Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

04FEB12 Update on SP1c and a few other items...

Thanks again Robert, looking forward for PMDG for X plane I hope it will be the NGX as it's huge and It will drag a lot of attention from users to developers all over for X plane. I'm waiting for 777, 747 V2 and hopefully an Airbus for FSX.Evan Banalian.

Yes, this. it is a shame that this has fallen off the radar.
You guys who jump to conclusions that something's been abandoned just because we didn't mention it in an update are funny. We're still planning an SP2 + ERs addon, it's just going to be down the road a ways. SP1c is going to be the last NGX update probably until the 777 is closer - we want to incorporate some stuff we're developing for the 777 project into SP2 for the NGX - SP2 is primarily going to be feature additions, not bug fixes like the SP1 stuff ended up being.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Sounds good, but I would also like to know what the plans with Jetstream SP2 and Dash-8 are..Anyway: Keep up your good work.

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

Gets-And to tack on to what Ryan said: The ER and BBJ updates are still pending. As I mentioned at the VERY TOP OF MY POST, failure to update a specific topic that is of interest to you simply means that there is no new information to share at this time.I deleted a couple of really silly whining posts- I'm sorry if any of the antagonists are offended... We give you guys a ton of information, and it just isn't feasible to update every topic in play on every update. So relax... take a few breaths- and go back to enjoying the hobby...Stop looking for sinister plots under every sentence....Or I might actually start creating them just to keep myself entertained. :LMAO:Oh- and for those of you who's posts disappeared that were not whining: You forgot to sign them...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Have to say I'm particularly disappointed about the P3D news, I guess I can understand where you're coming from legally, but still, as a platform it has a lot to offer. Strangely, I just today made a decision to try and switch over to P3D as my FSX installation keeps crashing at random intervals, and really needs a re-install, but P3D is rock solid, in fact am flying in it right now, PANC to CYVR in the Aerosoft/Simcheck A300. Oh well I guess I'll have to re-evaluate that now and schedule the re-install in before the DC6 is released. Concerning X-Plane, don't think I could ever bring myself to buy it, unless it was in a bargain bin!Anyway, looking forward to the new developments PMDG have in store for us! :D

I partially agree with you Alan.FSX for me is a no go anymore. After 4 months of rock solid stability from P3D, I have no intentions of going back to the "crash" riddled performance of FSX. What use is a $60 - $90 add-on, or a $20 dollar one for that matter, if you can not use it as it was intended. I'm sure given time, someone will come in and fill the void, I'll be patient. More and more third party developers are ramping up the quality of their products, it will only be a matter of time before equal products are available for Prepar3D.I too tried X-Plane. I had seen things I liked and some things I certainly did not. Not sure if it was because the default equipment is not up to the potential of the platform or if it truly was the way the simulation behaved. The first shock was how the 747 handled like a bouncy Cessna 172. If PMDG aircraft can behave the same or better than FSX in X-Plane, then it will become more of a viable alternative. The future will tell.Sadly, it seems, I believe we may be witnessing concerns of fragmentation of the community. It's never good to see quality developers scattering in different directions. I witnessed it within the train simming community years ago, and it's now a mere shadow of it's former self. I hope the flight simming community does not follow suit. I have little doubt that the staff at PMDG are also keenly aware of this as well. I'll take the attitude of "out of great challenges often comes great things". For now I will "stay tuned".

Edited by Highiron

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

failure to update a specific topic that is of interest to you simply means that there is no new information to share at this time...
Sorry but how is that possible when the last dash 8 update was 2 years ago?

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

we want to incorporate some stuff we're developing for the 777 project into SP2 for the NGX - SP2 is primarily going to be feature additions, not bug fixes like the SP1 stuff ended up being.
Does this mean stuff like RTA, which is currently not in the NGX, but you said it to be expected for the 777? Some customer options, not modelled for now on the 737, but expected for the 777?
More and more third party developers are ramping up the quality of their products, it will only be a matter of time before equal products are available for Prepar3D.
The issue is not the compatibility, as NGX works in Prepar3D already. But Prepar3D is not a entertainment product. It is a commercial solution product. The fact that LM lets you guys to play with it using a developers license does not mean much legally, which is obviously quite important for PMDG, and also while some of you might actually show something if LM asks one day what have you really developped, they might as way just tell you good bye.

The issue is not the compatibility, as NGX works in Prepar3D already. But Prepar3D is not a entertainment product. It is a commercial solution product. The fact that LM lets you guys to play with it using a developers license does not mean much legally, which is obviously quite important for PMDG, and also while some of you might actually show something if LM asks one day what have you really developped, they might as way just tell you good bye.
I believe you misread my statement.I never stated compatibility was the issue. The fact PMDG has such leverage in the community is due to the *quality* of it's add-on's. My statement simply implied to those whom are now wavering on P3D on PMDG's stance that others may be up and coming to fill the void of such products in Prepar3D.Robert had clearly stated the decision was based on liability issues and not strictly of the interpretation of Prepar3D EULA. Other developers are comfortable that Prepar3D's EULA does not "trump" their own EULA's. This fact is clear that their EULA clearly state their products can not be used for commercial use, and yes, they have custom P3D native installers. Robert had also stated that they would not never develop for P3D, just that they will not as long as the current EULA stands. L.M. Can not change the EULA, hence the impasse.You actually believe I "play" with my flight simulator? :(

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

I'm looking forward to the end of the 1st' Quarter 777 previews are rolled out.........

I believe you misread my statement.
Very much possible. Originally, I was under impression, that your availability comment was somehow related to technical stuff.
Robert had clearly stated the decision was based on liability issues and not strictly of the interpretation of Prepar3D EULA.
Among others. RSR has also mentioned that due to the commercial solution nature of Prepar3D, it would not attract newcomers, or as RSR put it, is not *readily marketed* to aviation enthusiasist.
Robert had also stated that they would not never develop for P3D, just that they will not as long as the current EULA stands. L.M. Can not change the EULA, hence the impasse.
No, the talk was about P3D EULA, not PMDG EULA, that can be changed by PMDG. At the moment, P3D is quite clearly not a product for "us" home desktop simmers. Until that is changed, all P3D will see is PMDGs Commercial Licensing Division.
You actually believe I "play" with my flight simulator?
Until you get a paper from FAA, for all intents and purposes you are playing a computer game. So far there is only one publicly available add-on that has been licensed by some authority, and that is Project Tupolev Tu-154M for FS9 licensed by OKB Tupolev

@FaboThere are other products that are officially licensed by aircraft manufacturers too, such as the PMDG 747 and NGX.

I think the f1 Atr was also licensed. Could be wrong though...

You guys who jump to conclusions that something's been abandoned just because we didn't mention it in an update are funny. We're still planning an SP2 + ERs addon, it's just going to be down the road a ways. SP1c is going to be the last NGX update probably until the 777 is closer - we want to incorporate some stuff we're developing for the 777 project into SP2 for the NGX - SP2 is primarily going to be feature additions, not bug fixes like the SP1 stuff ended up being.
Thank you Ryan and Robert. I did grok what you both said and my comment is actually factual: I do not imply that the ER packages are off the table, just "off the radar." This has everything to do with the product launch schedule mentioned back in late summer/early fall of 2011. That release schedules churn isn't a surprise, I am simply stating that it is a shame that the ER stuff has slipped as the -900 seems to be mainly an ER affair these days.Other products and facets of products have failed to materialize after being discussed, so I do hope that the ER/BBJ makes it back into radar range again.The DC6 looks fun.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Sadly, it seems, I believe we may be witnessing concerns of fragmentation of the community. It's never good to see quality developers scattering in different directions. I witnessed it within the train simming community years ago, and it's now a mere shadow of it's former self. I hope the flight simming community does not follow suit. I have little doubt that the staff at PMDG are also keenly aware of this as well. I'll take the attitude of "out of great challenges often comes great things". For now I will "stay tuned".
I too am a little concerned with this divide in the FS community. MS and their Flight (game) has thrown the FS community into a tail spin and everyone feels the need to scramble and make a decision (pick a side) on where to go, either XPlane or P3D, knowing that FSX will, some day, become obsolete. I strongly suspect that LM is bound by contract when they purchased the rights to, and code to FSX, that they shall not compete with MS and their (game); thus the "not for personal entertainment" clause in their EULA. That being said there appears to be a legal loop hole on the use for "personal education" that keeps getting freely used (and somewhat promoted) by LM to allow people who are serious about learning all aspects of flying. I would hope that PMDG's legal team could look to the "personal eduction" view and possible approve it for such use.That aside, we have plenty of time to enjoy PMDG w/ FSX and don't have to rush to move everyone onto another platform yet.ZanderMiller