Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

04MAR12: SP1c Released for full NGX product range.

You realise that commercial airliners do park at stand-off bays, right? Aerobridge and rear stairs aren't the only possible combination!

You would if it was a cargo airliner.
Hehe, you're right. But I meant a PAX-airliner, sorry. (but I guess you know that... ;-) )If you fly a cargo-airliner, a single entry RAMP is needed in the cfg because you will possibly find your cargo-jet at a gate with Jetways... most notably if the GATE entry stays before the RAMP in the cfg. Relating to your link above the first entry is prefered. You may notice my way of thinking. It generates less complications if you use a single entry. Either GATE for (PAX)-airliners, RAMP for GA's, or CARGO for cargo airliners, MIL_CARGO for military...etc...best regardsMike

Why isn't the SP1c not available on the Service Update section of your website? There is still only SP1b downloadable.The only downloadlink to SP1c can be found in this forum thread.

Why isn't the SP1c not available on the Service Update section
Maybe just not update yet,Lets just wait.

Achmad Ferdi Iskandar (SUB-ID)

System: P3D v5.3, Intel i7-3770K O/C to 4.7GHz, Noctua NH-U12P SE2, Nvidia GTX 1070 16Gb Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 850W PSU, SAITEK Yoke and Throttle, X52 Joystick Pro Flight™ TPM, Switch Panel, Flight Sim Yoke CH, Armageddon Pixxel+ HD Curve

Back up CD

Am wondering about the back up CD scheduled to go into production 19Mar12 and be sent out via postal service. I purchased the 'back up' a few months ago. I do not recall my postal address being available . Will I be recieving a 'back up CD' in my postal service mailbox, or am I somewhat confused on this? ---- Bob

Adam106, on 04 March 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

Thanks PMDG for the fantastic support you're showing for this wonderful aircraft. Not to seem ungrateful but I think there are a

couple of minor bugs related to the PFD still seem to persist after SP1c. I've submitted tickets on these items and was told they would be passed on to the dev team. If anyone can confirm these items are modelled correctly after all it would put my mind at rest:

1) The F/D bars are supposed to 'retract' i.e. disappear, at 50 feet RA on all ILS approaches - manual landing included - at least that's how I read the FCOM. Currently they only disappear on a fail passive autoland. The manual references this in FCOM vol.2.

2) With the EFIS/MAP display option selected single channel autopilot operation (with approach selected) should state '1 CH' in amber. At the moment it's got 'SINGLE CH' in amber. Not massive I know, but it's somehow bugging me.

3) When doing a IAN approach and descending below 100ft RA the autopilot disconnects - which is correct. But the manual states that we should also get an amber 'AUTOPILOT' annunciation on the PFD - which we don't.

Adam Turley

First one is right in the NGX - the FD bars stay there through a fail operation autoland for flare and rollout guidance - they have to, that's part of the spec. If you look in the FCTM there's a table showing exactly what the FD/PFD do with fail op vs. fail pass.

Second one looks like an error, I'll log that.

Third one, we knew about this but something prevented us from doing the annunciation, I'll have to ask again about it.

Sorry to drag this up again Ryan but I still have issues with the FD behaviour on the ILS. I agree that the flight director is correctly modelled for autoland - Fail operational: FD bars centre and remain visible, Fail Passive: FD bars are removed from view. The NGX has this correct.

However, I believe that the behaviour on a manual FD only ILS needs looking at. The FD bars should disappear just like the fail passive autoland case.Every cockpit video I've seen that shows the PFD at the correct moment, has the flight directors retracted out of view at 50 feet. If you look at 8:45 in this video, you can see this behaviour:

As a double check I fired up your FS9 737 and the FD did disappear at 50'. I know the old NG isn't anywhere near NGX standards but I think it got this right. Sorry for harping on about a relatively minor issue.

Adam Turley

Thank you for this service pack, it fixed quite a lot for me.

It's stunning that your 737 NGX simulation actually flies and behaves like the real equivalent!

regards

Guys,

I've just downloaded SP1b. Do I need install SP1c in any event to have the full version?

I'm asking because SP1c is not available on the Service Update section of PMDG website.

Thx

Guys,

I've just downloaded SP1b. Do I need install SP1c in any event to have the full version?

I'm asking because SP1c is not available on the Service Update section of PMDG website.

Thx

Have you read this thread? as the link for SP1C is in the FIRST post. And yes you will need SP1C

Rog Hanson

Rog Hanson

Have you read this thread? as the link for SP1C is in the FIRST post. And yes you will need SP1C

Rog Hanson

Have you read my question? Is there any issue with searching? And thanks

Yes I read your question and the answer is still in the first post in this thread as I said.

...Since so many of you follow us here in the forum (and on Facebook!) we are just making a quiet little announcement here so that you know the SP1c update for the NGX product line has just been made available for you!...

SP1c link is only on here and Facebook, not on the main site. And yes you need it as there are lots of bug fixes as well as other additions.

Rog Hanson

Rog Hanson

After installing the sp1c i have noticed an interesting sound issue. When I load the NGX all sounds seem normal, meaning all sounds in the 3D virtual cockpit. Howver once is cycle the views from wing to spot...ect and finally back to cockpit, the sound of the engines are roaring ( sounds exaclty like full N1 on climb out) however this sound happens when just parked at the gate so the sound is much louder since there is no wind. Has anyone else had this issue as well after SP1?

After installing the sp1c i have noticed an interesting sound issue. When I load the NGX all sounds seem normal, meaning all sounds in the 3D virtual cockpit. Howver once is cycle the views from wing to spot...ect and finally back to cockpit, the sound of the engines are roaring ( sounds exaclty like full N1 on climb out) however this sound happens when just parked at the gate so the sound is much louder since there is no wind. Has anyone else had this issue as well after SP1?

FSX issue, and it's happened in all of the SPs for me (again, it's FS not the plane). Click Q twice to disable and re-enable the sounds and it'll be fine.

Kyle Rodgers