Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Heads up for nvidia users

Alt + enter is NOT the same as clicking the square. Clicking the square merely "maximizes" the window to utilize your whole desktop, it does not put you in full screen. This is still considered windowed mode. Alt + enter is the hotkey to toggle the system between windowed mode and true full screen. Full screen is indeed when there is no window at all.

Thank You Aaron!

I am glad I asked. Now, I know.

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Well a great pity this doesn't work in windowed mode as I use a multi monitor set up all the time so that I can have other apps such as EFB, undocked gauges etc displayed while flying. Fullscreen is not an option.

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hi,

Tried the new setup, it didn't work out all that well in full screen mode. It must be the resolution I'm running (5760x1200x32), unlimited and the external limiter seems to work best on my setup.

Thanks Word Not Allowed it was worth a shot, I'm always on the lookout for ways to improve my simming experience.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I too didn't have much success with this. I finally reverted back to my old settings, albeit with the upgraded driver. For me and my four year old rig, FSX - UNLIMITED; Inspector - Frame rate limiter OFF; vertical sync - Use 3D application setting. This is the only setting that allows me acceptable fps with the NGX. Attempting to use the settings suggested made me forfeit 25% of my frames, and that's too much to give up to reduce stutters. It was worth a shot though.

Yes, it will drop the frames due to internal limiter (external limiter produces blurry textures, and that's a fact). That is why I said to use this one with the BP=0 combo and FFTF tweak. Those give back the frames. If you are up to, you could read the guide and see if you get the FSX up to speed with my tweaks.

All who have the framerate loss could try that. Just please go step by step and don't leave out a thing.

Srdan, just wanted to say a big Thank You for your tips. At EGCC I was struggling to get above 5fps with the Simcheck A300. After trying your tweaks, now up to 27-28fps. Wow, is all I can say.

Used the beta drivers as Nvidia was taking me to the WHQL 296.

Same rates in windowed as I use EFB, FSC, and Topcat as well as non-windowed.

Nice one buddy. I'm sure that you have enhanced many a rig's performance.

That is why I said to use this one with the BP=0 combo and FFTF tweak.

Word Not Allowed, those additional tweaks were already in place for me. I believe your suggestions are perfect for the newer CPU and graphics card crowd, but my Q9300 just doesn't have enough overhead. I very much appreciate your input, as it will serve many well with up to date systems....and what I hope to have in the next couple of years.

I keep trying the 300+ series nVidia drivers, but they are all absolutely awful for me.

I have a GTX580 running on a Win7-64 system. I get frame rates hitting my nVidia Inspector limit of 40 fps all the time with version 295.51 or before, but right down to 8-12 fps everywhere with any 300+ series driver (or 4-5 fps without the "1/2 refresh rate" setting for Vsync).

There's something seriously wrong with them for me. Has anyone any idea what's going on? Any suggestions? I've always kept up to date with nVidia drivers, but if I don't find a solution to this it looks like I'll be stuck with the 295.51 version forever after ...

Note: I don't install all the other clobber with the driver -- the 3D driver, the HD Sound or the Phys bits, because FSX doesn't use any of that in any case. I always do a "clean install" and re-import and apply my MS FSX settings in nVidia Inspector afterwards.

And, yes, I did also update to the latest nVidia Inspector.

It's very puzzling. It's not that I'm unhappy with the 295.51 results (they do drop a bit in a fully populated UK2000 Heathrow, down to aound 15-25, but still okay and smooth enough), but I would like to understand why I can't even try the new versions without completely clobbering performance.

Regards

Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Hello

I have still not found anything better than 275.33 with my GTX570

Guest firehawk44

I get frame rates hitting my nVidia Inspector limit of 40 fps

I have this turned off in theNVidia Inspector. It's hard for me to understand how an external FPS limiter can handle FPS over a limiter better than one that was made specifically for FSX. I don't recall seeing that turned on in any of the recommendations I saw on the Internet (I Google nvidia inspector fsx for links). Within FSX I have found setting the FPS to Unlimited works the best but others have had better luck with a 30 FPS limit.

Best regards,

Jim

I keep trying the 300+ series nVidia drivers, but they are all absolutely awful for me.

I have a GTX580 running on a Win7-64 system. I get frame rates hitting my nVidia Inspector limit of 40 fps all the time with version 295.51 or before, but right down to 8-12 fps everywhere with any 300+ series driver (or 4-5 fps without the "1/2 refresh rate" setting for Vsync).

There's something seriously wrong with them for me. Has anyone any idea what's going on? Any suggestions? I've always kept up to date with nVidia drivers, but if I don't find a solution to this it looks like I'll be stuck with the 295.51 version forever after ...

Note: I don't install all the other clobber with the driver -- the 3D driver, the HD Sound or the Phys bits, because FSX doesn't use any of that in any case. I always do a "clean install" and re-import and apply my MS FSX settings in nVidia Inspector afterwards.

And, yes, I did also update to the latest nVidia Inspector.

It's very puzzling. It's not that I'm unhappy with the 295.51 results (they do drop a bit in a fully populated UK2000 Heathrow, down to aound 15-25, but still okay and smooth enough), but I would like to understand why I can't even try the new versions without completely clobbering performance.

Regards

Pete Dowson

Hi Pete,

Some have reported 3d clock problems with the 300 series : http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=226930&st=0

You could perhaps check your clock settings with Nvidia Inspector.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Some have reported 3d clock problems with the 300 series : http://forums.nvidia...pic=226930&st=0

You could perhaps check your clock settings with Nvidia Inspector.

Thanks, but I don't understand that thread at all and wouldn't know what was/is/were 3D clocks and whether they were correct or not. I'm afraid it means little to me. Thanks anyway.

Pete

The clearest post is perhaps the one by Handie (an FSX user by the way).

Have a look at the current clock values. The first one is running FSX with 296.10

488712Ancienpilote.jpg

The second one is with 301.42

287122PendantFSX.jpg

As if the GPU stays in power saving mode.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Have a look at the current clock values. The first one is running FSX with 296.10

As if the GPU stays in power saving mode.

Oh, the "Current Clock" line with the 3 low clocks values?! I would have been looking for something called "3D clocks"!

I'll look for that next time I try a 300+ update. The thread seemed to say you could "force" the correct clocks -- is that in the Overclocking page? However, some contributors seemed to think that didn't work for them in any case.

Maybe I should just wait for a 300+ release which has a fix for this listed in its changes.

Thanks,

Pete