Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

04FEB12 Update on SP1c and a few other items...

@FaboThere are other products that are officially licensed by aircraft manufacturers too, such as the PMDG 747 and NGX.
Those are licensed in the sense that Boeing gave permission to stick their logo on the side and maybe provided some assitance during development as well (even FSX itself is a licensed product of Boeing and Cessna if I remember what it says on the box). That doesn't mean they are licensed as a training aid.

So....the wait for the SDK continues. Ah well...hadn´t thought it would be out any time soon.

Those are licensed in the sense that Boeing gave permission to stick their logo on the side and maybe provided some assitance during development as well (even FSX itself is a licensed product of Boeing and Cessna if I remember what it says on the box). That doesn't mean they are licensed as a training aid.
This. Meanwhile the PT Tu-154 I am talking about is certified as "training aid of the OKB Tupolev Flight Training Center" or something to that effect.

Wow, awesome update! Out of curiosity, this does also mean that PMDG products will start running on Macs, or are there code dependencies that will make it impossible for it to run on Macs?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Out of curiosity, this does also mean that PMDG products will start running on Macs, or are there code dependencies that will make it impossible for it to run on Macs?
Is it not a bit too early to ask that? It was not even decided yet which project will be ported to XPL (I imagine you are talking about XPL on OSX situation).Anyway I am looking forward, an NGX in X-plane would be marvelous, with the scenery development that Aerosoft is supposed to release for XPL native...

Is it not a bit too early to ask that? It was not even decided yet which project will be ported to XPL (I imagine you are talking about XPL on OSX situation).Anyway I am looking forward, an NGX in X-plane would be marvelous, with the scenery development that Aerosoft is supposed to release for XPL native...
I expect it will be something 'simpler' to start off with (simpler by PMDG standards that is!!) :(

Look forward to the 777 preview!Flying the NGX now for 6 consecutive months without gong back to any other add-on aircraft! :( Luis Linares

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I don't understand how people are not happy with PMDG moving to XPlane 10. Remember FSX upon release, and how much we hated it because of the problems it had and the bad frames rates? Look at it now... XPlane 10 is only just released. But believe me, in around a year or 1-2, we will all be flying our PMDG planes in XPlane 10. Because XPlane 10 isn't a game like FSX, where you have to fix the problems of the game yourself. Imagine, never having to suffer from CTD's, bad frame rates (if you have average hardware), stutters, and other problems anymore. And perhaps we will even be able to remove our overclock, because the newer games are more GPU dependant anyway.I'm looking forward to it. As soon as PMDG has their NGX ready XPlane 10, I'm over to that platform.

Look forward to the 777 preview!Flying the NGX now for 6 consecutive months without gong back to any other add-on aircraft!
Last day, I wanted to fly the MD-11 after 6 months of 100% NGX, it was a complete heretic flight ...

Well, I lost track of the pre-release SP2c topic post where the problem/fixes etc. were listed for the 737NGX poduct itself.

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I don't understand how people are not happy with PMDG moving to XPlane 10.XPlane 10 is only just released. But believe me, in around a year or 1-2, we will all be flying our PMDG planes in XPlane 10. Because XPlane 10 isn't a game like FSX, where you have to fix the problems of the game yourself. Imagine, never having to suffer from CTD's, bad frame rates (if you have average hardware), stutters, and other problems anymore. And perhaps we will even be able to remove our overclock, because the newer games are more GPU dependant anyway.
Ok for the fps and ctd problems, but what about one BIG thing missing in FSX, that is weather simulation?? (Ridiculous, isn't it, that the weather is so badly simulated in a FLIGHT simulator?) Is it any better in XPlane? Is it possible to develop a working weather radar? Is it possible to encounter windshear, realistic icing conditions, realistic turbulence, etc.?

James Goggi

All i can say is that X-Plane10 and PMDG is a match made in heaven :im Not Worthy:THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Wow, awesome update! Out of curiosity, this does also mean that PMDG products will start running on Macs, or are there code dependencies that will make it impossible for it to run on Macs?
I don't think PMDG can ignore 50% of X-Plane's user base, meaning 50% potential customers. However, this might be a time-consuming process. I think I summed this up before *dig dig dig in old posts* : http://forum.avsim.n...ost__p__2157629Quoting myself: "There is the programming of all the systems. Also this cannot be converted (automatically). Sure, the logic can be re-used, and if PMDG did a good job in software design and have a good separation of concerns in their code, they can re-use some of their sourcecode, but at least all the data-access (converting from simconnect to X-Plane datarefs) and all the display rendering (converting from GDI+ to openGL) code has to be rewritten from scratch.And, moreover, right now they programmed on Windows, and used a Windows toolchain. For X-Plane, they have to be Mac compatible. This means a switch to another toolchain (from visual studio to gcc or clang). If they use a lot of windows-proprietary stuff in their code, this will also have to be rewritten."

Flight instructor and commercial pilot. Flies everything that has propellers. CFI(A)-SE, CFII, CPL(A)-MEL/SEL/IR TW/CMP/HP/HA

X-Plane core team (Avionics and GPS)

CRJ-200 and 757/777 developer

Follow me on Twitter @XPlanePhil

I'm looking forward to PMDG and X-Plane. Only think missing from X-Plane in my opinion is the scenery (airports etc.)On another note: I'll be waiting for those T7 previews :)

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD