Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GHarrall

J41 SP2 any chance of ever seeing this?

Seeing as the Turboprop forum seems to be ignored, I ask here regarding the promised SP2 for the J41.Can we ever expect to see this?Thank you.

The SP2 isn't going to be anything major if we were to release one guys - there's a new gauge for the FMS that fixes some very rare crash issues, plus a small fix to one of the 2D panels. That's basically it. If anyone wants those, submit a ticket and I'll send them to you.

Oh well, 11 months of waiting :-(Must have been a late decision I guess.

The SP2 isn't going to be anything major if we were to release one guys - there's a new gauge for the FMS that fixes some very rare crash issues, plus a small fix to one of the 2D panels. That's basically it. If anyone wants those, submit a ticket and I'll send them to you.
Nothing for the flashing texture issue?

That isn't something we can fix - it's caused by the FSX engine. We've never actually reproduced it ourselves here - only certain people see it and it seems to be related to some hard global limit on polys or animations in FSX - it's not just the airplane, it's everything in the FSX "world", which is what makes it so hard to trigger. Everyone begged for rain and ice on the windshield and all that - this is the price of doing things like that - the only likely "solution" we'd have for it is to get rid of those features, which you can already do via the config manager.

Ryan, I was hoping a SP2 would include new landing lights, similar to what you did with the NGX. This is becoming the norm now, and many developers are doing it. My thoughts were once you know how to do them, then applying them to an addon would be fairly quick and simple. Am I wrong on this?

Ryan, I was hoping a SP2 would include new landing lights, similar to what you did with the NGX. This is becoming the norm now, and many developers are doing it. My thoughts were once you know how to do them, then applying them to an addon would be fairly quick and simple. Am I wrong on this?
I'm not Ryan, but can answer your question just the same. Expecting a service pack for new features is just bad expectations. Service packs fix existing issues. New lights for the J41 like the NGX has isn't something as simple as adding lights as you might with A2A's Redux lights, and besides "...This is becoming the norm now, and many developers are doing it", isn't true at all. To their new products, yes, but who exactly has taken these new features and then gone back to all their older aircraft and applied them? Not trying to argue, just explain. All the old aircraft have old code, the best answer is in PMDG's own answer in stating the fact the NGX code is the new way for all new aircraft. Coded from the ground up.Now onto the actual SP, it is sad that's all it entails (or would if now being put as "if we decided to do one"). There are a few annoyances & annomolies that have nothing to do with the above mentioned that a lot of people have that can be read in the J41 forum. All of which are right on top.

Volumetric lights and FMS holds were never on the list for a J41 SP - those are very significant amounts of development time. Remember there were extra features already added in SP1 - it didn't have any 2D popups prior to that, options were added to the config manager, more robust FMS waypoint support was added etc. This was never intended to be a hardcore study-sim like the NGX is - there's a reason it's $45 instead of $70 or more. It's 2 1/2 years old now and I just don't see us going back to do more major development on it. As I said earlier, if you experience any CTDs etc I have an updated FMS gauge that should fix that, but aside from that I don't see us doing anything else.

Hi Mr. Ryan Maziarz,please help me. I've tried to get support via " http://support.precisionmanuals.com ". After my registration, I dont get a verification email.Please, can I get the new gauge for the FMS and so on.My order for PMDG BAe JetStream 4100 was placed September 05. 2009, 09:51.Thanks for your help.Best regardsHeinz Dieckmann

Hello,Could PMDG just release the SP2 as is. Or call is spmething like SP1a or something from the Website? No everyone will see this post IMHO.

I was hoping that my spoilers would work one day, but I guess they never will....
What's wrong with them? Again, this was not something that was ever on a service pack list - they work fine here as far as I've ever been able to tell.

The spoilers never visually deploy, Ryan. I have checked them from the external view just after touchdown (and after applying reverse prop pitch), but they never move. They are always armed before take off, and when I apply reverse prop pitch after touchdown, the green light comes on (which I assume is supposed to mean that they have been activated).

Same here. I found a weird "sweetspot" though that others have said doesn't work for them. What I do is wait until the last minute to arm them and they deploy. If I arm them any sooner than say, 500', or maybe over a minute, no deployment at all. I stop though since I bought that Fred Flinstone addon that plants my feet on the tarmac.Edit: That last part was a joke by the way. It's really Barnie.

I've never had an issue with the spoilers, and I arm at TOD. My memory is hazy, but I seem to recall that landing too fast doesn't let them deploy or something weird like that.But. can everyone who wants an SP2 to address an issue they have go up and re-read Ryan's first post in this thread? He will send you the files you need to make the fixes the SP2 would address. I don't have any major issues with the J41 and that is the primary bird I fly. I would hope they eventually get around to releasing the SP because it strikes me as something non-forum users out there might want, but he essentially told everyone that he'll send you the meat if you ask. I'm not really sure what more you could want immediately. Ryan, what is the CTD issue? I get CTDs from time to time in the J41 like any plane, but is there a speicfic "thing" I should look at vis a vis the FMS that would clue me in that the gauge would fix the issue?

Speaking of reading what Ryan wrote, maybe you should check that out post out before telling us to read it? It is for a specific issue and one I don't have a problem with Doug.Good to know that you can arm at TOD, a lot of us have no luck at all, yet mine work if waiting til the last minute. I post this stuff to maybe find out why and not as you put it.For those that might know, here are things I've ruled out.Many reinstalls with many different configurations.No logs with pmdg aircraft sadly so no help there.I often fly into default airports also for what it's worth to those that might know.Too many addons to list so very possible something else geting in the mix which is what I've suspected all along since it doesn't happen to everyone.The icingflashing texture artifacts I also have, but don't care at all about having that option on. Disabling it has always worked for me.

Hi,I seem to recall one of the reasons SP2 was originally slated was to fix the bezel lines issues. I seem to recall that the edges of the guages had a 'see through' slit so to speak all around the perimeter. Running some high AA and AF helps a little....but still quite noticable jumping into the J41. Wouold be nice to see that corrected, because otherwise - she runs beautifully for me!Thanks,Matt Stachowski

Ryan, what is the CTD issue? I get CTDs from time to time in the J41 like any plane, but is there a speicfic "thing" I should look at vis a vis the FMS that would clue me in that the gauge would fix the issue?
Most were very rare cases involving saved route files. If you're not seeing the J41 crash right after you select it in the menu, the updated dll will do absolutely nothing for you.

I have no issue with the spoilers deploying. Make sure you're not trying to confirm with the FSX replay function.

I think that sp2 or sp1a or whatever should be put in the support area so people would decide if they want to download it or not. I bought the plane in aerosoft so I don't know if it is possible a ticket from me. Please always let decide the users to download or not.Other thing about the flashing textures and triangles. Maybe there is a way you could send people a debug program to have all the information from users. That way you would have more testers, so you could find the problem.And another thing....I make planes for x-plane. Mine is the CRJ200 so I understand that everyplane cannot have infinite support. BUT you could work a little with the Jetstream and other airplanes and have some extra cash. Ideas:1. upgrade the 747 with new programming and sell the upgrade2. jetstream upgrade and sell it.that way you would be happy because you have more money.. and users happy because they have better planes. That is an idea.. only that. You have control....

I think that sp2 or sp1a or whatever should be put in the support area so people would decide if they want to download it or not. I bought the plane in aerosoft so I don't know if it is possible a ticket from me.Please always let decide the users to download or not.
It does absolutely nothing for people who aren't having issues - no point - there are no functionality changes.
Other thing about the flashing textures and triangles. Maybe there is a way you could send people a debug program to have all the information from users. That way you would have more testers, so you could find the problem.
We did this - it's not coming from our code, it's FSX getting overloaded.