Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniAtlas

FS2Crew or GSX?

That is very hard to answer. Both addons are must haves. I would suggest you toss a coin, heads for GSX and tails for FS2Crew. Or both if you have the dosh.

Each one has different functions, FS2Crew adds a co pilot, whilst GSX gives you ground handling.

System: X-PLANE 11.40, P3D 4.5, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 10 Pro 64-bit, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Logitech X56 Hotas Stick and Throttle, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels

FS2C gives you the 'RealWorld' immersion whilst flying the NGX and I wouldn't fly without it.

GSX, again gives you that 'eye candy' whilst on tyhje ground, again more like RW.

Personnally I wouldn't be without them both.

Put them alongside Aivalsoft's EFB and Radar contact, then I think that is the 'airline' complete package.

I always when flying 'heavy metal' use all of the above, across two monitors.

Hope that helps

Clive

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

yeah, FS2C is in your face kinda immersion while GSX is in the background which you don't really see (except for the pushback maybe) unless you look at the plane from outside.

I have both and enjoy both but truthfully my primary role for GSX is to get pushbacks done correctly, I hardly ever do any of the other stuff unless I take screenshots.

I have both also, If you have to pick one then FS2Crew it transforms the NGX and the way you fly it.

GSX is a must have and it gives perfect push backs.

If you get both try this.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/368715-full-flow-chart-for-button-version/

David Murden.  P3D v5  FSL A321 / A320 / A319 : PMDG NGu / 748PMDG NG / 747-/ 777 : QW 787 :  Maddog MD-80 :Q400 :

DCS: A10C Warthog : AV-8B Harrier :  F-14B Tomcat  : F-16C Viper F/A-18C Hornet 

My FSL Walkthrough PDF From GPU to Parked.      My PMDG NGXu Light Mod      My PMDG NG SpotLight Profile/Mod.  

PC 4790k@4.6 : 1070 : 16GB DDR3 RAM : Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS: Thrustmaster TPR.

GSX is nice eye candy, which also adds some realism too, and I do have it, but FS2Crew is with you all the way and transforms an FS airliner into something more than what comes in the box (or download). They are both good, but if I had to pick just one to add realism, it would be FS2Crew.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Have not noticed any degrading performance. Has quite a small footprint, Cannot speak in regard to the voice version, I use the button, but it comes with a easy to follow tutorial, and support is one of the best you will receive for a fs addon. Bryan works tirelessly to ensure the product runs as advertised.

GSX support is top shelf as well. Wish all dev's followed that lead.

System: X-PLANE 11.40, P3D 4.5, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Corsair Spec Omega Case,Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, EVGA 850+ Gold PSU,Win 10 Pro 64-bit, LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Logitech X56 Hotas Stick and Throttle, Logitech/Saitek Flight Yoke System, Multi, Radio, Switch Panels

I use the voice version only. I have found it much like any addon, once you learn the 'flow'; what to say when then it just becomes natural.

I have a 'flow' chart ( get one from the FS2C forum) on my second monitor and If I forget what to say then I just refer to that.

As Julian says the support from the FS2C team, is second to none.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I heard fs2crew has an extremely steep learning curve? Is it CPU intensive?

I certainly wouldn't say it was a steep learning curve at all. Sure, for first timers it will take 30 minutes to setup and get your head around, then it's just a question of following precedures and flows which are laid out in the document. They can also be found elsewhere on the forum. NyxxUK (Dave) has very kindly provided the simming community with a PDF download document of all the relevent flows and procedures. BTW, IMO if I had to choose one of the two addons then it would have to be FS2Crew, a no brainer.

Howard
P3Dv4, Asus Z170-A MB, i7-6700 Skylake @ 4.5ghz, Asus GTX1080ti 11Gb GPU, 16gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/1Tb+P3D.v4.4, SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Ocz 750 PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, 2 x 17" Dell @ 1920x1200. PFC Yoke, Warthog throttle system, Saitek combat pedals, Saitek switch and radio panels, VRinsight Boeing 2 MCP.

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

IMHO it's more immersive to fly with FS2Crew. Then I would purchase GSX, a must have addon however!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Thanks guys & gals, will give it a try FS2Crew this weekend. I looked at some youtube videos and also their iphone/ipad app, I'm pretty impressed.

Does that 'NGX' code for 5 euro still work?

Soarbywire - Cockpit building simulation news and resource. Fly the Jeehell Flight Management and Guidance System. A free A320 avionics suite for cockpit builders and aviation enthusiasts. 

I use the voice version only. I have found it much like any addon, once you learn the 'flow'; what to say when then it just becomes natural.

I have a 'flow' chart ( get one from the FS2C forum) on my second monitor and If I forget what to say then I just refer to that.

As Julian says the support from the FS2C team, is second to none.

Thats the only thing I don't like about FS2Crew. The verbage is different (not to mention weird, eg "OK to clean up". Never heard an airline say that) which can mess you up if you ate used to saying different sequence and verbage.

Thats the only thing I don't like about FS2Crew. The verbage is different (not to mention weird, eg "OK to clean up". Never heard an airline say that) which can mess you up if you ate used to saying different sequence and verbage.

"Okay to clean up" is a very common term among all facets of aviation. GA, Airline, etc.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

With all due respect I disagree. None of the airlines, charters I have ever flown for use verbatim as such. Even airlines Ihaven't flown for use this. A simple "After landing checklist" is more common. Mind you there are a lot of airlines out there but imho it just sounds very unofficial for the lack of better words.

Too bad we can't have a specific user sequence or verbage to tailor it to our own airline. If I get used to fs2crew and then jump in the real ngx I'll get smacked if I use fs2crew verbage.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

18%
    $4,530.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now