Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

My First Forum “BANNED” ORBX

The only think you could do is ask Jay Kae about OZx as I don't see why what you say about Orbx should get you banned from there, Good Luck with that Hendo.

hahahahahaha, maybe the day I die and I'm still only 16.

Yes Alain that's another way to put it, nice to see you understood it and didn't get all sensitive by a 16 year old's post.

Sorry about what hapened to you, I'm sure you were enjoying beta testing for them, I was sixteen once.....bronze age.

I always said that Orbx had very good scenery no matter what, they still have some of the best scenery and I'm sure you had a blast testing for OZx.

I don't care if Orbx as the best scenery cause I'm done with them, 'wanna" know something funny.....I was sure I would not survive Orbx withdrawal, I can proudly tell you that my name is Alain and I'm Orbx free for around 12 months now....

I know a lot of guys here are struggeling with the addiction......to all Orxx junkie reading this.......if you can't kick the habit please seek help here in this forum........ :Clown:

Funny I was in full support for OZx to get back up and running after ORBX themselves tried to kill it truth be told.

Sorry to see this latest turn of events. I've been following this thread but haven't posted in a long while - it seemed that things might have run their course and I didn't see what could be gained by rehashing old grievances. I was also hopeful that the situtation might be improving. Speaking personally, I appreciated the offer of a free Swanson that some of us received, the clear exclusion of new products from the current sale, and the change in pricing policy on the P3D side-by-side license. I'd been about to post something to that effect. Seems to me it's only fair that if I crticize bad behavior, I should also say something positive about good behavior. And then I read what happened to Hendo. Seems like we've got a way to go, yet. A shame.

Hi,

So this is where you all are...

I was wondering where all the whingers went !!!!! :Party: :Party:

Only kidding....mind if I join ya .

I want senior preferred status, as i have been banned more often and longer than a lot of you guys.

OK, serious now

Sad to read back thru this thread, I always felt I was singled out but know now that was NOT the case.

At least the OZx forum has rebounded and looks like taking off with some good new

scenery in the pipeline.

And the flying club is still cruising along.

Hendo,

i dont know what happened in your case.

Getting an ORBX ban is no big deal these days, but from OZx......well....

I have enormous respect for Jaykae, he has walked a fine line between the

two camps for a long time, and I reckon has put up with a lot of s**t for quite a while now.

So my advice my friend, is to step back, mend any bridges that you may

have broken, and get back to just enjoying the hobby.

And to all you other guys, great to see your still around.

Cheers :Hug:

TonyM

Hey Tony,

Nice to hear from you mate.

And the flying club is still cruising along.

Well yes after I tried to kick off some Thursday night training flights and provided some ATC which you guys seem to have liked, it looks like I've been kicked from the Flying Club as well. But I'll still have my ways. Nothing is stopping me from joining the multiplayer sessions and one way or another I can easily find out what is happening on those Friday night flights I love :Peace: .

So my advice my friend, is to step back, mend any bridges that you may have broken

Yere, as much as I may try I don't think that will happen-

you are banned from all my free services I provide which includes OZx TS and forums. You can download stuff as a guest but not as a member.

It still begs the question Tony why a comment that was directed at ORBX got me banned from OZx, maybe one of the multiple guests viewing this topic could answer that in public. *cough* *cough*.

Anyways nice to talk to you Tony, like I said there's still DTP which I'm on majority of the time now

Cheers.

Welcome Hendo and good to see you Tony here at the club.. may I say a very exclusive club... You need to be something special to end up here.. :LMAO:

EDIT:

Well I checked my ozx access and I can at least still access that forum..

Well this truelly does not make any sense as I have been banned about 4 or 5 times I think over at Orbx and I have been very outspoken towards Orbx even so that I have been re-reprimanded here by Tom to be a bit more cautious of my wording and even that did not get me fired from Ozx.. As some-one else said jaykae have been always been running a tight ship trying to separate Ozx and Orbx, but I guess from the time Orbx literally took control of Ozx and actually almost killed it in the process, I am not too sure what is happening behind the scenes and who pulls what strings where and when at Ozx, but I guess Jaykae is just carrying out orders, as I honestly can say I dont think jay just did it for the linking of banning you for no reason at all at Ozx for something you said over here. (but then again I have been wrong about people in the past - I hope this is not another one as I have had a lot of time for Jaykae).

It still begs the question Tony why a comment that was directed at ORBX got me banned from OZx, maybe one of the multiple guests viewing this topic could answer that in public. *cough* *cough*.

Hendo you sure it was a comment HERE at Avsim that got you banned.. has that been confirmed or is it speculation. It's not that I dont believe you but if that is indeed the case then someone has completely lost their marbles..!

Maybe it was because you were "part" of the team and spoken publicly out on ORBX, it did not sit well, because being beta tester/developer at OZx, I think it was thought that you opening your mouth was "improper"

You sure that there is no way that you willing to discuss this Jaykay even if it is just to get clarity to why and the reasons.. I mean if I make a mistake I want to know what i did wrong so that I dont make that mistake a second time.. that is what we call getting life "experience".

I hate sittting on the wall :Thinking:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hey Blik,

I was 'demoted' from ORBX in mid January and only now Jay has had a hissy fit from it since I did not release an airport. But that was mid January, almost 3 months ago! So I don't know.

The comment was not directed at Jay nor OZx, but ORBX. I never hated ORBX but I was never a ######. So why was I banned from both? Again, maybe one of the 'mysterious' guests that like to hide could answer that :Hypnotized:

Hendo,

i dont know what happened in your case.

Getting an ORBX ban is no big deal these days, but from OZx......well....

I have enormous respect for Jaykae, he has walked a fine line between the

two camps for a long time, and I reckon has put up with a lot of s**t for quite a while now.

So my advice my friend, is to step back, mend any bridges that you may

have broken, and get back to just enjoying the hobby.

TonyM

Well again from my point of view I have to agree with you Tony, that Jay always has been running a tight ship and done a bloody good job of it over at Ozx, so Tony your advice is by far the best anyone can give a young man. :Applause: If we cant learn from our mistakes we will never gain any experience.

Hendo,

take some advice from a real old bummer who's have been around a bit maybe too long, who learned to see a bit further then my nose is long.

Let it go mate.. if you not willing to mend things, move on quietly. Unfortunately this is an ORBX thread so lets not get sidetracked and draw in Ozx here.... because frankly speaking I dont believe that you got banned at OZx for saying some silly thing about ORBX, over here at avsim. Common sense, it just do not make any sense..

*cough* *cough* ........if you catch my drift, :Peace:

Rockliffe is there some place for me on the wall

So why was I banned from both? :Hypnotized:

Hendo

well to be honest I have always known why I was banned and nobody had to spell it out for me, because only something I said or done have had that consequence :Confused:

...just my 2 cents. *cough* *cough* (Strepsils anyone ??)

Shift over lads.

"You're banned!" :mad:

"Why?" :unsure:

"Not telling you." 8P

:Thinking:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Gotta say this was an interesting thread to read. I've been out of simming for a couple of years and lately been starting to catch up what's been going on in this hobby. I've never bought any ORBX products, because from the start, I have had sort of a negative image about the company, just by judging their forums and how certain people have interacted there with their customers. Actually it's not very surprising that it has come to this. What is more shocking, is to find out that OZx seems to be going the same way. I've had huge respect towards that community, and how nice and diplomatic the climate has always been there.

But the way ORBX is moderating their forums is laughable. The high-hat attitude is just plain silly. Just for a comparison's sake I mention Aerosoft, which is far bigger company and has wider range of quality products, and still they can take criticism very well and their forums are still very demographic place to discuss and the big boss Mathijs seems to be a reasonable fella.

And after my simming break it is also sad to see some of my favorite developers have hopped aboard the ORBX wagon. I would like to support those guys but since they are on the dark side, I won't. And that one scenery that could have been The Emma Field is now merely a Cushman Meadow.

But this thread is really nice and discussion on it is healthy, and it already has 18,648 views :Just Kidding: