Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Guys&Gals... tell me the TRUTH....

How many of you who have originaly stated not buying any cockpitless aircraft have already downloaded the full p-51 or Zero?C'mon, be honest...... ;-)P.S.: Whow, yesterday I started with Guys&Gals at another AVSIM forum... hope this doesn't harm anyone... :-)"Love Flying! Love FLIGHT!!!!!" ... My new signature....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AviTABs...

Main flight simulator: Finally MSFS 2020 ! Best sim ever, all summed up... Have to agree...

I haven't said that I wouldn't buy any A/C without a cockpit... I did buy the P-51. But I have said that I'll pass on the Zero. So far I'm sticking to that. I'm not really into flying old war planes, so just not my thing.

I initially was not going to buy the Zero. I decided to purchase it after enjoying the P51, and the low price point. I had ~700 or so points just sitting in my account, so thought what the hell, and purchased it. I am glad i did. It is nice to take a break from cargo jobs and just fly around with reckless abandon.

I bought the P-51 just to be able to get to a higher altitude. I've said no more planes for me without cockpits, and I'll stick to that.No Zero for me.

I never stated I wouldn't, but I didn't think I would when I first heard of the non-VC P51. I did anyway and will probably buy the Zero just because it's cheap. If we were to pretend that MSFT had a hanger full of GA, twins, jets, helicopters, and a dozen scenery areas to release on day 1 (or even month 1 or quarter 1), users would be looking at the offering with a calculator in hand realizing that it would cost $500 to go "all in" on the DLC, so I think it's 'by design' to trickle DLC so that doesn't happen to the same degree. The ratio of deluxe to basic planes is still 2:1, so assuming most future planes are going to be basic just because the first new DLC is a basic, seems rather silly.There is a certain group who likes the non-VC planes - they'll buy them all, it's their favorite. Then there are people who won't buy them no matter what. Then there are people like me, who buy them because they are cheap enough and add a little entertainment and variety to Flight while waiting on better DLC. If there were a wide variety of deluxe planes to pick from, I'd be much more inclined to skip the non-VC offerings, but since there are not (because many users would have 'sticker shock' - see 1st paragraph), the basic planes cause me to shrug and say, "eh, why not?" and buy it. It seems to be a strategy that causes more sales. . .

I have not bought the Zero.I will not buy an aircraft without a cockpit, because I fly from the cockpit and don't use the HUD.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Nah, havent bought it. When I want to do just some stunt flying without cockpit I can just go play Just Cause 2. It has way better graphics too.

My biggest concern is that the most complex aircraft ie fastest, retractable gear, highest flying are coming out a basic. Why can't there be an option. I really want the P-51 dang it, but not with out a v/c. When I roll out at the top of a loop, pop the gear and flaps, I want to see the runway through the wind screen, not the *** end of the aircraft.

Honestly I have not downloaded the Hawaiian Expansion or both of the warbirds, I have the Maule, its a very well done model, wish the AP would be working though :(However I will NEVER buy those warbirds (im not much for flying warbirds) however its also because they don't have cockpits.I will not buy the Hawaii Expansion until I get a decent aircraft with a good rate of speed that can carry passengers, like a King Air 350 or ATR 600, to me flying low and slow at 145 kts is too much, I prefer 300-400 kts.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

I'm trying to resist!!! Because I'm interest to buy the plane, but I'll do not let Microsoft steal my money. For reproduce the Fsx hangar, going on like this I'll need to spend 300$!We need to calculate also sceneries: we paid 20$ for 28.000 km2 of hawaii pack, what we need to pay for the whole 150.000.000 km2 of the whole terrains in the world?They're drugging us, with missions and jobs, we need more, even more, one more plane, one more scenery. I'm already addicted to this! I choose to tell no to this tramp. I'm still waiting for next plane.Still loving Flight

Antonello M.

I have no interest in purchasing an aircraft that does not have a VC.I only fly from interior and want some semblance of a working cockpit.So no, I have not purchased either the P51 or the Zero.

I bought Mustang. By mistake. I like the airplane for it's history and it's look. And simply I didn't noticed that it's without cockpit. When I first try to fly it, I was pressing F9 and crashed. Only used it to get high aerocache. Since then it's in hangar. And I will not buy any cockpit-less plane.

Totally looking forward to A2A's p51 when it is ready, so i just can't get myself to buy the p51 or zero. I take my warbirds seriously!! heheAlthough i see nothing wrong with anyone buying it. I do like Flight but i still see the value of FSX. There really is a place for both in the (sim) world. I almost got the zero just because i have that exact number of GFWL points remaning, but i'll use them on Alaska when its out.

I like your Avatar!!!!!

Totally looking forward to A2A's p51 when it is ready, so i just can't get myself to buy the p51 or zero. I take my warbirds seriously!! heheAlthough i see nothing wrong with anyone buying it. I do like Flight but i still see the value of FSX. There really is a place for both in the (sim) world. I almost got the zero just because i have that exact number of GFWL points remaning, but i'll use them on Alaska when its out.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AviTABs...

Main flight simulator: Finally MSFS 2020 ! Best sim ever, all summed up... Have to agree...