Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

My First Forum “BANNED” ORBX

....... and it already has 18,648 views :Just Kidding:

That's mostly me. :sad:

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the Dark side but it's not the happy clappy place it once was.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

snip snip...

What is more shocking, is to find out that OZx seems to be going the same way. I've had huge respect towards that community, and how nice and diplomatic the climate has always been there.

well I have been lately a over at OZx again mostly hanging around watching, and I am honest to say, yes they went through some bad times, but there is just that little buzz starting to creep in and I think give a bit of time Ozx will be back to old times and even now I cant say I find anything wrong there currently and it is good to see that that is renewed interest to start making airports again. people might be inclined to have reserved some judgment over OZx based on some connection with some ORBX people in the background but I think it is unreasonable to throw them in the same handbag, but then that's my feeling.

Maybe time to go visit again Dex before saying OZx is going down the tubes.. you might be surprised to what you may find there at Ozx - and that is definitely nothing compared to ORBX moderation. Still a good place to visit every so now and again..

and that is definitely nothing compared to ORBX moderation. Still a good place to visit every so now and again

Probably true. I hope being in cahoots with ORBX does not tarnish a good community of hard working freeware developers. From the looks of it not all OZx developers were happy coming under the ORBX brand again. Good thing is that they did not merge the forums with ORBX. It's just strange to see this kind of juxtaposition; fun and relaxing niche hobby meets strict corporate policies.

Gentlemen,

Allow me ,if I may to put the OZX case !!!

Let me assure you of one thing, there is absolutely no similarity

between ORBX and OZx as far as the general atmosphere, or moderation( and I am a mod at OZx )

Its got to be a pretty serious offence to get banned from our forums and to cop a ban

usually means that something has gone on behind the scenes, which has been unacceptable.

True ,we lost our way a bit, when some devs moved camp, and others just decided that rather

than move camp, they would give the game away.

We lost an excellent developer in Mark Lee, who I believe just got sick of the politics and behind the scenes

bickering that was going on.

At this point ,the future was not looking so good, and I had grave fears for the future of OZx.

But then things began to improve.

Another sim group, who were to close their website, made OZx their new home, and there are some

talented devs starting to get together and organize things.

Through all of this I managed to keep the Flying Club running

and believe it or not, at the time when moral was pretty much at

its lowest, we could easily get up to 15 in our regular Friday night session.

So there was still life out there !!!

When Jaykae called for donations to help keep the site running

it quickly reached the target, and even, as I understand it, has a small surplus for

future use.

Also its worth noting that OZX is not strictly a flt sim site now, as Jaykae, in his efforts to

A. be even handed B. keep the place alive,

has included other interests such as bus simulation amongst others.

So I believe that with goodwill from within and support from you guys outside,

there will be some exciting new scenery coming thru, in particular for you

"bush flyers" our there who dont want to, or whose hardware cannot run

massive computer killing scenery.

So thats my positive take on all this.

Now for one negative and a warning.

You know, I only discovered this thread by accident and will probably will

not be a frequent poster, but my first post was, in a manner of speaking, dropping a

baited line into a pond, and seeing who got hooked.

Every word here is being closely monitored. And guess what !!!

within 2hrs, I got me a big one. !!

So thats all I wanted to say ( I thinks its enough, don't you?]

Except one final thought.

OZx and ORBX are not the same, with common sense and courtesy

you are all very welcome at our place.

Cheers

TonyM

Well Blik I don't know how I could make it more simple, I made the post on Thursday night (my time) then was banned from ORBX and OZx the next morning. And to be honest Jay has made it worse for himself, I was told I could download stuff as a guest but I still can't which in turn supports OZx doesn't it? It's like being banned from ORBX but going one step further and stopping someone from buying an ORBX product.

Every word here is being closely monitored. And guess what !!! within 2hrs, I got me a big one. !!

Just so I don't go making assumptions, what does the "big one" mean? I think I can guess, but please make sure I know. :Nerd:

Hey Tony,

I know certain people reading this won't give two sh!&s about this, but it's rather upsetting I was kicked out of the Flying Club. I was told it was my attitude in my post that got me banned, be nice if somebody told me what sort of negative attitude I displayed in my original post if any.

Hey Hendo !,

I was kicked out of the Flying Club

Not to my knowledge !!!, but because the club operates within

OZx, any ban you copped, I guess, it kinda means just that.

And of course as TS3 is an integral part of our flying... well...

My original advice to you still stands, but of course, only you can decide.

Cheers

TonyM

Hey Tom,

Thanks for allowing me to post here !!!! Big%20Grin.gif

To quote an old army saying "no names, no pack drill "

But I did say "big" not "biggest"

Cheers

TonyM

Not to my knowledge !!!, but because the club operates within

OZx, any ban you copped, I guess, it kinda means just that.

And of course as TS3 is an integral part of our flying... well...

Yep banned form both.

Hendo,

Yep banned form both.

Not anymore !!!!!!!!

Just see what a little goodwill rather than confrontation can achieve.

Over to you now, see you online next Friday !!

But remember, I have a can of I TRIED TO USE A PROFANITY HERE - AREN'T I STUPID! repellant close by my mic He%20He.gifHe%20He.gif

Cheers :drinks:

TonyM

But remember, I have a can of I TRIED TO USE A PROFANITY HERE - AREN'T I STUPID! repellant close by my mic He%20He.gifHe%20He.gif

and dont underestimate that little can

:Peace: :Peace:

My goodness... We are just trying to have some fun with a flying game... To leave the busy world behind us and relax a little... We spend (a lot of) money on our hobby and as a result we end up fightning online and being furstrated and angry... Isn't it sad? Isn't this topic utterly sad? And isn't it sad that this is one of the biggest, hottest and most watched topics over here?

Yes, I know I am one of those guys who fueled this topic and this post may make me look like a terrible hypocrite, but I regret some (if not all) of the posts I made about my views on Orbx. I sometimes acted like a little spoiled kid. Don't get me wrong: I didn't as much change my view on it all now, but I do think I should have been more wise and mature in my reaction.

I think MS Flight brought me to my senses. I am having simple and big fun with that game. I haven't simmed so much in a game in years. And everytime I start up MS Flight I am looking forward to some more fun times again. Just simple and good fun. And that's why I am in this hobby. And I guess (and hope) that's why everyone here is in this hobby. Not to read or post bad things about each other. Or to get frustrated or angry or upset or whatever.

So I decided to leave this all behind me. I will honestly try to not bring any more damage to my hobby in whatever possible way. I will look ahead instead and enjoy what I've got. I thank Orbx and all third party developers for the extreme joy they have given me with their products. I enjoyed most of my purchases and it was great. I am thankful for every great moment I had in FSX (and previous versions) thanks to their addons. I sincerely apologize for any damage I might have done to somebody's business. And now I will move on to enjoy MS Flight and the bright future I think it has. Good luck to everyone and please... try to enjoy and be happy with what you've got.

Maybe it is time by now to lock this topic, be done with it and move on to better and more uplifting things? :wink:

P.S. If I still had access to the Orbx forum I would have posted something similar there, but well, I don't have access there anymore (on my own request btw!). But I am sure this message will reach the people who concern this over there. Peace to all and God bless.

P.S. 2: I might have posted something similar in some other subforums too: discussions about flight simming can get overheated every now and then and I wonder why... It only spoils things. Anyway, I will try to be a positive contributor only to this forum from now on, no matter what. So please, whenever I tend to overreact or something like that, please tell me to behave and simply enjoy my hobby, thank you! :wink:

People will decide when this topic is done with , it will just drop of the first page and be gone, just becasue you (Jeroen) have moved onto MS flight and left FSX behind does not been people still into FSX cannot see whats happening within our sim.

There is not 19,000+ views on this topic for nothing.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip