Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Heads up for nvidia users

I have 470 and 3xx work great for me, big improvement in smoothness

Well, it sure will not work for me. Take a look at the screenshots. I have the 460 card.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Ray, it's a wrong driver Rolling%20Eyes.gif

Look closer.

Exactly my point. The only reason for remake of the fsx.cfg is an user error, nothing else.

Agreed. Remaking the fsx.cfg is the equivalent to simply restoring your system from backup because you aren't sure what you broke. Fine for you to do, but may not be the best recommendation for others. It will revert all tweaks and configurations, not just those you are trying to undo, which in some cases can take a while to recover from.

For what it's worth I'm not really noticing any difference with the newer drivers, although they do work just fine on my 560ti. I continue to try various ways to lock frames, but in all cases I lose too much performance to see any stutter gains from it. Locking frames be it internally or externally costs me in the neighborhood of 8-10fps which clearly isn't an improvement. Works fine without though.

- Aaron

Fine for you to do, but may not be the best recommendation for others.

I fully agree. I only wanted to oppose those occasional posts about deleting fsx.cfg that's solving problems magically... :smile: There is no magic in FSX or computers.

Which .cfg please?

fsx.cfg

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Will someone post the perferred settings for the INSP for FSX. Maybe a screenshot would be easier. and what are the settings and checkmarks in FSX for AA? Thanks.

Here is what I have and it still needs a little tweaking.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Guest firehawk44

Will someone post the perferred settings for the INSP for FSX.

There's a pinned topic on this over in the PMDG General forum with pictures and explanation for each setting. It's a start. Like setting regular display settings, you have to start with a good guide then modify the settings to meet your system and your preferences.

Best regards,

Jim

Here's my report:

Using a GTX 470, and for the first time since using FSX, I have smooth, beautiful flights. It is like watching a movie.

I have struggled since FSX came out to get to this point, spending a lot on hardware (which is already outdated). I finally have exactly what I have been looking for. No more hardware upgrades. No more tweaking for me. That will most likely screw things up! lol

FINALLY!!!

Will someone post the perferred settings for the INSP for FSX. Maybe a screenshot would be easier. and what are the settings and checkmarks in FSX for AA? Thanks.

Here is what I have and it still needs a little tweaking.

Ray

It's all in Word Not Allowed's thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=370594

I have a very kindagarten question. When you say windowed mode vs full screen mode...

Full screen meaning. I click on the little square on the right upper corner and the window fill the entire monitor. Is that full screen

or Do I have to do, "Alt" + Enter where there is no window at all

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I have a very kindagarten question. When you say windowed mode vs full screen mode...

Full screen meaning. I click on the little square on the right upper corner and the window fill the entire monitor. Is that full screen

or Do I have to do, "Alt" + Enter where there is no window at all

Manny

Alt + enter is NOT the same as clicking the square. Clicking the square merely "maximizes" the window to utilize your whole desktop, it does not put you in full screen. This is still considered windowed mode. Alt + enter is the hotkey to toggle the system between windowed mode and true full screen. Full screen is indeed when there is no window at all.

- Aaron

I have such smooth flying now, it makes me wonder whether in fact a move to P3D is actually worth it...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I have such smooth flying now, it makes me wonder whether in fact a move to P3D is actually worth it...

Haha, I'm feeling the same! With the recent stutters reports and problems, FSX is actually smoother and better for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alt enter is the same as clicking the square.

No, it's not. Clicking square is maximized, alt enter is full screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This certainly works well for me. Clear improvement! Drivers 296.10 and Inspector 1.9.6.5

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor