Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

New RA Lancair screenie :)

G'day all,

@Ron: love your repaints for the Baytower RV7. :)

May i ask you (if the paintkit is available) if you could repaint the first Australian built Legacy (VH-XTZ). Built by John Smith and Mark Stevens.

Best regards,

Christian

WOW...between this and the BayTower RV (and the Carenado TBM850 when it is released, of course), I really don't see myself flying ANYTHING else. Easily worth the price of admission. There really is a sense of man and machine with this add-on. You have a sense of "being there".

The ONLY thing I would add is the ability to remove the pilots sunglasses (I fly a lot at dawn/dusk and it seems wierd having them on). lol

Another masterpiece from RealAir!!!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Yes, a big thumbs up from me too! Not only the exacting graphics quality we have come to expect from RealAir but another cracking flight model! Wrap the Lanc around too sharp a corner and you'll be reviewing your lunch! I also love the form factor of this plane. It's so fast, and the bubble canopy lets you see the whole world, so you get to where you're going sooner and get to appreciate the view all the while. It's like an updated SF260; an instant classic. Thanks Real Air! I didn't think twice before whipping out the credit card. Everything you guys touch is gold.

Cheers,

Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

G'day all,

May i ask you (if the paintkit is available) if you could repaint the first Australian built Legacy (VH-XTZ). Built by John Smith and Mark Stevens.

Best regards,

Christian

I am also looking forward to some of Ron's unique masterpieces, though I must admit that the current selection is quite outstanding as it is now.

So Ron, time to get the respray hanger ready as I am sure there will be as always a huge demand for some personalized paints.

lancair_adf_cdi.jpg

I understand your point of view. :good:

Great plane (from graphics to flight model, everything is awesome!)

ok.. from the pix I've seen of this plane.. it looks like you can actually see over the nose, yes? is this as in the real plane? the "other" lancair is very dificult to see over the nose.. but I think that is the way it is in real life as well or at least from what I've read.

Ciao!

again it only share the main name "lancair" but is two completely different models and you just cannot compare the two models with each other.

this being the lancair "legacy" and the other noname brand is lancair IV-P.

See that lancair site for differences between models. Stop comparing the different models. It is not the SAME thing apart from the main name "lancair".

Kind of expensive ($50au) but I just couldn't resist :)

I havent read a page of the manual yet, just had to try it and it IS worth every $.

You can see over the nose, although the seat is not extremely high. However the canopy allows extremely great wide views out the sides. Fantastic for GA site seeing at a fast pace.

It does barrel rolls and various other maneuvers beautifully, yet is not overpowered so still feels like flying, feels good.

Kind of expensive ($50au) but I just couldn't resist :)

I havent read a page of the manual yet, just had to try it and it IS worth every $.

Do please have a read of the guide when you have a moment. There are lots and lots of options and configurations plus descriptions of what the Legacy is capable of beyond normal flying, and rolling ;) . Apologies for the exchange rate with the Aussie dollar. We know it is high.

Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Some short questions...

- The specs of the Lancair speak of a stall speed of 65mph, the guide though mentions significantly faster approach speeds. I'm trying to evaluate to what extend the Legacy might be suitable for short grass strips around New Zealand.

- Does the Legacy feature similar engine failures as the Turbine Duke?

- Are the circuit breakers functional?

Thanks in advance.

Do please have a read of the guide when you have a moment. There are lots and lots of options and configurations plus descriptions of what the Legacy is capable of beyond normal flying, and rolling ;) . Apologies for the exchange rate with the Aussie dollar. We know it is high.

Rob - RealAir

Always do go through the manuals, gives more of a feeling of ownership and I get to see all the details better. Especially when I have random failures turned on.

Aussie dollar is better than it used to be, that's a plus.

The Lancair is available for sale now!

Thanks for that Bert we didn't know lol

- The specs of the Lancair speak of a stall speed of 65mph, the guide though mentions significantly faster approach speeds. I'm trying to evaluate to what extend the Legacy might be suitable for short grass strips around New Zealand.

- Does the Legacy feature similar engine failures as the Turbine Duke?

- Are the circuit breakers functional?

The one modeled 80-85 kts... The reason a lot of people fly faster is to increase visibility over the nose. I saw those specs and am wondering if Lancair tested with the lowest weight and perfect conditions to get that speed...I can get this plane in and out of KCZK Cascade Locks State just east of Portland, and that strip is 1800 ft. If you end up using it on grass strips don't forget to set the suspension in the config.

No failures like the T Duke, but the other features make up for that imho.

No breaker functionality.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

G'day all,

[media=]

[/media]

Best regards,

Christian

Christian, if I can nail down the correct shade of white, we're on! :Confused:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Christian, if I can nail down the correct shade of white, we're on! :Confused:

Come on mate, we know you will get it done..!

I for one will take that repaint the moment it leave the hanger. Nice to have a serial number and some story behind a plane like this one being the first in Australia.