Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

New RA Lancair screenie :)

Very happy with mine. Just flew around the Island of Bermuda for 20 minutes. Beautiful aircraft.

HP Omen Intel Core i9 @ 3.6GHz
64GB RAM @ 1596MHz, NVidia GeForce RTX 3090
Windows 10 64bit, 2 x 2TB SSD, 2TB 7200RPM SATA Drive

Finished my first test flight. The immersion is unreal. The vibration, the sound.... absolutely speechless. The loud bang as I tested flap failure... was just... I have no words. Reading the manuals in detail will be next, however even without reading a single line, flying this model just feels natural. Greased the few landings I did so far. Truly outstanding work.

Absolutely SUPERB guys. The immersion is incredible.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I have to say .. being the owner of the "other" Lancair IV-P I'm a little concerned with this one.. but have some questions to the folks who have both..

what is the ceiling? and what is the cruise speed? If I'm correct this isn't pressurized correct?

what are the configurations? a little mini review would be helpful.. I just have a hard time buying something I already have..

Ciao!

I have to say .. being the owner of the "other" Lancair IV-P I'm a little concerned with this one.. but have some questions to the folks who have both..

what is the ceiling? and what is the cruise speed? If I'm correct this isn't pressurized correct?

what are the configurations? a little mini review would be helpful.. I just have a hard time buying something I already have..

Service ceiling is 18,000 ft

It's superb.

I does about 240 ktas @ 8000ft with 75% power. Climb rate is around 1500-2000fpm. It's definitely not a high altitude type of plane, for that you want the Turbine Duke. I think optimum cruise is at 8000 ft if I remember reading over at Lancair's site. Hand flying is a joy, there's many custom sounds that make you "feel" like you're in the cockpit. My favorite is the landing touchdown sound and the slight squeal from the disc brakes on rollout. Things will break if you overstress them, the canopy will let you know if you've not secured it for flight hehe... fun little things like that.

Instruments-wise it's incredible. Smooth gauges like the T Duke, perfect suite for IFR flight, but the large open canopy makes VFR perfect as well. You've got HSI/NAV2/RMI and it will integrate with RXP's GNS 430w/530w and it will crossfill if you own their unlimited pack (I don't). On takeoff the needles will vibrate like in real life, adds to the immersion. Everyone including myself was extremely picking finding bugs and I think it's a solid release. It's easily my favorite GA plane, and probably will be. It's really fast and you must plan your descents accordingly, but final approach speed ends up being 90-100 kts (if you want to see over the nose), or 85-80 (recommended by Lancair). I fly my instrument approaches at 140-160 depending on how challenged I want to be.

It's got a full config panel so you can select stuff like AUTO/MANUAL DTK for the hsi, enabling/disabling ADF dip, VC glass reflection options, stall buffet strength etc etc, sounds etc... Manual tells you everything you need to know. There is no PoH because they couldn't distribute a real copy unless they bought the real plane hehe... I guess Lancair wouldn't allow them to put one into PDF format argh... but they do give specs and recommended power settings.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Brian,

The two aircraft only share a manufacturer's name. The Legacy could not be more different, both real and simulated. If you go to our website you can download our flying guide which contains most of the info you seek. You do not have to purchase to see this document.

Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Rob,

FANTASTIC job! I am going to repeat what others have said. The immersion is just incredible. Congrats on another great release. As usual, your products are worth every penny spent.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have a flight planned from Skagit regional to Concrete Muni.

:)

Scott

KGPI

Banner_MJC1.png

Nice I wil buy it in a few days, Can't wait to test fly it. Looks like a fun plane.

Kimo

Really wanting to get this, but just wondering how performance is. I don't have the best system, so I'm a bit worried about how it will run.

Brandon Filer

Do you have their Turbine Duke? If not name another GA addon (I probably own it hehe) and I'll try to give a fps comparison...

There are three different models you can choose... so you can use a lesser polygon model in the config program if the main one hurts performance...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Do you have their Turbine Duke? If not name another GA addon (I probably own it hehe) and I'll try to give a fps comparison...

There are three different models you can choose... so you can use a lesser polygon model in the config program if the main one hurts performance...

I don't have the Turbine Duke, as it is not really my type of plane. I can run the BayTower RV-7 pretty well, though. Also, the Carenado 172. (although that one is older and not as demanding)

Brandon Filer

Rob & team - this plane is awesome. I've just done a my first flight, and the immersion factor is beyond anything I've seen in FSX. The vibrations etc really provide the sense that you've got a powerful engine beating away just in front of your feet!

For my first flight, I couldn't help but trash the plane :-) Broke the flaps then did a belly landing...it's really cool to hear the bang and then see/hear the flaps flailing uselessly in the breeze!

Now to go do a flight where I don't do $1000's in damage ;-)

Great job, I won't be leaving this cockpit for a while!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I don't have the Turbine Duke, as it is not really my type of plane. I can run the BayTower RV-7 pretty well, though. Also, the Carenado 172. (although that one is older and not as demanding)

I own the RV7 as well. The Legacy is a bit harder on performance than that... maybe 15-20% if I were to make an educated guess. Then again the RV7 performs almost like the default C172 on my system.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Just finished installing the Legacy and am on first flight. What a delight. Bravo Zulu Rob and RealAir. This is a very fun plane, I cannot stop smiling.

Thanks!!!

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png