Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

My First Forum “BANNED” ORBX

Perhaps he's just given up hacking people off for Lent!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

:(
If any picture could say a thousand words, it's gotta be this one Dave :(

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Well after reading that= http://www.orbxsyste...forum/index.phpI have to use it again

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

:( I nearly fell off my chair laughing at this!

So the sale says 'all products' but Swanson is not included because its a new product.Quote:"Swanson is not part of the sale because it is a new release and new releases are generally not immediately discounted for obvious reasons"This is exactly what happened at Christmas. The new releases WERE discounted.Anyway, not bothered but its a good sale in general and the p3d news is very welcoming.

I should clarify my previous post by saying that if this policy had been followed at the Xmas sale, we would not have had all the problems.

I'll second that Glenn.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

It sure is.Good to see your back Howard although I thought you were more vocal on here than me as I am still banned :)But silly us for thinking we are valued customers.“Our customers aren't loyal because of how I behave and communicate. Anyone who thinks that is fooling themselves”What fools we are.This sums it all up well for me.“Arrogant”"making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud.When a person is led to believe that they are in some way more superior to everybody else.“In fact when I see comments from people calling me arrogant, I generally take that as a compliment since it reminds me of my Dutch heritage”I’ve always found Dutch people to be per light and respectful.To sum up I feel a fool, I bought 2 of their products when they were still asking for investors with 25K to invest in them and I wanted to in a small way help out and bought 2 products just to support them just like I bought the A2A P40, not a plane that I like the looks of but A2A are small and ……well that’s just the fool l must be.If only these people like that had a shop and had to deal with people face to face, food for thought.With 1300 views in just over a day and with all the very kind PM I have got, it just shows the other side of there "Reputation"
I was going to pick up a bunch of add-ons during this sale until I read this post.Now...no thanks!If that's how they view customer service, than they can go pound sand.If I am overreacting, somebody let me know. lol

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I was going to pick up a bunch of add-ons during this sale until I read this post.Now...no thanks!If that's how they view customer service, than they can go pound sand.If I am overreacting, somebody let me know. lol
You call it as you see it. Personally I don't think it's right to reward a company that acts this way with sales, because being hurt in their pocket is the only way this particular individual will change.You know just what you are going to get when you cross somebody who is proud of being arrogant, and we all know what comes before pride.Don't get me wrong, they make great products, but I personally believe more goes into making a great company than just products.

Don't get me wrong, they make great products, but I personally believe more goes into making a great company than just products.
Yes, you are right, all else being equal. Good products may be the material, but good service is the product and trustworthy people is the glue that binds them together for success. Lose one of these three core ingredients and the structure will collapse, always.

Hi Stephen, Well I've made use of the sale to buy CRM and a few more NA fields. It's everyones personal decision of course but for me it's a question of not cutting your nose off to spite your face?

Frankly despite the damage done by the actions of a few? ...an individual? ....whatever the source, at the official site I look at it from the following perspective.

Firstly this unofficial forum allows constructive discussion, free from restrictive rules, and with a membership that collectively have wide experience of the software.

Secondly Software is like a book. It has an author/compiler/creator AND a publisher. The actions of sections of the publisher are probably beyond the influence of the author/compiler/creator's who may well be contracted to that publisher?

The difference between a publisher of software and literature is the need for support? Despite the silliness that's had the huge benefit of creating this forum section and the annoyance of being excluded without notification or justification from the official forum we still have access to support ....At least I assume we all have?

So basically we have quite a few plusses? Good Product, Supported and now an independant and informed forum. The minuses are that to buy the product the few folk who behaved badly (IMO) still benefit from those sales. However the folk who had no part in that also benefit? The creator/developers, the resalers etc. But really anyone of us who's worked for a large or even medium sized organisation has had to deal with colleagues who have been annoying, incompetent, untrustworthy, devious etc.etc. You can list all human failings, sometimes in multiples?! The fact is we just have to get on with our objectives despite them. Usually we contrive to work around them to minimize any interaction. In almost all cases the good guys win. They win because they enjoy dealing with one another?

From my point of view the source of irritation has been bypassed and even replaced with a better alternative. However with a limited budget and plenty of other good FSX add-ons to spend it on I'm always going to be looking for special offers to buy any of it.

I've said some of this before but I think we've moved to a better place since this thread began. Recent actions seem to have shown a change of heart ...and even if they haven't the prices of the product for the next month are very competitive with other publishers work.

As I said it's personal choice? I also like to give anyone at least a second chance....

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Hi

Just thought I would say hello to all the people I have talked to over the last few years. I have not touched FSX for a few months but have decided to come and try again. Funny how things change, I have been watching AVSIM since 2008 and hardly made any entries. Hiya Howard, Spiritflyer and Alan2 nice to see both of you again, wondered where you were. I will be popping in again hopefully with something more constructive to say :drinks:

Ken

Hi

Just thought I would say hello to all the people I have talked to over the last few years. I have not touched FSX for a few months but have decided to come and try again. Funny how things change, I have been watching AVSIM since 2008 and hardly made any entries. Hiya Howard, Spiritflyer and Alan2 nice to see both of you again, wondered where you were. I will be popping in again hopefully with something more constructive to say :drinks:

Ken

Hey Ken,

Good to see you again. Don't be shy and jump right in.

Hi Ken

:)

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip