Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flyinpilot212121

Any motorcyclists around?

I am anxiously waiting the departure of the snow season, I know, still a ways to go.Well I decided to go get a snow scraper from my shed where I keep my bike stored for the winter, I made the mistake of taking the cover off her and having a sit down Big Big mistake :( , should have just grabbed the shovel and get out.Trying to keep occupied, figured I'd come on here and see if there are any other flight simmers who ride motorcycles? If so what do you ride??I ride a 2011 kawasaki Ninja :ph34r:Sooooo, what do you ride???

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You need to come down here in January - February and tour around New Zealand. The weather here right now is perfect and it is a great country to see on a motorbike.For me I am in-between bikes at the moment but looking to get a 1976 to 1978 Honda CB750. They are tough to find in New Zealand so I may have to ship one over here.Cheers

Hmmm, you speak negatively about NZ a lot... Is it really that bad? Lol

Hmmm, you speak negatively about NZ a lot... Is it really that bad? Lol
Oh yeah its terrible...LOL

Yeah another kiwi biker here, currently have a 675 Triumph Daytona and a Honda GB400ttWhat model Ninja u riding Gerry?

1985 V65 Sabre, bought new in '87. Been sitting in the shop for several yrs now alongside the 2004 King Cat that I don't ride either. :)Jim

Although both current health and weather keeping mine under wraps, I have a rather special Mk1 Suzuki 1200 Bandit.Although it looks pretty stanard from the outside, it has stage 3 dynojeting, high lift cam shafts and ignition advancers.I use to race bikes for while, then moved over to drag racing.I love to ride 'understated' bikes on the road. Great fun seeing the faces of superbike guys being left behind :(

Yeah another kiwi biker here, currently have a 675 Triumph Daytona and a Honda GB400ttWhat model Ninja u riding Gerry?
I bought kawis little 250, All i can afford insurance wise, but this time next year i will be looking at kawis zx-6r, by then my insurance rate for the 6R will drop by half.All in all quite happy with kawasakis product.

Heh, good to see a few Kwaka fans, I had a 250ninja as a learner bike, and owned a ZX7R for a few years, loved that machine...1997_sm.jpg

Heh, good to see a few Kwaka fans, I had a 250ninja as a learner bike, and owned a ZX7R for a few years, loved that machine...1997_sm.jpg
so i probably wont regret the zx-6r? Im quite excited to move to a bigger bike...... insurance is a downer :)

Hey Gerry, go for it, you'll love it. I've ridden all the recent Japanese 600's and to be honest there's not much in it, they're all fantastic bikes, it really comes down to a brand decisicon, go GREEN !!!! Money%20Eyes.gif

Your reply got me that much more excited, Im sporting the all black ninja right now, the 2011 models for the 250 only came in blue, black and a special edition white.The black one stood out the most to me out of all three of them, but when im set for the 6r ill be going green, both in model and color. muhahahahaha

I raced in the British championship and have had many many bikes. Northern Ireland is the biking capital of the world. I sold my 09 ZX10 a few months back as it was sitting gathering dust in my garage. Once youve raced its very hard to ride on the road again (at least being sensible). I will no doubt aquire something when the sun starts shining here.Heres a link to a pic of me on my RS250, taken from google.http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=alan+whitley&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&qscrl=1&nord=1&rlz=1T4GGLL_en-GBGB441GB441&biw=1920&bih=970&tbm=isch&tbnid=LdCjnh8MpQc1RM:&imgrefurl=http://www.tgreggphotos.com/alan-whitley&docid=R-Xi0iryEYCfRM&imgurl=http://www.tgreggphotos.com/imgs/gallerylarge/15a_6792_2736047.jpeg&w=600&h=400&ei=QRQOT4CnBorJ8gPhw6D1AQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=136&sig=110676069267986981285&page=1&tbnh=116&tbnw=154&start=0&ndsp=72&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=75&ty=72Alan

I raced in the British championship and have had many many bikes. Northern Ireland is the biking capital of the world. I sold my 09 ZX10 a few months back as it was sitting gathering dust in my garage. Once youve raced its very hard to ride on the road again (at least being sensible). I will no doubt aquire something when the sun starts shining here.Heres a link to a pic of me on my RS250, taken from google.http://www.google.co...s:0&tx=75&ty=72Alan
Nice!!!!!! I have just recently got into it (august) and I am soooo hooked its ridiculous, I am having the longest winter Ive ever had, knowing that I only got half a season at best on my bike, So winter is really bugging me!!!!! Think ill go pout in the corner for a bit.

79 - 750 Honda 4 LTD. I even have the original sales brochure. Bought it 2nd hand.JimCYWG

79 - 750 Honda 4 LTD. I even have the original sales brochure. Bought it 2nd hand.JimCYWG
Oh I NEED one of those.....Cheers

2010 Aprilia Mana 850 GT...here she is after getting RSV4 Sachs adjustable forks, brembo monoblocs, OZ Forged wheels and brembo radial brake setup...RSV4 Factory OZ wheels, RSV4 Sachs adjustable Forks, RSV4 brembo 100mm monobloc brakes, RSV4 Factory Rotors, Pilot Road 2 Spec B tires, HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, Carbon Heel-guards, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals6202255120_dc7cde68e8_b.jpg

Trying to keep occupied, figured I'd come on here and see if there are any other flight simmers who ride motorcycles? If so what do you ride??
Back in the 90's I used to race in what was then called the AMA Championship Cup Series and also a lot of events in the Willow Springs Motorcycle Club in California. I raced a CBR600 in the Supersport class, a GSXR-750 in the Superbike class and a GSXR-750 with an 1100cc motor crammed in it. Did both the sprint races as well as the GTS and GTO races which were more of an endurance race. I competed for about 4 years at it, but it got to be too much traveling in short amounts of time to make it really viable for me. I lived in Tucson and would have to drive to Phoenix which was ok, but the trips to Las Vegas and Willow Springs were harder since I would have to drive all night Friday just to be to the track on Sat morning. After a few years of it I had had enough, plus the cost of travel, paying for my crew to come, and everything else money related that comes with competing in motorsports got to be very expensive over time.I never got into street riding that much mainly just because I don't trust other drivers very much and in this day and age with people talking on cell phones and texting while driving I would be too worried about some idiot slamming into me. I've already been rear ended once in my car by a guy who was texting and didn't see me stopped at a red light. At the speed he was going it would have probably been fatel had I been on one of my bikes. Back in the '90's when I did ride on the street cell phone talking didn't seem to be as much of an issue for drivers as it is now, plus there wasn't such a thing as text messaging to distract drivers even further. If I was going to street ride now my head would be on such a swivel looking around me that I probably wouldn't enjoy it much. Plus, after having raced for years on tracks, riding on the street didn't provide me that much fun for me anymore as it had when I first started riding.

Suzuki gsx 750 es on a 89 plate, shes an old girl but she still goes like the clappers, paid £100 for her off a mate!

I've been riding 26 years, once for a living and now commuting 70 miles a day in and out of London.Current bike is a Honda NT700V Deauville - the ultimate day and night all weather capable long distance commuter! Ian

2010 Aprilia Mana 850 GT...here she is after getting RSV4 Sachs adjustable forks, brembo monoblocs, OZ Forged wheels and brembo radial brake setup...RSV4 Factory OZ wheels, RSV4 Sachs adjustable Forks, RSV4 brembo 100mm monobloc brakes, RSV4 Factory Rotors, Pilot Road 2 Spec B tires, HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, Carbon Heel-guards, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals6202255120_dc7cde68e8_b.jpg
Lovely bike Paul. About as much tweeking there as the average FS setup ;-)I used to ride, but not any more. Living in Poland the roads aren't so great and the majority of car drivers are complete --------s - plus it'd be a bit chilly in the winter. Every spring I start to get the urge though. One day, in sunnier climes :-)