with all its intricate organic gameplay...the way fans have for a generation

Let me guess ...VORs, NDBs and ILSs will be available at the Flight store, for a wonderful price of 1$ each ?I know we'll have some margin to reach the 70$ of an Xplane 10 or a P3D, but hey, I think it will be a highway to reach them.

Edited by VPA481

I sincerely have to admire your optimism. After all the dust settles and people stop visiting this game's forum, you may be the only one left.
No he won't... There will be others, despite efforts to dissuade us... for what reason? I know not.

It's already available for the Nintendo 3DS under the name "Pilotwings Resort":Actually, Pilotwings Resort is a cool game, but its similarities to Flight are uncanny:
  • Limited to a single, large island
  • Features a number of different missions to test your skills
  • Free flight mode with hidden locations and other secrets to discover
  • Can be flown using authentic piloting procedures

O.K., that last one is a stretch. You can use authentic piloting procedures if you really want, but it doesn't make any difference as far as the game is concerned. However, I suspect the same is true of Flight, so maybe it's not such a stretch.

Who told you it is the same ?Flight is going to be worse because the FPS are not optimized, the Nintendo clouds looks more real and Nintendo trees model are far superior.Nintendo flight dynamics are far superior than Flight and close to the reality, I saw a 6 years old kid in the street yesterday who was playing it and to be honest I enjoyed a lot seeing him feeling of being a real pilot. I seriously doubt Flight will transmit me the same feeling of a Nintendo 3DS.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.