Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

New RA Lancair screenie :)

I own the RV7 as well. The Legacy is a bit harder on performance than that... maybe 15-20% if I were to make an educated guess. Then again the RV7 performs almost like the default C172 on my system.

Thanks! I could probably give it a go, then. There are lower detail model options available as well, so if this one is too taxing, I can change the model detail setting. And since I can edit textures, if the HD textures are too much, then I can resize them.

Brandon Filer

Hi Stephen,

I'd be interested in your views on the X-52. I've been looking for a long-throw stick for ages but they all seem to have a miniscule amount of movement from full forward to fully back. Maybe the X 52 is better in this regard?

I hadn't read all of this thread yet......

I've used the X-52 for several years. I really like it, and think the spring force is about perfect. My X-45 was to stiff, and I shortened the spring. For simming, I always use the right hand for the stick.....and that's what the X-52 & throttle is set up for. For actually flying a Lancair & my RV, it would be left hand stick...........but for some reason, left stick for simming feels weird.

L.Adamson

One of the most notable things compared to the other is I feel the slowing down and drag effects are much better. I could slow down and approach in more quick manner where the Orbx Lancair I felt I needed to start my approach 5 miles out just to slow down enough.

Good...........because constant speed props are good speed brakes on these little slick airplanes. And the blue knob doesn't need to be full forward either. In fact, I'd leave mine at the 2350 rpm cruise setting until short final. In the meantime, I want a computer upgrade, and get this plane.

L.Adamson

Good...........because constant speed props are good speed brakes on these little slick airplanes. And the blue knob doesn't need to be full forward either. In fact, I'd leave mine at the 2350 rpm cruise setting until short final. In the meantime, I want a computer upgrade, and get this plane.

L.Adamson

Yep, don't get me wrong, it's still a very slick aircraft but `the other' (imo) just felt insanely hard to slow down in a normal manner without riding the speed brakes. So far I've done 3 approaches w/ the legacy and haven't reached for the speed brakes once yet.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I have yet to post anything in the forums but i cannot keep my mouth shut about it. The Legacy is an absolute masterpiece, its out right now from real air. I have no frame rate loss and the amount of detail will blow your mind. I cannot express enough how awesome this aircraft is. RealAir only puts out quality aircraft, we all know this, but this model practically redefined them. I proimse you right now you will not be unhappy with the purchase. Please go now for your sake, you wont be able to stop flying.

The RealAir Lancair is one of the best planes ever produced for FSX. I am thrilled with it.

The RealAir Lancair is one of the best planes ever produced for FSX. I am thrilled with it.

Couldn't agree more.The minute I hopped into the Vc I was so busy looking around/excited I didn't even know where to start clicking.

This plane is gorgeous.

Thanks Realair !!!

Thanks to Real Air for another amazing Airplane. Once again you have proven yourselves to be the very best there is in the business. After you get a little rest from this project you might as well spend some time clearing room on the shelf for many new awards. This Lancair gives a whole new meaning to WOW! It is truly something special. Job well done and thanks to you all for the professionalism that has become you trademark. :im Not Worthy: :Applause: :Applause: :Applause:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Ah, you guys are killin' me! So many new toys. So little time!

Won't have a chance to DL and try this for at least a couple of days, but sure looking forward to it.

Scott

I'm so in the waiting list of customers. :Just Kidding:

Too bad I ain't go the money or the credit to buy them right now.

Kudos to Real Air!!!

With A2A and PMDG,they are at the top of their league!! :Applause:

I bought it and am flying it right now. Absolutely love it! Nothing to complain of at all! I can run it somewhat well even on my dated system. (with high poly model. Not as good as some aircraft, but I can still fly it and FPS aren't terrible) Best GA airplane ever made for FSX!

Brandon Filer

It's stunning.

Two of my favorite `minor' features that aren't related to how it flies and performs are the prop animation and the canopy glass.

I'm not sure what magic Rob pulled out but the canopy reflections, glare etc etc is absolutely wonderful and adds that subtle yet very important detail that make flying this bird even more challenge and fun. Very dynamic with how it changes according to the light. Probably the best interior glass I've had the joy of looking through.

This may seem insignificant but it adds that extra element of realism and creating that illusion of flying. The prop animation is just amazing how it responds so well and accurately to throttle and prop RPM changes. And it's smooth. I haven't seen it skip a frame or temporary fall out of sync yet.. Just absolutely beautiful.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors