Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

REX Essential Released!

I am very happy to hear this Daniel. Get familiarized with the settings throughout the program as well as the WASys and you will be even more pleased.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Holy c***p!! Just installed it. This is just awesome! Full overcast which - finally - gives you the pleasure of popping out on top like it should be done! :Nerd:

That is great to hear!!! Enjoy!! Just wait until you approach a squall line. You will want to turn around. LOL

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Seeing as I've currently only posted problems that I've had... I thought I should say how damn amazing my first flight's been (with Essentials)!!

Literally on route to Orlando from Gatwick now, VS015, somewhere over the Atlantic. The climb was awesome :D There's been a few thunderstorms around today from the hot weather (I'm close-ish to Gatwick); Ess got them spot on. The sounds, the look, everything just feels better! Not to mention you've somehow gotten visibility perfect. Can't wait for my first fully overcast flight, when I get to break out of the clouds!

I'm hoping I'll come into Orlando at dusk, although we're going pretty quick atm so I'm not sure we will.

Gonna post some shots here/on the support forum later. GREAT job guys!

OK, I am now totally confused with all these different products and names... I have 1 x REX - Real Environment Xtreme Essential, bought in 2010 for FSX... v 2.0.2010.0130. Does this mean I also get a free upgrade to OVERDRIVE, and do I need to uninstall first? The webpage makes it appear that essentials is new... and I dont see the v2.5 that others are talking about. I love REX, but this update layout and types is confusing. Also, I'm in the states and on the forum links are down. Help! Thanks!

GREAT Will! I appreciate the feedback, and look forward to some visuals.

arogss1: where did you purchase REX from?

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

"I uninstalled REX2+OD. Downloaded REXE with out any problem,

I started to install "dotnet.fx.exe" application, I received the following Error msg:

"Error, Cannot install on a 64 bit operating system.

This product is not supported on a 64-bit operating system. Set up will now exit"

Will you please advise ,what is going on?"

Thanks Tim.

I received the following msg also:

http://img819.images...5366/rexese.jpg

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

You need to doubleclick on the file below the one they say to unzip..to extract that file. Once that is extracted, click on the file in the instructions and your install should be smooth.

Aeron,

"You need to doubleclick on the file below the one they say to unzip..to extract that file"

Which file I should doubleclick?

Thanks

Ahmet Sanal

So if you had REX 2 + OD and upgraded to Essential ... will you have to purchase the essential OD?

"I uninstalled REX2+OD. Downloaded REXE with out any problem,

I started to install "dotnet.fx.exe" application, I received the following Error msg:

"Error, Cannot install on a 64 bit operating system.

This product is not supported on a 64-bit operating system. Set up will now exit"

Will you please advise ,what is going on?"

Thanks Tim.

I received the following msg also:

http://img819.images...5366/rexese.jpg

asanal...

extract the REXE files to a seperate folder

Right click on "REXESS_setup.exe" file and "run as administrator" if you are using W7

Rick

So if you had REX 2 + OD and upgraded to Essential ... will you have to purchase the essential OD?

You cannot upgrade REX/OD to Essential.. .there will be a free upgrade for this coming.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I extracted all Cab files to separate folder,

I don't have "REXESS_setup.exe" file . May be I am doing some thing wrong.

Ahmet Sanal

You cannot upgrade REX/OD to Essential.. .there will be a free upgrade for this coming.

So if you had REX 2 + OD and went to Essential ... will you have to purchase the essential OD?

So if you had REX 2 + OD and went to Essential ... will you have to purchase the essential OD?

I thought I was clear in my post. You can't go to Essential, it is not developed for that..

REX ESSENTIAL OVERDRIVE is for users with REX+OverDrive, and it's FREE.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com