Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

04FEB12 Update on SP1c and a few other items...

We definitely think it will, we have Austin/Laminar's full support and it'll be a totally different ballgame vs. not being able to ask about FSX internals and stuff like that when we want information.
That is a HUGE plus.

When does there first quarter end?
Think.The calendar year can be divided into 4 quarters, often abbreviated Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4:
  • First quarter: from the beginning of January to the end of March
  • Second quarter: from the beginning of April to the end of June
  • Third quarter: from the beginning of July to the end of September
  • Fourth quarter: from the beginning of October to the end of December

Think.The calendar year can be divided into 4 quarters, often abbreviated Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4:
  • First quarter: from the beginning of January to the end of March
  • Second quarter: from the beginning of April to the end of June
  • Third quarter: from the beginning of July to the end of September
  • Fourth quarter: from the beginning of October to the end of December

Thanks, Thats what I think. I cant wait till the 777.

Robert,Thanks for the update. One queustion concerning your statements on Prepar3D. I completely understand PMDG's concerns regarding the use of their retail products on a commercial platform. Is the door open to commercial versions of PMDG software, such as NGX, that would run on Prepar3D in a commercial enviroment with all applicable licences in force? There was a hint of that in your statement, but I want to be certain that I'm reading too much between the lines. There are many users who would be interested in pursuing that option should it become available. What interests people most about Prepar3D is LM's interest in improving and extending the functionality of FSX, which is something that Microsoft has walked away ever doing. While there is as you said plenty of "life" left in FSX, for all intents and purposes FSX is "as good as it will ever get" - to borrow from their tag line. It is particularly great news that PMDG is exploring an option for XPlane -- "exploring" being the operable word. The flight dynamics of XPlane are far suprior to those of FSX. After having finished a week's worth of V1 cuts in the real level D Lear 45 simulator and comparing those to V1 cuts in XPlane and FSX, there's no comparison. XPlane is more accurate in both roll and yaw dynamics. Where XPlane for years has fallen short is in the availablity of quality aircraft like those made by PMDG. I am happy to hear that this might be coming to an end. Kudos to the PMDG team for great products, product support, and customer support. You're always number one on my radar.Best regards,Rich BollWichita KS

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

I'm a little disappointed to be honest, while i completely understand PMDG's position on P3D i was hoping that they could work something out. FSX isn't going to be improved and P3D looks like it will end up a good platform. The 'throwaway' comment regarding stopping people installing software within P3D not made for it is worrying. I guess that P3D has nothing to offer the private simmer. I for one am not interested in X-Plane, i have tried basically every version since they started running demos, they are universally bad, the flight dynamics may be more realistic (though at extremes both X-Plane and FSX are bad) but the rest of it cannot compete, boring sterile environments, bad interface it just looks basic.Very much looking forward to the 777 and the DC6-B, i would have gone for the Electra or a nice Russian plane...but still.

Edited by WotanUK

Ian R Tyldesley

It'll keep on going...SP1dSP1eSP1fSP1guntil finally,SP2.
That defeats the whole purpose of a service pack. A service pack is a complete package with a whole series of patches integrated.