Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

04FEB12 Update on SP1c and a few other items...

My opinion on the timeframe? How can you not read that from my post? I can ellaborate though: I see the scenery, mesh, lightning and the amount of 3D objects (also in autogen mind you) far far better in XP10 than in FSX - I don't think anyone would argue that. And remember that XP10 is still a work in progress. So when you say "...at almost the same quality as FSX has today..." I must say that the DEFAULT quality of XP10 is far better than the DEFAULT quality of FSX. So can we expect to see developers make aircrafts, scenerys and the likes for XP10 within a couple of years? PMDG said some days ago that they are allready in the process, Aerosoft have already made some scenerys and have started to make the ATR-72 together with McPhat Studios, FSDT are doing them - how can you disagree?You wrote: "... In X-Plane 10 there are not (now) quality addons in any perspective (aircrafts, sceneries, weather engine, AI traffic...)..."- I stated that Aerosoft has made some excellent scenerys and the Jrollon has created a very high quality aircraft. Are you aksing me now, if there are more than the ones I mentioned? Why? My answer covered your statement in full. I suggest you do a google tour yourself, I think I made my points of disagreement quite clear.And regarding the name,, (sigh) - please don't act like an admin, I've been signing my 188 post with my first name, and had some of those post quoted by admins, so I think it'll all be ok Capt. Riccardo.Sorry to come off a bit offended, but that was in fact what I was from your reply - I didn't mean to upset you Capt. by disagreeing with your statesments ;)Mas
I don't act like as an admin, otherwise I would have already deleted your post (maybe), it was simply a suggestion and not an imperative action required to you. :) Just to clarify my opinions on X-PLane 10, I consider the time span of 1-2 years too less. I did not state that X-Plane will never be a fully developed platform. I'll repeat, it is my interest to have a fully developed X-Plane 10 (because I am a Linux OS user) but now (NOW and probably in next two years) nobody can say that X-PLane 10 has the same development like FSX.Close.Bye.

@PeterMas is my real name... You want my surname i guess?@Capt. RiccardoI respectfully disagree - I do think that in two years XP10 will be better and more stunning with just as top-notch aircrafts as we have now for FSX. Let's hope I'm right, shall we ? ;) but who am I to venture a guess. I'm not a software developer and I'm not IT-smart, so heck - it could be 10 years for that matter...Sorry to have upset anyone, re-reading my post I see now I acted like an &@($* - sorry. In a much better mood now.Mas

Edited by mas618

@PeterMas is my real name... You want my surname i guess?@Capt. RiccardoI respectfully disagree - I do think that in two years XP10 will be better and more stunning with just as top-notch aircrafts as we have now for FSX. Let's hope I'm right, shall we ? ;) but who am I to venture a guess. I'm not a software developer and I'm not IT-smart, so heck - it could be 10 years for that matter...Sorry to have upset anyone, re-reading my post I see now I acted like an &@($* - sorry. In a much better mood now.Mas
Not a problem Mas. :smile:Don't worry.We have different opinions but (as I stated) if X-Plane 10 will be the best in next two years, as your guess, I could not be absolutely happy, because I could use it along with my Linux OS, which is not possibile at the moment.Bye.

SDK appears to be finished:======================The SDK appears to be finished- and we've had a few folks working with it testing functionality. We corrected a few things that they reported back with- and we feel it is good to go. The SDK is synched to SP1c, so we are goign to hold of pushing it out the door until SP1c also goes out- as you cannot use one without the other.
Hello PMDG folks,I asked the question already but unfortunately got no answer until now!Will this SDK made available to all end customers who have purchased the PMDG 737NGXor will it be made available only to commercial suppliers of Ad-Ons or hardware(as you mention it in the manual "PMDG 737 Introduction" on page 0.00.20)?I ask this questions since I am in a process of building my own cockpit usingBU0836X boards for inputs (which work already for a lot of functions of the glair and OVHD)and now I intend to use LED- and Servo control boards from open cockpit for annunciators and gauges.These boards require own scripts based on SIOC. It already works on my setup fore.g. flap indicator and gear control since for this you use the standard FSUIP offsets.But for a working OVHD or glairshild annunciators I would need the SDK.Therefore I like to ask if I "as an endcustomer" will get access to the SDK and can start purchasingthe control boards from Open Cockpit, or is it recommended to wait for an supplier whoprovides a plug and play solution like the OVHD from VRi.Any hint are very much appreciated.(If I have overseen a post that already have answered this question, please forgive me and guide me to it. I surved a lot but could not find a statement around this topic)ThanksDietmar

Hello PMDG folks,I asked the question already but unfortunately got no answer until now!Will this SDK made available to all end customers who have purchased the PMDG 737NGXor will it be made available only to commercial suppliers of Ad-Ons or hardware(as you mention it in the manual "PMDG 737 Introduction" on page 0.00.20)?I ask this questions since I am in a process of building my own cockpit usingBU0836X boards for inputs (which work already for a lot of functions of the glair and OVHD)and now I intend to use LED- and Servo control boards from open cockpit for annunciators and gauges.These boards require own scripts based on SIOC. It already works on my setup fore.g. flap indicator and gear control since for this you use the standard FSUIP offsets.But for a working OVHD or glairshild annunciators I would need the SDK.Therefore I like to ask if I "as an endcustomer" will get access to the SDK and can start purchasingthe control boards from Open Cockpit, or is it recommended to wait for an supplier whoprovides a plug and play solution like the OVHD from VRi.Any hint are very much appreciated.(If I have overseen a post that already have answered this question,please forgive me and guide me to it. I surved a lot but could not finda statement around this topic)ThanksDietmar
Short answer: Yes. PMDG has stated on several occasions that the SDK will be available to all users of the NGX.http://forum.avsim.n..._1#entry2060897

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Short answer: Yes. PMDG has stated on several occasions that the SDK will be available to all users of the NGX.http://forum.avsim.n..._1#entry2060897
Many Thanks Dennis,this is very much appreciated!I surved a lot but have not seen this - only discussions around timing, EULA and FS2Crew....probably have not looked enought back, since this was from summer last year.....

I hear the locksmith at the door.
Not understood :( ? English is not my native, so I wouldn't mind learning a new joke?Mas

Not understood :( ? English is not my native, so I wouldn't mind learning a new joke?Mas
Don't feel bad. English is my only language and I didn't get it

I'm so happy PMDG is working on an Xplane aircraft. Its a really good simulator. Most the people who bash XP have never really given it a good try. Installing XP and running it for 5 min then switching back to FSX is not trying Xplane.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

I'm so happy PMDG is working on an Xplane aircraft. Its a really good simulator. Most the people who bash XP have never really given it a good try. Installing XP and running it for 5 min then switching back to FSX is not trying Xplane.
Although X-Plane is a good platform, I feel not only more comfortable in FSX but I also have a lot more freedom to fly and go where I want with the current selection of add-ons.

Where is download?
Do you mean this?http://www.x-plane.com/downloads/landing/

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW