Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

REX Essential Released!

Asanal:

After you download REXE unzip it to a "new" folder

You will see in that "new" folder the following files...... 7 Cab files, autorun.exe, dotnetfix.exe, rexess_20120510.msi and finally rexess_setup.exe

Right click "rexess_setup.exe" and "run as Administrator"

Rick

I thought I was clear in my post. You can't go to Essential, it is not developed for that..

REX ESSENTIAL OVERDRIVE is for users with REX+OverDrive, and it's FREE.

Still not clear .. I had REX 2 + OD .. and was able to get the essential download (free). So when the Essential OD comes out ... do we have to purchase that?

... do we have to purchase that?

NO. It will come later...

Icing on the cake it is...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Asanal:

After you download REXE unzip it to a "new" folder

You will see in that "new" folder the following files...... 7 Cab files, autorun.exe, dotnetfix.exe, rexess_20120510.msi and finally rexess_setup.exe

Right click "rexess_setup.exe" and "run as Administrator"

Rick

Rick.

Thanks. I just completed and "run as Administrator" was the missing link,

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Hi,

It had been awhile since I used REX. Installed all and simconnect.msi. I think I have the simmconnect.xml and ini file properly installed on the FSX machine.

I did not install any textures so I got the weather engine gauge up and nothing happens. It just stays blank. I checked the errorlog and I have this message:

ERROR TRAPING FOR REX ESSENTIAL

Class Location: frmWxEngine.ucWebPlanner1_GoStorm

Error: Input string was not in a correct format.

Not sure what to do. There does not seem to be any indication that there is a connection issue from the client to FSX. I tried to get on the forums but am asked for id and pw but I do not remember. I cannot see the forums, I just get a popup asking for the id and pw.

Bob

Still not clear .. I had REX 2 + OD .. and was able to get the essential download (free). So when the Essential OD comes out ... do we have to purchase that?

Oh man... the guys have enough stress as it is, can you please get it this time?!

Basically, both Essentials (just out) AND Essentials OD (out soon) are FREE. You CAN'T install Essentials onto REX 2 + OD, ONLY REX 2. But when Essential OD comes out, you will.

Or you could do what I did, which was to uninstall REX2OD, reinstall REX2 only, then install the Essentials upgrade over that.

Does that make sense? :P

When I look at REXEssential.zip, I see only 7 cab files, dotnetfx.exe and Rxessential.exe. However, when I try to extract dotnetfx.exe and Rxessential.exe, I get a 'unknown compression type.'

Also, I see the compression ratio for those two files is 6%, as opposed to 95% for the seven cab files. I downloaded from the flightsim store with no issues, but now suspect I should try again from a different mirror site (I used the USA). Anyone else have problems extracting files?

Oh man... the guys have enough stress as it is, can you please get it this time?!

Basically, both Essentials (just out) AND Essentials OD (out soon) are FREE. You CAN'T install Essentials onto REX 2 + OD, ONLY REX 2. But when Essential OD comes out, you will.

Or you could do what I did, which was to uninstall REX2OD, reinstall REX2 only, then install the Essentials upgrade over that.

Does that make sense? :P

I know you are talking down to me .. but many others will need clarity as well. Hopefully, they can get it from my posts and you guys responses.

Might be obvious but make sure you extract these file out of the zip, use winrar always works great, a file this big should not be executed from inside the zipped file.

Rich Sennett

timest, I bought my REX2 essentials (v2.0.2010.0130) from THE FLIGHT STORE... so that means I should be able to Upgrade to the new essentials... I think... but I dont see anywhere to do this free uploading.

I know you are talking down to me .. but many others will need clarity as well. Hopefully, they can get it from my posts and you guys responses.

Woah woah, I didn't mean to seem like that, apologies!

Did you understand what I said?

Yayyyyy! Been waiting for this release! I remember thinking REX couldn't get any better a while back. Boy was I wrong.

Mobo/CPU: MSI Z490-A PRO - Intel Core i7-11700K (8 cores - 16 Threads) @5Ghz (CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S)

GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5600XT 6Gb GDDR6

RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 3200Mhz CL16

Storage: Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 500Gb & addlink 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe 3.0 M.2

PSU: EVGA 750BQ 80+ Bronze 750W