Sign in to follow this  
RomeoMike

Community change to X-Plane: where do we go?

X-Plane has a long way to go, before I move over to that platform.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I wouldn't worry about any other devs for the next 3-5 years(beside p3d), I'm an FSX:er in the FSX-land until then.

Yeah, you as a user need not to worry. But the addon makers need to.

You forgot the word "now" in your sentence. I doubt that you will still say this in 10 years from today.

No I highly doubt I will because I hope I'll be on my way to flying a real one :biggrin: But until then FSX is fine, will be 1,000,000x better with the PMDG 777!

X-Plane, while a formidable piece of software, does not seem viable in comparison to the alternatives.

I've definitely jumped on the Prepar3D bandwagon with the latest pricing/structuring changes. Not to mention the PMDG announcement that they may start considering the platform in the future.

I have to say I am loving it so far. Massive potential for the future and the developers are slowly coming around:

http://secure.simmar...3d-page-1.chtml

The support on their official forums are top notch as well.

No I highly doubt I will because I hope I'll be on my way to flying a real one :biggrin: But until then FSX is fine, will be 1,000,000x better with the PMDG 777!

LOL, how selfish... :P

LOL, how selfish... :P

Hehe sorry! Knowing my luck the 777 will get released as I'm going to Oxford to do my ATPL's where I wont be able to fly it for a good 6 Months or so probably! I'm doing modular training so once I'm done with my ATPL's I'll probably have a Month or two before I start my IR, MCC & CPL, that will be where I fly her to the max while I have the chance haha :biggrin:

I think we should wait until we get a simulator done with this graphic engine

I keep at my splendidly constructed FSX :wub: and will have an eye on the future P3D Development.

Personally, can't see any reason to change anything, at the moment.

Like most of you said, any change won't be for today, tomorrow, next year or the year after. But definitely there is a change coming up, years from now, and if I interpret R Randazzo's understatement right in that video correctly, developpers already start to prepare themselves. The change is important and solid as it won't be from MSFS X to Y, but from MS to another provider, another system and another technological structure. I was just curious which would be the provider of this platform, X-plane, or, and, if somebody knows more about the rumours that Aerosoft is working on a platform?!

However, I'm happy with my FSX for the moment and I do agree that this platform will stay a market for developpers for some years to come.

And I'm not a developper, so reading this I wonder what am I worrying about after all.

Ralf, Aerosoft is not working on a platform, they considered it, but did not go ahead. Currently they push for XPL.