Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

My First Forum “BANNED” ORBX

Odd how people can complain about censorship and posts being deleted on other forums and then ask for a thread to be locked once they have finished their contribution to this one! As has been mentioned above, once everyone has finished saying what they want to say the thread will sink to the bottom page of page 21 and be forgotten.

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

People will decide when this topic is done with , it will just drop of the first page and be gone, just becasue you (Jeroen) have moved onto MS flight and left FSX behind does not been people still into FSX cannot see whats happening within our sim.

There is not 19,000+ views on this topic for nothing.

True, of course. My remark about a lock was on a sidenote and with a smiley and not the main point of my post. :wink: I'd also like to add that even though this post coincides with my move to MS Flight it doesn't mean I wouldn't have posted this if I had still been flying in FSX (which I haven't uninstalled yet because of the PMDG 737NGX btw)!

About the 19.000+ views: that doesn't necessarily has to be a positive thing. A lot of people like to watch accidents and rows and fights... :wink: A lot (if not most) of those 19000 views may have been 'for nothing', if you know what I mean. (I am sometimes very sorry English isn't my native language because it sometimes is quite hard to put into words what I exactly mean... :wink: )

Odd how people can complain about censorship and posts being deleted on other forums and then ask for a thread to be locked once they have finished their contribution to this one! As has been mentioned above, once everyone has finished saying what they want to say the thread will sink to the bottom page of page 21 and be forgotten.

I didn't simply ask for a thread to be locked, as I just posted above. Pity you both are focusing on that one line in my post and say nothing about the rest because it distracts from the point I was trying to make. Well, my bad, I guess: I shouldn't have added that line. :wink:

I didn't simply ask for a thread to be locked, as I just posted above. Pity you both are focusing on that one line in my post and say nothing about the rest.

The rest didn't interest me. You've left FSX and ORBX behind and moved to Flight. You've told us all that 100 times already, and yet you're still here!

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Come on fellas, give Jeroen a bit of slack!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I was poking around the Orbx forum yesterday, and found a post I recall from 2010, when Stephen started a thread about the best method to tweak autogen when flying in PNW. And I still use those settings today. What pi$$'d me off was seeing "Limited User" underneath his avatar and user name. And in that thread, Orbx staff thanked him for his wonderful contribution.

What puzzles me, and I am sure others, that after 19,000 views on this topic alone, that they have not implemented some sort of damage control. If it was me, I would remove the ban, and apologise, and somehow rebuild my relationship with my customers. But I'm not Orbx.

It would be folly for them to think that this disconnection from a large number of there customers won't effect there bottom line, past present and future.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

It would be folly for them to think that this disconnection from a large number of there customers won't effect there bottom line, past present and future.

The thing is, we are not a large number of their customers. Most people are prepared to put up with all the nonsense because the thought of not being able to belong to the club anymore is too much to risk. The vast majority of Simmers want to feel part of something and so will not do anything which could be seen as subversive in any way and would rather go with the flow if not be plain obsequious or sycophantic. We, or those of us who actually have been banned at least are relatively small in number and as such don't really affect the bottom line at all. What are we - 20 or 30 people as a conservative estimate? And all but one or two of us are still buying the products anyway so why should they care!

The rest didn't interest me. You've left FSX and ORBX behind and moved to Flight. You've told us all that 100 times already, and yet you're still here!

LOL If you had paid some interest to the rest you would have understood (I hope) that my post has nothing to do with leaving FSX or Orbx behind. I might have also posted what I did if I still was completely into FSX. But well, I didn't post what I did to start yet another online row for others to enjoy, so I will leave it at this. :wink:

Come on fellas, give Jeroen a bit of slack!

:drinks:

I've Spend £200 with FSDream team in the past 2 week that would normally have gone to Orbx.

All they had to do was if they where not happy with someone is send then a PM explaining what they did wrong and that "this is a warring and if you keep doing it you will get banned etc etc" But they don't, they don't even tell you when you send them a PM asking why.

And I still use those settings today. What pi$$'d me off was seeing "Limited User" underneath his avatar and user name. And in that thread, Orbx staff thanked him for his wonderful contribution.

Says a lot does it not.

I've said it before and I will again how many people here could of easy sorted out what ever problem Orbx had with them with a simple PM, I could have easy and even if that mean a sincerely apology from myself if I need'ed to.

But hey it does not matter anymore.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I didn't as much change my view on it all now, but I do think I should have been more wise and mature in my reaction.

I sincerely apologize for any damage I might have done to somebody's business.

Don't you think Orbx should have been more wise in their reactions?

They did it to themself, don't blame yourself.

Absolutely Alain...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Oh, I am not blaming it on myself, but I should have been the wiser one, which I think I am now. :wink: As I said, my view on what has happened hasn't changed at all, but I shouldn't have let it get to me as it did. There are worse things in life that can happen to you. That's it, really.

I think this thread should remain, at least until it dies a natural death so to speak.

This thread serves a useful purpose in that potential buyers of ORBX products can get an insight into how potentially they could be treated if they 'step out of line'.

It's a clear message also to ORBX that bad news travels faster than good, as evidenced by the number of thread views, and who knows maybe ORBX may stretch out the hand of reconciliation when they realise just how much their actions have cost them in potential revenue both from past customers and future ones as well.

My opinion is that emotion has no place in business, particularly when dealing with customers and in my opinion certain people within ORBX would do well to step back when tempted to 'fly of the handle'.

If they can't do that then maybe they should consider removing themselves from dealing with customers personally.

Bryan.

If they can't do that then maybe they should consider removing themselves from dealing with customers personally.

I think they have to a large extent. The chief protagonist in all of this has been virtually silent for quite a while now. I have a feeling that was probably a group desicion :wink:

Yep Hendo, Jay has unbanned you :)

I always considered Jay as a very fair man, long long time ago I had a go at it with him about REX (before REX was released) and I had to apologise since I was in the wrong, he was very fair.

Oh, I am not blaming it on myself, but I should have been the wiser one, which I think I am now. :wink: As I said, my view on what has happened hasn't changed at all, but I shouldn't have let it get to me as it did. There are worse things in life that can happen to you. That's it, really.

You are right, there are worse things that can happen to a man, but there is nothing wrong by calling a spade a spade.

I think they have to a large extent. The chief protagonist in all of this has been virtually silent for quite a while now. I have a feeling that was probably a group desicion :wink:

Don't bet all your money on that...... :Nerd: