Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bert Pieke

Heads up for nvidia users

If you have not been to the Hardware/Video card forum for a while,

go and check out the first pinned post..

The combination of:

- 301.24 Nvidia drivers

- 1.9.6. Nvidia Inspector with Vsync set to 1/2 of monitor refresh rate

- FSX locked at 30 fps in the sim

- and a standard 60 Hz monitor refresh rate,

makes for a really smooooth simming experience!

Add your favorite AA mode (mine is 8XSQ) and AF mode (16X), and FSX

looks better than ever!

One less reason to power up "Flight" now that FSX behaves this well

on my system.. :good:

Nice one Bert... Thatsa where im heading!

I recently upgraded from a quad-core 9550 to a i5 2500K - based system along with a 570GTX videocard, and while I was impressed with the performance, it wasn't what I hoped...even after scaling down AI traffic, cars, and autogen. And this was after a substantial overclock of the Sandybridge CPU to 4.5 and running the FSX.cfg through the adjustments via http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlIt%27s

Word Not Allowed's post ( http://forum.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=370594 ), as Bert states, made a dramatic difference, and I'm now seeing a much smoother FSX experience. I'm very pleased.

The combination of:

- 301.24 Nvidia drivers

- 1.9.6. Nvidia Inspector with Vsync set to 1/2 of monitor refresh rate

- FSX locked at 30 fps in the sim

- and a standard 60 Hz monitor refresh rate,

I agree. It is THE tweak for a smooth and stutterless FSX. Everyone with an Nvidia GPU should give it a try.

Would that also work with a gtx 480 card, or is it just the newer 580 and 680 card`s ?

Jen

I am on a GTX460 and it works.

It works for every Nvidia card and it works in full screen only, as vsync in windowed is generally broken.

I tried this but for some reason I kept getting jagged lines on my NGX, and carenado aircraft, along with an extremely annoying slowdown when I looked at a big set of clouds with REX textures, I rolled back the driver to the 285 drivers and it's back to running well. Any suggestions?

Does this work for FS9? :)

Well, I don't see why not!

I have stutters on approach to FSDT airports and in heavy 2048 clouds I see some stutters.

Does this require a higher overclock? Before I would get micro stutters, now stutters are much more apparent.

I think Word Not Allowed already has a topic on this in the hardware forums.

I have stutters on approach to FSDT airports and in heavy 2048 clouds I see some stutters.

Does this require a higher overclock? Before I would get micro stutters, now stutters are much more apparent.

Turn your Anti-Pop Up slider up in FSDT's Addon Manager that way it will load the scenery items farther out reducing the stutters when on approach. The max value you can set it to is 30, but if you have a strong rig you should be able to handle that setting with no problem.

Add this at the top of your cfg:

[FSDREAMTEAM]

AntiPopUp=30

Gave it a shot and did a flight from FSDT KLAX to KPHX with the NGX, FS2Crew, AS2012, UTX, GEX, MegaScenery Phoenix, and UsePools=0 without one hiccup, flash, or pause. So far so good. Thanks for the advice.

I agree that this does work well. However, those with TH2GO setups ( like me ) are possibly using a refresh rate of 59.xx This caused me to put the setting at 1/4 refresh rate because when I tried 1/2, FSX was only displayed on one screen.

If you have not been to the Hardware/Video card forum for a while,

go and check out the first pinned post..

The combination of:

- 301.24 Nvidia drivers

The newest driver version for my gts 250 is "296.10". Does that mean I cannot use this method?

It works for every Nvidia card and it works in full screen only, as vsync in windowed is generally broken.

Sorry, but what does it mean " works in full screen only"? (Sorry, it sounds a stupid question...but I presume that in Window mode - that I just use when flying in IVAO - the benefits are marginal)

Sorry, but what does it mean " works in full screen only"? (Sorry, it sounds a stupid question...but I presume that in Window mode - that I just use when flying in IVAO - the benefits are marginal)

Huh? I am sorry, but I don't understand your question.

Full screen is opposite of windowed.

Vsync fix does not work in windowed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD